Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Carrick will fill that role he has not been here long and he has started to come to life (apart from the FA Cup Final).

I think give him a bit longer and he will deliver also he is scoring. This said Scholes has a season or 2 left I think.

I would not really look to repalce him as I thinks Carrick is that replacement at the moment.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I wouldnt be too worried. Scholes still has another 2/3 years at the top. We have Carrick who has already started to make his mark. Now we have Hargreaves too in midfield. These 3 English boys should be great together in the same team. So no midfield concerns for us at present. We just need a class winger and striker and bobs your uncle. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Michael Carrick = Paul Scholes
Owen Hargreaves = Roy Keane
Nani? = Ryan Giggs
Cristiano Ronaldo = David Beckham

Nearly there...

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the arrival of Owen, all 3 could start or Carrick will push up replace scholes depending on the opposition.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Owen Hargreaves without question, and Owen will improve more playing along Scholes during matches and training, he will learn things from him, Carrick stated midway through the season that he has learned alot from Scholesy!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
hargreaves grew up as a striker, so the screaming volleys may be left fpr hargo to deal with, im sure hell get a chance and we'll see where it goes. please not row z owen

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anderson is a central attacking midfeilder. He has the strength an the skill. Samir Nasri of Marseille, France can also be a good one. He plays like zidane. Watch in youtube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only one answer to that question..... Nobody.

Dont want to sound like a cliche but he's a one off, irreplacable. But i do think that some of you are right, Our midfield is looking good at the moment so there's no need to tinker any more.
Lets see how Nani and Anderson settle and when Scholesy finally hangs up his boots in a couple of years time, hopefully by that time Carrick and Hargreaves will have made us forget all our worries!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think Anderson was bought to ahem replace Scholes anyway. I mean Anderson has a lethal shot and can supply the killer pass, can beat a man or two and is only what? 19? The truth is you can't replace him but Anderson is a similar player to him.

R

·
0 Posts
scholes is a legend and it will be hard to replace him but i want to suggest signing luka modric to manu, he is very talented ,hard working and pacy midfilder excellent in creating chances for strikers and has good defending skills 20yo and already he is irreplacable in croatian national squad.it would be great sign for future.

·
Registered
265 Posts
1luv1utd said:
I think Anderson was bought to ahem replace Scholes anyway. I mean Anderson has a lethal shot and can supply the killer pass, can beat a man or two and is only what? 19? The truth is you can't replace him but Anderson is a similar player to him.
anderson was distinctly average in the copa games scholes is still the best central midfielder in the country, carrick and hargo are good but are different players to scholesy and are overall not as good:(

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Scholes is one of the best midfielders in the world and there are only a few players that can have the same contribution as him. Maybe Anderson and offcourse Carrick and Hargreaves.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think Anderson in the future. He is an attacking mid feilder with grat skill and strengh although their style of play is very different. he is good enough 4 the squad

1 - 20 of 69 Posts