·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:
I know Macheda better than you and I've seen him play,
I know he's a bit temperamental but he's got awesome
potential.

I know him better than you lol!!

I didnt say I know him I said I know people who know him my nephew goes to school with his kid brother at ashton upon mersey .

I think he is good but Rossi had more about him and he isnt with us now is he .

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
red dave said:
I know him better than you lol!!

I didnt say I know him I said I know people who know him my nephew goes to school with his kid brother at ashton upon mersey .

I think he is good but Rossi had more about him and he isnt with us now is he .
He's not with us because HE wanted to leave. Most Reds would be happy
if he came back.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The problem is that in 5 years Rooney will be 28 which
means that out of Frazier Campbell, Danny Welbeck,
Davide Petrucci and Federico Macheda only one (if that)
will be a regular first team player.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
antdevil78 said:
fergie obviously rates evans as he has trusted in him for some really big games this season and he aint failed to disappoint. Possebon however has played in some of the Carling Cup games and blended in with the wallpaper.

For kids to make it, you need to shine when it counts and when you get an opportunity to take with both hands.
sorry scrap that, i meant to say evans will definitely make it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
If Fab doesn't play on the wing, he's gonna have a tough time getting games. I doubt he'll wanna be used sparingly, though I suppose he probably won't want to be away from his brother. It was easier for Phil Neville since he had a family and its still his home nation, being alone is much harder.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Youngsters to be here in 5-6 years.

Evans
Catchcart
Rafael
Welbeck
Simpson

Evans will make it. He's better than Brown at CB and look how long Fergie has kept him.

Cathcart has impressed me whenever I've seen him, so I think he will be around in 5 years time. He also strikes me as the sort who would stick it out and fight for a place like O'Shea and Fletcher.

Rafael could possibly be the regular right back from next season onwards.

Simpson also strikes me as the type to stick around and try to play any part he can.

Welbeck looks to have the potential to be better than Campbell and will be the first academy striker since Mark Hughes to make the first team. He has age on his side, whereas Campbell will be demanding first team football now.

Can't see Campbell sticking around.

I haven't seen Fabio at all, so cannot comment.

Possebon looks good to me, but I'm not sure he will be here in 5-6 years. His first touch and passing should see him start regularly in most teams outside the top 4-5, so if he doesn't get in ahead of Carrick, Anderson or Hargreaves he might look for regular football elsewhere.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Cathcart has impressed me whenever I've seen him, so I think he will be around in 5 years time. He also strikes me as the sort who would stick it out and fight for a place like O'Shea and Fletcher.

I think in 5 years he may well be starting. That's how high I rate him after seeing him a few times.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
piazza said:
I think in 5 years he may well be starting. That's how high I rate him after seeing him a few times.
Man anything is possible. A lot of it is between the ears.

When Wes Brown came onto the scene I thought he would take Gary's starting place for sure.

Wes made his mark while Gary was injured and everytime he played he really impressed me. Then Wes got injured himself and hand-on-heart it took him until 07/07 to get back near that standard.

It just makes me cautious when talking about the potential of youngsters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i hope welbeck or campbell could make grade in our first team if not both of them, coz it's been a while since we have a home grown striker playing in our starting eleven. or was i mistaken ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i wish welbeck or campbell could make grade in our first team coz it's been a while since we have a home grown striker playing in our first team or was i mistaken ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I dont know if anyone is aware but the da silva twins arnt the only set of brother's at United .

Johnny Evans younger brother Cory is with United aswell and is captain of the Youth team .

And by all accounts he is supposed to a quality player aswell .

Was wondering whether any of you Irish lads have ever seen much of him and could let us know how good he is ?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts