Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
G

·
I have to agree with everybody, Giggs goal was by far the best, he took on Arsenal single handedly.

Rooney's volley was superb, not sure it's possible to strike a ball sweeter than that.

Dwarf, I still think Cantona's chip was better than Rooney's because Cantona
took on a few players first and played a nice one-two to create it.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I dunno, the most impressive thing about Scholes' rip is that the net didn't tear. As far as a sheer strike, that is the best I have ever seen. Striking on in the air at the pace it was coming from the side is so much harder, than one coming straight at you like Rooney did (and please, don't anyone say I am slating Roo's goal or saying it was easy to pull off.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
1. giggs
2.cantona
3.rooney

All brilliant!

Maybe we should put in fabio's (i think it was fabio, if not rafael) goal from the reserves last night! :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Have got to put Giggsy at number 1, never get tired of watching that great goal :)

next i would say Cantona, then Rooney.

All brill though :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
1. Giggs. That's probably the best game I've ever watched too, I thought it was even just...just...JUST above the Champions League Final, not to mention his celebration was class, as I too, am a man with unbelievable amounts of chest hair.
2. Cantona, his celebration was the greatest thing I've ever bore witness too and still attempt to emulate it every time I score, (though I tend stretch my arms out the way Ronaldo has done too, while still keeping the Cantonesque stoicism on my face)
3. Rooney. Probably the most lethal volley I can remember, along with Scholesy's against Villa in 06/07.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
the one at the stretford end or have i misread the thread title

only joking

Giggs.

We were down to 10 men. Amazing penalty save in last min. arsenal were happy to handle us and let the game go to penalties

up pops giggs on half-way line and runs with ball taking on an legendary back line/keeper. and when all was done he then produced the finish of all finishes to take the game and set us on our way to an amazing treble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I would myself say Giggs' solo goal against one of our greatest rivals was the greatest, then it would have to be Rooney's insane volley when he broke the net. The only reason i am not saying Cantona is probably because it is too old, but besides from that, i would say all 3 of them goals were amazing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts