Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SAF has confirmed he will buy a striker in the summer, but who?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3550157,00.html

Many different names have come up over the past couple of months, here is a list:

Player - Club - Rough Price
Michael Owen - Newcastle - £7m
Dimitar Berbatov - Tottenham - £30m+
Klaas- Jan Huntelaar - Ajax - £16m http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=690929
Luis Fabiano - Sevilla - £7m http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=690538
Marcelo Moreno - Cruzeiro - N/A
Karim Benzema - Lyon - £25m+
Dean Ashton - West Ham - £10m
Fabio Quagliarella - Udinese - N/A
Davide Petrucci - Roma - N/A
David Villa - Valencia - £15m+
Samuel Eto'o - N/A
Roque Santa Cruz - Blackburn - £10m

We still have Manucho, Campbell and Wellbeck who will be available for next season but I think we still need another striker. From this list I would take Huntelaar, Benzema, Fabiano or Moreno.

To go along with a new striker, hopefully we can get Micah Richards as the succesor to Gary Neville.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682638

Moves for Richards and Huntelaar/Fabiano seen likely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Huntelaar wouldnt fit our play , hes too slow isnt really a good team player as he cant hold the ball up and spray it around and we would be have to play like we did with ruud again in order to get the best out of him , which would mean rooney and ronaldo in particular would suffer.

To be honest i feel we just need a back up player someone like Ashton would be ideal , again not the quickest but he has a lot of skill and plays a bit like sheringham so would help the team flow

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
jerrakos said:
SAF has confirmed he will buy a striker in the summer, but who?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3550157,00.html

Many different names have come up over the past couple of months, here is a list:

Klaas- Jan Huntelaar - Ajax - £16m http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=690929
Luis Fabiano - Sevilla - £7m http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=690538
Samuel Eto'o - N/A

We still have Manucho, Campbell and Wellbeck who will be available for next season but I think we still need another striker. From this list I would take Huntelaar, Benzema, Fabiano or Moreno.

To go along with a new striker, hopefully we can get Micah Richards as the succesor to Gary Neville.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682638

Moves for Richards and Huntelaar/Fabiano seen likely.
We are not buying Owen. Sir Alex dismissed that idea when he was asked yesterday before the game.
No Berbabatov either, not for that amount of money.
No Santa Cruz and just no to Fabiano
Dean Ashton? lol
Samuel Eto'o, not gonna happen

The others are all very possible.
We need someone young and with a great future.

I thought it was already obvious that the Silva twins were the long term succesors to the full-back postions, otherwise we wouldn't have bought them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope Huntelaar..we need him exatcly because he is a different type of player-->great header and he is a goal machine

we have yet players like ashton (rooney tevez).

we didn't win anything with Ruud because we had a weaker team than now

This season is a lucky season because ronaldo have played all the time..but if he breaks for example his leg who can score 25 goals in the premiership? No one

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Lets look at the options. My comments in red btw for anyone who hasn't picked it up ;)

jerrakos said:
Sir Alex has already dismissed the signing. Not going to happen

No way will we sign him for that amount imo. He would disrupt the team spirit and has a serious attitude problem anyway.

Klaas- Jan Huntelaar - Ajax - £16m
He has already said he wants to stay at Ajax for next season to work under Van Basten and Bergkamp.

Luis Fabiano - Sevilla - £7m
Imo, worth the risk at £7m, but I'll be surprised if it happens.

I doubt we're even after him.

For goodness sake, how stupid are people? I'm getting so sick of people saying "Benzema." or "We've got to buy Benzema" or "Benzemas the man for us" Benzema has signed a new contract just this year and has said he would rather play in Italy and Spain before England. How clear does he have to make it?

Dean Ashton? Sir Alex basically hinted after the West Ham game that he was only linked with us because he was a United supporter as a kid. Not good enough for us anyway imo

Won't happen. I doubt we were even interested in him in the first place.

A 16 year old to solve our striker "problems." LMAO! If he is signed, he will be signed for the future. So he'll start in the youth teams :rolleyes:

Unrealistic. I don't think hes the type of striker we're looking for

Samuel Eto'o - N/A
Would be fantastic if we went for him imo, but I don't think we'll approach Barca about him.

The one player in the list who probably has the most realistic chance of signing for us.
So, imo, Santa Cruz is the striker we will go for if we do go for anyone on the list.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
HAS to be the man i have said all along HUNTELAAR.
If not Fabiano or Berb's no matter the price.
Plus it says 7 mil for Luis Fabiano i've heard 30 odd flying around :| !

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Plus it says 7 mil for Luis Fabiano i've heard 30 odd flying around :| !
Its believed that Sevilla want 30 odd for him, but he has a £7m release clause in his contract.

So if we offer £7m, they have to sell him or its a breach of contract.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
would love to see huntelaar here but he will stay on if van basten takes charge!!!!!so maybe eto'o or villa will be good....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think santa cruz would be a good pick for a striker . he's big and can hold ball for needed posession.His goals tally was pretty good this year.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Just because Benzema has said he'd prefer to play in Italy or that he has signed a new contract, doesn't mean he'd reject us if we made a great offer for him. Maybe it is part of their plan to sell their prized asset for as much money as possible.
They're resigned to losing their star players in Ben Arfa & Benzema, so a club in that postion would want to sell them for as much as they can get.

I reckon we'll get a nice surprise when it is announced. We'll probably know more in the next month.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Lets analyse shall we ?

Huntelaar :

Advantages:
* Has goals in Dutch league
* Young and fast
* Acrobatic

Down Points :

* We have strikers like him...... he isnt a tall poacher like adebayor or manucho
* Costly ?
* Is he proven in big leagues ?

Luis Fabiano

Advantages :

* Small fee
* Brazilian striker ! Take him :D
* A finisher

Diadvantages :

* Reliabilty ?
* Behavior and attitude ?

Ans . Cant decide

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
futbol said:
Lets analyse shall we ?

Huntelaar :

Advantages:
* Has goals in Dutch league
* Young and fast
* Acrobatic

Down Points :

* We have strikers like him...... he isnt a tall poacher like adebayor or manucho
* Costly ?
* Is he proven in big leagues ?

Luis Fabiano

Advantages :

* Small fee
* Brazilian striker ! Take him :D
* A finisher

Diadvantages :

* Reliabilty ?
* Behavior and attitude ?

Ans . Cant decide
We have strikers like him?!?!?! Who would they be? Are you really saying Huntelaar is similar to Tevez and Rooney?

I think you need to watch him a bit more. I'm not sure if you have the Dutch League on TV, but I get it and have watched Ajax.

The guy is class. I would prefer him to Luis Fabiano, but either would be a good signing.

By the way, Huntelaar is NOT fast. He;'s not slow either, but i wouldn;t describe him as fast.

But he can finish with both feet, is a good header of a ball, his positioning is outrageous and seems to be always at the right place at the right time. can score from free kicks, does not just stay upfront and wait like a traditional target man, but comes back to help build up play.

Also, since we have Manucho, why have a second player like Manucho?
At 6'1" he is taller than Rooney or Tevez, but shorter than Manucho, so don;t you think he would compliment what we have brilliantly?

Same with Luis Fabiano.

Both would be very good signings, but I would prefer the Hunter.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Much rather have Huntelaar, ive been watching him for years!!!! Ive always wanted him at utd!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts