Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The papers are full of quotes that Sir Alex has admitted he will have a selection headache when he submits his team sheet to UEFA and that he will not enjoy the little talks he is going to be holding in the days leading up to the Champions League Final.

Fergie will be able to name 7 substitutes and has said that the first team will pick itself, but that he will have more problems picking the subs.

I'm not going to go into the formation that he should play or whom he should start, but here are the 18 that i think should be on the team sheet on the 21st of May.

Manchester United vs Chelsea
21st May 2008

1. Van der Sar
2. Kuszczak
3. Brown
4. Vidic
5. Ferdinand
6. Evra
7. O'Shea
8. Silvestre
9. Giggs
10. Scholes
11. Carrick
12. Hargreaves
13. Anderson
14. Park
15. Ronaldo
16. Fletcher
17. Rooney
18. Tevez

I think Fergie will op for experience, unless the player doesn't know the meaning of nerves like Anderson. He also likes to reward loyalty, so he might drop Pique in order to include O'Shea and Nani to include Park.

I don;t think the list should be too different from what Fergie will opt for. The glaring omission is Louis Saha, but I think he won;t make the bench of such an important final, not having played any games.

He was on the bench against Wigan, but I think he would rather move Ronaldo up the field and throw on another midfielder.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.