Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The papers are full of quotes that Sir Alex has admitted he will have a selection headache when he submits his team sheet to UEFA and that he will not enjoy the little talks he is going to be holding in the days leading up to the Champions League Final.

Fergie will be able to name 7 substitutes and has said that the first team will pick itself, but that he will have more problems picking the subs.

I'm not going to go into the formation that he should play or whom he should start, but here are the 18 that i think should be on the team sheet on the 21st of May.

Manchester United vs Chelsea
21st May 2008

1. Van der Sar
2. Kuszczak
3. Brown
4. Vidic
5. Ferdinand
6. Evra
7. O'Shea
8. Silvestre
9. Giggs
10. Scholes
11. Carrick
12. Hargreaves
13. Anderson
14. Park
15. Ronaldo
16. Fletcher
17. Rooney
18. Tevez

I think Fergie will op for experience, unless the player doesn't know the meaning of nerves like Anderson. He also likes to reward loyalty, so he might drop Pique in order to include O'Shea and Nani to include Park.

I don;t think the list should be too different from what Fergie will opt for. The glaring omission is Louis Saha, but I think he won;t make the bench of such an important final, not having played any games.

He was on the bench against Wigan, but I think he would rather move Ronaldo up the field and throw on another midfielder.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Van der Sar
Brown
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra
O'Shea
Nani
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick
Hargreaves
Anderson
Park
Ronaldo
Fletcher
Rooney
Tevez

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's a tough one because absoloutly no one will want to miss out on this one, but unfortunatly some will have to. My 18 players would be

Edwin Van Der Sar
Wes Brown
Rio Ferdinand
Nemanja Vidic
Patrice Evra
John O'Shea
Mikael Silvestre
Cristiano Ronaldo
Paul Scholes
Michael Carrick
Owen Hargreaves
Ji Sung Park
Anderson
Luis Nani/Darrer Fletcher
Ryan Giggs
Louis Saha
Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez

I couldn't decide between Fletcher and Nani for a number of reasons. Firstly Fletcher is the type of player who always seems to turn up for big games and you know what you will get from him, but it is unlikely he would start. Nani on the other hand is unpredictable and he could play a vital role in sparking a piece of magic and winning us the game. However he is a times a bit hit and miss and we need everyone to be in top form.

I left out the likes of Pique simply because I think Fergie will opt for experience and although Pique has played in the Champions League this season, the likes of Silvestre and O'Shea just have more experience.

I was also very tempted to put down Gary Neville's name. My heart said yes but my head said no, I would love to see Gary play, then lift the Champions League trophy but after only playing about 15 minutes all season, unfortunaly United's most passionate player just won't be ready :(.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He will prefer experience to anything else and really who has deserved it i think he will go ....

Van der Sar
Kuzsack

Brown
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra
O'Shea
Silvestre

Ronaldo
Hargo
Carrick
Scholes
Nani
Giggs
Park
Anderson

Rooney
Tevez

·
Registered
36 Posts
here's my squad! my winning squad! hehehe

Van der sar
Ferdinand
Vidic
Brown
Evra
Carrick
Scholes
Hargreaves
Tevez
Ronaldo
Rooney
Park
Giggs
Kuzchack
Nani
Pique
O'shea
Anderson

that's it... the squad that will bring the champions league trophy to old trafford. the first 11 that i wrote will be my starting 11...

i will choose the formation of 4 5 1. with ronaldo playing the lone stiker, while hargreaves is playing the right midfield and rooney on the left with tevez supporting ronaldo and scholes/carrick patroling the midfield... i thinks this line up is capable of defending well!

with ronaldo rooney, tevez and hargreaves that can rotate position time by time, it would be difficult for chelsea to defend that kind of attack... i expect one nil lead for united after half time... after 60 minutes i'll make a change, with giggs replacing tevez, which means hargreaves will be move in his favoured position of holding midfield and makes a three man midfield which now attempts to holds chelsea... if were in a comfortable position by the time reaches the 80th minute, i'll make a subtitute, comes park for scholes then nani for ronaldo... i expect 3-1 win for united...

scorers

Man U
Ronaldo 30 min
Scholes 72 min
Rooney 88 min

chelsea
Lampard 65 min

nice one! GO UNITED!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts