Manchester United Talk banner

Which United Youngster Are You Most Looking Forward To See?.

• Fraizer Campbell

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Danny Simpson

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Ben Amos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evandro Brandao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodrigo Possebon

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Danny Welbeck

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.6%
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Nice thread Keano :)

Its a tough one between Welbeck and Possebon, both are very good prospects and i cant wait to see more of them.

I'll vote for Welbeck though, cause iv seen him more whereas most of the things about Possebon iv been told.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I see what you mean Solsks.

I know I didn't vote for him, but I thought Evandro Brandao would get a vote or two.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I'm lookin forward to seeing all of our youngsters, but this is what I think of them.

Fraizer Campbell

I think he will make it, if not at United than at another Premiership club. We always knew that he has pace to burn but now he has bulked up considerably and his workrate is brilliant. I think he has the potential to be as good if not better than Jermaine Defoe as I see them as similar players, only Campbell has more pace.

Hopefully he'll play a few games in Pre season and than we'll loan him back out to Hull where he can get more experience.

Danny Simpson

A few years ago I thought he'd make it but I don't think he will anymore. He's good at attacking but is very poor defensively, and the only time where he came up against decent opposition (Everton) he looked lost. He's 21 now so I don't think he'll ake it with us. Apparently he was poor with Ipswich last season aswell.

Ben Amos

I don't think he'll make it either, I actually hope he doesn't play much this Pre season because I wanna see Foster play the majority of games and get him used to our defence.

Evandro Brandao

He's a good player, though again I don't think he'll make the step up. He has been good in the youth team, There is just too much competion for him aswell.

Rodrigo Possebon

I think Rodrigo is a brilliant player, who reminds me of Michael Carrick, just a bit more mobile. His performance in the final vs City was brilliant.

I definately think he has the talent to make it with us, unfortunately we are so well stocked in CM that it will be hard for anyone to get break through in that position.

His english is very good aswell.

Danny Welbeck

IMO has the best chance to make it. Choccy and Fergie have both compared him to Kanu in terms of style. His touch, creativity and finishing are very good, and he almost single handedly won us games at youth and reserve level (mainly youth)

The thing that most people don't realise is that he is also very quick, which is somethink Kanu isn't, and last season he improved his work rate a lot.

I think he can not only 'make it', but be a 1st team player aswell.

Macheda

I don't know if he's going on Pre season with the 1st team but he is a very good player aswell. He has as much talent as Rossi did when he first came, except he is a year younger, and is bigger physically which is what hindered Rossi.

Choccy likened him to Berbatov in that his touch is brilliant, plus he is a very clever player.

I think he can make it aslong as he continues to progress well.

Pettruci

I know nothing about him but apparently he is 'the next totti' and if he becomes half as good as totto then we have a gem here.

He is a good size aswell, so he has an advantage there aswell.

Fabio and Rafael

I have only seen them play 3 times (for Brazil) and to me Fabio looks like he could be a good player, he's similar to Evra from what I've seen and the fact that he was top scorer at the world under 18's (or whatever it was) shows he has some talent.

Rafael I wasn't impressed with, but like I said I have only seen them a few times so I can't really make a proper judgement yet.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I voted for Possebon seen quite a bit of Welbeck through video's etc. But not much of Possebon. Looking forward to seeing someone who isn't up there as well Zieler - goalie, looks a decent prospect!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Rodrigo Possebon for me.From what i have read and heard,he is outgrowing the reserves and Sir Alex tips him to challenge for a place on the bench next season.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
simpson will play the most next season imo. but wellbeck looks a good prospect, campbell is a bit hit and miss and i havent really seen the others enough to make a judgment.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
johnny evans
since he is not on the list, i voted for welbeck. i just want to see how much he can provide to the team as a 17/18 years old.

·
23,699 Posts
mirror

Manchester United to loan young stars to Premiership rivals

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to turn dream-maker for a host of Premier League bosses and dream-wrecker for several Manchester United youngsters.

Fergie is planning to jettison some of his emerging young United stars, some on loan and some in permanent deals. Sunderland boss and former United skipper Roy Keane, who has already plundered his old club for players, is among the bosses aiming to be first in line when Fergie decides to release some of his kids.

And Hull boss Phil Brown is hoping to seal the permanent capture of striker Fraizer Campbell whose goals played a vital part in securing their promotion to the Premier League during his loan spell last season.

Brown yesterday broke Hull's transfer record to land winger Peter Halmosi from Plymouth in a £2million deal and is prepared to shatter it again to sign Campbell with a bid of around £5m.

United youngsters like Campbell, Jonny Evans, Lee Martin, Danny Simpson, Chris Eagles, Darron Gibson, Sam Hewson, Danny Welbeck and Ben Amos are all considered stars of the future.

Fergie claims they are among the best youngsters he has seen. "They're all really good players," he said. "They've got good potential and some of them will go on loan, some have come back from their loan periods and will now have to push on and show that improvement that's going to get them into the first team squad."

Campbell, who scored 15 goals for Hull last season, is the pick of United's emerging youngsters, which is why Brown may find Fergie reluctant to part with him.

The United boss wants to assess the forward in preseason before deciding whether to let him leave.

Brown said: "If Frazier was available, we'd certainly be interested either permanently or on loan."

Sunderland boss Keane wants to tie up a permanent deal for United defender Evans, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the Stadium of Light.

Evans, who impressed Keane during his second loan spell with the club, would cost around £4m and Fergie is expected to make a decision on the 20-year-old Irishman once United return from South Africa.

Hungarian winger Halmosi had his medical at Hull yesterday and Brown said: "Peter has got a great left foot and an eye for goal."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Despite me being a big fan of Simpson, since I've seen him a couple of times, already I voted for Welbeck, and because I didn't know who to vote for! :p

I'm not that bothered about Ben Amos. I do hope he does well, and makes it here, but I'm more concerned with Ben Foster tbh.

I was going to vote for Frazier Campbell. I think coming on as a sub in the derby when we're losing and coming on as a sub in the Coventry game is unfair to judge him on, and I'm looking forward to seeing him. He had a very good season with Hull last year, and if he was to go back to Hull, I would hope it would only be on loan. But hopefully he gets some chances next year.

I don't know much about Brandao, so it would be interesting to see him.

I've heard great things about Possebon and Welbeck, but never seen them play.

I don't know if Possebon will get much football next year, simply because we are packed in central-midfield. I think he might go out on loan at some point. I've also heard great things about Welbeck, and by the sound of things hes going to be a top class player.

I would also love to see Johnny Evans get more football then Pique did.

But in all honesty, I've got to ask the same question as Keano. Is there any point in buying a striker? Yes, I can see why people think so, but is it worth it? We've got Rooney, Tevez, Manucho, Campbell, Welbeck, and if Saha stays fit, thats 5 strikers to choose from. If we get another striker, I can see at least one being shipped out, whether that be on loan or permanently.

I think we would be better off just not buying a striker, and letting either all, or a couple of Rooney, Tevez, Manucho, Campbell, and Welbeck fighting it out for the striking positions.

abojodeh said:
Ben.A will vote for him self :p
That was funny abo! :p

·
Registered
488 Posts
Time to show case the talents from the academy... Many find that it is make or break opportunity and to break through the ranks to play for United first team is gonna be tough looking at our current squad. But still looking forward for someone from the academy to play for United... Out of the list, Possebon looks more likely to breakthrough...

Nevertheless, all the best to all future stars...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i would like to see campbell! he looked great for hull last season, but was inconsistent. guess that had to do with his age, he will get more consistent when he is older though.

welbeck and possebon look great for the future. :D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing Danny Wellbeck, He's a Talent, I think we will see him with the First Team this Season,

Fraizer Campbell did really well on Loan last Season,

Possebon looks very good aswell...!!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I went for Wellbeck. Seems like a decent kid and he has bags of potential.
He is big and fast and once he fills out he could be a super player.
Hope he gets a chance here and there next season. He has the potential.
nice thread Keano.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'll go for rodrigo..
he play his football same as carrick..simple passing, good decision and a good passer..he should be given chances next season in the carling cup..welbeck is another one..hes fast and a good finisher..anyone seen petrucci played yet?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
RedDevilBorneo said:
i'll go for rodrigo..
he play his football same as carrick..simple passing, good decision and a good passer..he should be given chances next season in the carling cup..welbeck is another one..hes fast and a good finisher..anyone seen petrucci played yet?
There's a whole thread on Petrucci somewhere that has a video of him. He looks quick, seems to have a good strike on the ball, however he did make a terrible challenge from behind on the opposing player, but if he can keep his cool, I see him down the line as another Wayne Rooney type.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
abojodeh said:
1.he have school and training daily ;)
2.human :D
3.click on his profile name and you will find some information about him ,his fav. player is edwin van der sar , you can email him too ;)
That was not Amos Abo !

It was some guy... with that user name !

·
23,699 Posts
United's likely lads

Very interesting read to supplement subject thread from where else but one of the best United websites, if not the best. Please feel free to explore their website. ;)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nchester_united/s/1058647_uniteds_likely_lads

THE Old Trafford first-team door is the toughest to unlock. Cracking the combination to be able to join the European Champions and back-to-back Premiership title winners is no mean feat.

But Sir Alex Ferguson will always lend his key to any prospect or bargain buy import the United boss considers potential material.

Competition was never fiercer than last term, and it will remain so as the double winners stride on to the new campaign but there are a handful of players being groomed as possible candidates to gatecrash the Kings of Europe and England.

The likeliest lads are Academy quartet Danny Welbeck (pictured), Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson and Fraizer Campbell.

In addition, goalkeeper Ben Foster and Manucho are older purchases who are on the verge of shaking up the opposition in their departments.

Former United star-maker Eric Harrison has run his eye over the contenders.

"When I was working day in day out with players like Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, David Beckham, Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs I knew at 16 whether they would make it or not," Eric told M.E.N. Sport.

"It is not solely about ability and talent it is also about character. You need to be with them morning, noon and night to know fully if they have all the attributes.

"So it is a bit more difficult looking in from the outside but the six candidates all have great possibilities.

"It is not an easy task and never has been to break through at United but it is not an impossible one.

"If you have ability, desire, hunger and a professional outlook you can do it even at the European and Premiership Champions."

Here Harrison has run the rule over United's latest hopefuls and his assessments make fascinating reading.

DANNY WELBECK

Danny would be a godsend if he came through from the Academy to make it.

It is so long since a striker came through the ranks that you need someone to show the way. There is no question Danny has the technique. I had Mark Hughes and Norman Whiteside in my youth team and even as teenagers they had the physique to be able to make the step up.

Danny is going to have a fantastic build but he is not there yet. He's probably not ready for this season but he is definitely one for the future. He's a very confident boy and has a lot of things going for him. The potential is there without doubt. I have spoken to a lot of the backroom staff and I know they would be very, very disappointed if at some stage Danny didn't make the breakthrough.

DANNY SIMPSON

If you had asked me as a youngster if Gary Neville would have made it as a United regular I would have said there was a big doubt about it.

He was less talented than the other lads in that group and his brother Phil and Gary knows I think that.

But he made it because he was prepared to work extremely hard, listened to advice and took it on board. Danny Simpson is in the same mould.

He is a gem of a boy and a true professional. He'll work his socks off to try and make it. When I pop into Carrington for a cup of tea he always wants to chat and hear what I have to say.

He has talent and is a very determined character. He knows what he wants and he has the guts to go for it. He's had a few tastes of the first team but the game against Everton last season last Christmas didn't go well for him and it was a shock to his system.

But He did well on loan at Ipswich from March and he will come back and have learnt from all those experiences of last season. I have my fingers crossed for him.

MANUCHO

He is a mystery man to me. I only really know of his profile and history.

But what I do know is that from talking to people at United they are excited about him.

He faces the challenge of Academy products Campbell and Welbeck, as well as the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez, so it won't be easy for him. His performances in the African Nations caught the eye so he has quality. The rest is up to him – and a bit of good luck.

The Reds carved out a club best ever Premiership defensive record last season as they stormed to the title. And with Gary Neville, John O'Shea and Mikael Silvestre pushing last season's regulars Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, getting a foothold in the rearguard is no mean feat.

BEN FOSTER

Goalkeeping is not my speciality so I listen to the experts and United's former goalkeeper coach Tony Coton, who was forced to quit with knee problems last January, is convinced Ben will be a first team player and hopefully that will be at United eventually.

Nobody is more qualified than Tony to be absolutely certain on that.

When I see Ben's kicking I think he should be in American Football he has an absolutely stunning kick on him.

It's going to be a dog fight for the goalkeeper position this season but Ben has obviously got an excellent chance.

JONNY EVANS

He is a talent, there is no danger about that. He is big enough for a centre half and you would put him in with no trepidation if a position became available in United's defence.

He proved his worth at Sunderland and obviously they are keen to have him permanently but Jonny must have a chance at United.

FRAIZER CAMPBELL

I saw him play twice for Hull last season and talk about being a favourite with the fans! He was number one as far as they were concerned.

He's a raw talent, a rough diamond. He is a goalscorer and a goal maker who is big, quick and strong.

When the ball is in the last third there is only one place Fraizer will be and that is in the box. You won't seem him outside the area. He wants to score and create. He's a Mark Hughes type, not as aggressive as Mark but he's got a bit more pace.

He's very, very talented and a great kid. He's up against it with Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez ahead of him but again the staff at Old Trafford think he has got a very, very good chance. I am glad he is back but I can understand if he wanted another loan move. I can also appreciate Hull wanting him permanently. “All I know is that Fraizer is a Premier League player so we will have to wait and see.”

21 - 40 of 89 Posts