Manchester United Talk banner

Which United Youngster Are You Most Looking Forward To See?.

• Fraizer Campbell

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Danny Simpson

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Ben Amos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evandro Brandao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodrigo Possebon

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Danny Welbeck

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.6%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Yes but he had to leave in a rush.:D

He was always rushing around, once he had to borrow
the clubs helicopter so he could get home and post on
here 30 minutes after a United game. :D

Lol. How to forget?! :D

And he was 'ambushed' and confronted by a few of us in the shoutbox about it. That was the last we heard from him in this forum. :D

·
23,699 Posts
mirror

Manchester United to loan young stars to Premiership rivals

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to turn dream-maker for a host of Premier League bosses and dream-wrecker for several Manchester United youngsters.

Fergie is planning to jettison some of his emerging young United stars, some on loan and some in permanent deals. Sunderland boss and former United skipper Roy Keane, who has already plundered his old club for players, is among the bosses aiming to be first in line when Fergie decides to release some of his kids.

And Hull boss Phil Brown is hoping to seal the permanent capture of striker Fraizer Campbell whose goals played a vital part in securing their promotion to the Premier League during his loan spell last season.

Brown yesterday broke Hull's transfer record to land winger Peter Halmosi from Plymouth in a £2million deal and is prepared to shatter it again to sign Campbell with a bid of around £5m.

United youngsters like Campbell, Jonny Evans, Lee Martin, Danny Simpson, Chris Eagles, Darron Gibson, Sam Hewson, Danny Welbeck and Ben Amos are all considered stars of the future.

Fergie claims they are among the best youngsters he has seen. "They're all really good players," he said. "They've got good potential and some of them will go on loan, some have come back from their loan periods and will now have to push on and show that improvement that's going to get them into the first team squad."

Campbell, who scored 15 goals for Hull last season, is the pick of United's emerging youngsters, which is why Brown may find Fergie reluctant to part with him.

The United boss wants to assess the forward in preseason before deciding whether to let him leave.

Brown said: "If Frazier was available, we'd certainly be interested either permanently or on loan."

Sunderland boss Keane wants to tie up a permanent deal for United defender Evans, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the Stadium of Light.

Evans, who impressed Keane during his second loan spell with the club, would cost around £4m and Fergie is expected to make a decision on the 20-year-old Irishman once United return from South Africa.

Hungarian winger Halmosi had his medical at Hull yesterday and Brown said: "Peter has got a great left foot and an eye for goal."

·
23,699 Posts
United's likely lads

Very interesting read to supplement subject thread from where else but one of the best United websites, if not the best. Please feel free to explore their website. ;)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nchester_united/s/1058647_uniteds_likely_lads

THE Old Trafford first-team door is the toughest to unlock. Cracking the combination to be able to join the European Champions and back-to-back Premiership title winners is no mean feat.

But Sir Alex Ferguson will always lend his key to any prospect or bargain buy import the United boss considers potential material.

Competition was never fiercer than last term, and it will remain so as the double winners stride on to the new campaign but there are a handful of players being groomed as possible candidates to gatecrash the Kings of Europe and England.

The likeliest lads are Academy quartet Danny Welbeck (pictured), Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson and Fraizer Campbell.

In addition, goalkeeper Ben Foster and Manucho are older purchases who are on the verge of shaking up the opposition in their departments.

Former United star-maker Eric Harrison has run his eye over the contenders.

"When I was working day in day out with players like Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, David Beckham, Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs I knew at 16 whether they would make it or not," Eric told M.E.N. Sport.

"It is not solely about ability and talent it is also about character. You need to be with them morning, noon and night to know fully if they have all the attributes.

"So it is a bit more difficult looking in from the outside but the six candidates all have great possibilities.

"It is not an easy task and never has been to break through at United but it is not an impossible one.

"If you have ability, desire, hunger and a professional outlook you can do it even at the European and Premiership Champions."

Here Harrison has run the rule over United's latest hopefuls and his assessments make fascinating reading.

DANNY WELBECK

Danny would be a godsend if he came through from the Academy to make it.

It is so long since a striker came through the ranks that you need someone to show the way. There is no question Danny has the technique. I had Mark Hughes and Norman Whiteside in my youth team and even as teenagers they had the physique to be able to make the step up.

Danny is going to have a fantastic build but he is not there yet. He's probably not ready for this season but he is definitely one for the future. He's a very confident boy and has a lot of things going for him. The potential is there without doubt. I have spoken to a lot of the backroom staff and I know they would be very, very disappointed if at some stage Danny didn't make the breakthrough.

DANNY SIMPSON

If you had asked me as a youngster if Gary Neville would have made it as a United regular I would have said there was a big doubt about it.

He was less talented than the other lads in that group and his brother Phil and Gary knows I think that.

But he made it because he was prepared to work extremely hard, listened to advice and took it on board. Danny Simpson is in the same mould.

He is a gem of a boy and a true professional. He'll work his socks off to try and make it. When I pop into Carrington for a cup of tea he always wants to chat and hear what I have to say.

He has talent and is a very determined character. He knows what he wants and he has the guts to go for it. He's had a few tastes of the first team but the game against Everton last season last Christmas didn't go well for him and it was a shock to his system.

But He did well on loan at Ipswich from March and he will come back and have learnt from all those experiences of last season. I have my fingers crossed for him.

MANUCHO

He is a mystery man to me. I only really know of his profile and history.

But what I do know is that from talking to people at United they are excited about him.

He faces the challenge of Academy products Campbell and Welbeck, as well as the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez, so it won't be easy for him. His performances in the African Nations caught the eye so he has quality. The rest is up to him – and a bit of good luck.

The Reds carved out a club best ever Premiership defensive record last season as they stormed to the title. And with Gary Neville, John O'Shea and Mikael Silvestre pushing last season's regulars Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, getting a foothold in the rearguard is no mean feat.

BEN FOSTER

Goalkeeping is not my speciality so I listen to the experts and United's former goalkeeper coach Tony Coton, who was forced to quit with knee problems last January, is convinced Ben will be a first team player and hopefully that will be at United eventually.

Nobody is more qualified than Tony to be absolutely certain on that.

When I see Ben's kicking I think he should be in American Football he has an absolutely stunning kick on him.

It's going to be a dog fight for the goalkeeper position this season but Ben has obviously got an excellent chance.

JONNY EVANS

He is a talent, there is no danger about that. He is big enough for a centre half and you would put him in with no trepidation if a position became available in United's defence.

He proved his worth at Sunderland and obviously they are keen to have him permanently but Jonny must have a chance at United.

FRAIZER CAMPBELL

I saw him play twice for Hull last season and talk about being a favourite with the fans! He was number one as far as they were concerned.

He's a raw talent, a rough diamond. He is a goalscorer and a goal maker who is big, quick and strong.

When the ball is in the last third there is only one place Fraizer will be and that is in the box. You won't seem him outside the area. He wants to score and create. He's a Mark Hughes type, not as aggressive as Mark but he's got a bit more pace.

He's very, very talented and a great kid. He's up against it with Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez ahead of him but again the staff at Old Trafford think he has got a very, very good chance. I am glad he is back but I can understand if he wanted another loan move. I can also appreciate Hull wanting him permanently. “All I know is that Fraizer is a Premier League player so we will have to wait and see.”

·
23,699 Posts
manutd.com

High hopes for starlets

Sir Alex Ferguson has earmarked a host of his promising youngsters as future Old Trafford stars and hopes to see them make significant progress over the coming season.

A number of the young players have impressed during United's pre-season trip to South Africa with Chris Eagles, Lee Martin, Tom Cleverley and Fraizer Campbell all finding the net.

Assured displays from Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Possebon and Belfast-born defender Craig Cathcart during Saturday's Vodacom Challenge final victory have given Sir Alex further cause for optimism.

"They are all at a good age in terms of us judging them," he said. "Most of them have been out on loan and done well.

"Jonny Evans had a good spell at Sunderland and was instrumental in them staying up. Campbell was instrumental in bringing Hull up.

"Lee Martin has been unfortunate with injuries, but he showed what he can do by setting up the first goal [against the Kaizer Chiefs]. He has potential.

"Cathcart is looking much stronger and the intention is to put him out on loan this season. Possebon will stay as he has potential for first team football, while Cleverley is just a young lad and has time on his side. All the young players have good potential."

We certainly hope so... :rolleyes:

·
23,699 Posts
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1479510.ece

Vidic hails United's kids

NEMANJA VIDIC reckons Manchester United's latest crop of young stars can play a big part in their title defence.

The Red Devils have impressed during pre-season, winning four of their five games so far.

And youngsters like Fraizer Campbell, Craig Cathcart and Jonny Evans have all caught the eye.

Vidic, 26, has now backed the new breed to go on to stamp their mark on the Premier League for years to come.

He said: "The young players have done very well. I played with Craig for the first time on Saturday against Kaizer Chiefs and I thought he produced a good performance, as did Jonny.

"All the youngsters have been impressive. Rodrigo Possebon has looked good, and Tom Cleverley and Fraizer Campbell both scored against the Kaizer Chiefs — so things have gone well.

"It's been a great experience for them and they should be proud of how they've performed during the trip. They have a great future ahead of them."

·
23,699 Posts
Another promising youngster to leave?

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=188505

Manchester United winger set for Blues move

Lee Martin is expected to join Birmingham City Football Club this week.

The winger has failed to establish himself in the Manchester United first team setup, although he has impressed during their preparations for the coming season.

Despite this Sir Alex Ferguson is willing to let the 21-year-old, who impressed at Sheffield United last season, leave Old Trafford to gain regular first team football.

The Blades would like to take Martin back on a permanent basis this summer, but it is believed that Alex McLeish will win the race and take him to Birmingham City for £1.5million.

·
23,699 Posts
Oh no! Not another of the "best youngsters" going out again?!

goal.com

Villa To Beat Rovers For United's Simpson?

Manchester United full-back Danny Simpson could be moving out of Old Trafford on loan - but while Blackburn Rovers or Manchester City looked favourite to sign him, Aston Villa could yet hijack that deal and take Simpson to the West Midlands.

According to The Sunday Mirror, Blackburn manager Paul Ince is poised to offer Simpson, who is also wanted by Manchester City boss Mark Hughes, a one-year loan deal.

However, Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill, who is anxiously looking to bolster his defensive options, could out-flank his rivals and have Simpson at Villa Park for the new season.

The 21-year-old full-back has been assured by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson that he will be sent on loan to another Premier League club, having spent part of last season in the Championship with Ipswich Town.

Meanwhile, Blackburn boss Ince is also said to be lining up a bid for French midfielder Julien Sable - although Italian side Chievo Verona will compete hard with Rovers for Sable's signature.

Ince, though, is understood to have invited the 27-year-old Lens star to Ewood Park, and he should be flying in today for talks and a some training with Blackburn - who could take him on loan or buy him for around £1.5million.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.