Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like Jose Mejuto Gonzalez because he makes stupid decisions.

For example: In the 2008 Euro Qualifier match Scotland v Italy, in stoppage time, an Italian player did a foul against a Scottish player and the ref decided foul by a Scottishman. :confused: After the free-kick, scored Italy the winning goal, 2-1. Italy went to the Euro, Scotland have to stay at home. :mad:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
i can't think of a single ref that i like:) ,and i'm struggling to even think of a ref that plays fair...:rolleyes: ...conclusion,i'm not a fan of the ref...:(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think Howard Webb is a class act and definitely the best ref in the Prem league.
He makes the odd mistake but they have one of the toughest professions in the world.
I think the fact he is a Rozzer gets him a certain amount of extra respect that maybe some of the others dont get.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I love Rob Styles. He awards dodgy penalties against Liverpool and gives dodgy penalties to United. :D

Only joking, the guy is a useless ref and, as Fergie said, he owed us 4 or 5 penalties anyway.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
ayrton-senna3 said:
I don't like Jose Mejuto Gonzalez because he makes stupid decisions.

For example: In the 2008 Euro Qualifier match Scotland v Italy, in stoppage time, an Italian player did a foul against a Scottish player and the ref decided foul by a Scottishman. After the free-kick, scored Italy the winning goal, 2-1. Italy went to the Euro, Scotland have to stay at home.
Really? Me too!

Wonder why that is? :cool: :p

Jazz 16 said:
I think Howard Webb is a class act and definitely the best ref in the Prem league.
He makes the odd mistake but they have one of the toughest professions in the world.
I think the fact he is a Rozzer gets him a certain amount of extra respect that maybe some of the others dont get.
Absolutely agree.

I think Howard Webb is a class ref. He hardly ever makes a mistake or has a bad game. Sure he has the odd few, but they are few and far between. He tries to let the game flow, and tries to avoid giving out cards if he can.

Whenever he is given a United game, I'm pleased because I know we have the best ref in England by far in charge.

As for foreign refs, the one that immediately springs to mind of me disliking is the German, is it Herbert Fandal?

Hes a terrible ref, and looks to have it in for us. :p

Z

·
0 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
He's the only referee I have any respect for. Mike Riley has one of those "I was bullied at school and now I'm getting my own back" looks about him.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Remember that ref who was universally acclaimed as the world's best? He was totally bald & really tall.

He looked like a Martian with big bulging eyes & a shiny scalp. He's my all time favourite. :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^ OMG - you must learn his name by heart.

I even posted an interview with him on this site.

the man is a legend. Pierluigi Collina.

He should really come to England to train the referees and be the head of Referees in England.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
RedForceRising said:
^ OMG - you must learn his name by heart.

I even posted an interview with him on this site.

the man is a legend. Pierluigi Collina.

He should really come to England to train the referees and be the head of Referees in England.
Oh Yes! That guy is awesome. He is one of the few refs i actually had respect for. What a man. Too bad he isn't a Ref anymore. We need more Refs of his calibur in the game.

Mark Clattenberg. I really really really dislike that man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts