Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the talk has been about who we should get in the summer but I thought who should we sell in the summer, or who looks likely to leave?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Saha ? BUt he is great when he is fit.... um Brown has signed a new contract ..... maybe kuzczak ? foster will come in ? Pique wants regular football .... lets wait

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sell Saha and get new clinical striker like Villa, Huntelaar or Eto'o

Sell Fletcher because we got too many in centre mid and Possebon can come in and if we do need that many cm's then bring in Veleso or Moutinhio who are all better than Fletcher

·
Registered
78 Posts
Saha shouold not even be allowed to enter the stadium!! he is worse than a joke! he is pure balsa! what a liability, i will celebrate all night if he leaves this summer!

jerrakos said:
All the talk has been about who we should get in the summer
but I thought who should we sell in the summer, or who looks likely to leave?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Sahahahaha should go.
We don't want any more
of the 'Balsawood Man'
falling apart on the touch-
line warming up.

It's getting embarassing
now ! "Oh give him a
chance" they shouted....
3 years ago ! So what
now ... one more chance ...
just a little more time ...
Dear God spare me from
this comedy ... Sell him,
he must be worth £17.50
and a free set of boot laces
to someone ... Keano will
take him ... he collects all
the rubbish from Old Trafford !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
17.50!! i think youre being too kind! id be surprised if anyone wanted to buy him! no more chances hes had enough, hes as mentally strong as a 11 year old boy on his first day at a new school! hes a disgrace to the united shirt

carlyluvsunited said:
Sahahahaha should go.
We don't want any more
of the 'Balsawood Man'
falling apart on the touch-
line warming up.

It's getting embarassing
now ! "Oh give him a
chance" they shouted....
3 years ago ! So what
now ... one more chance ...
just a little more time ...
Dear God spare me from
this comedy ... Sell him,
he must be worth £17.50
and a free set of boot laces
to someone ... Keano will
take him ... he collects all
the rubbish from Old Trafford !!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ignatius said:
We need to sell

Dong
Fletcher
Ji-Sung Park
Saha (If he keeps this up)
Why should Fergie sell Park Ji-Sung? True, he may not be best player in terms of sheer technical ability. Certainly not up there along with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez & Luis Nani. Park's game is centred upon a high work ethic and great determination and it these properties that have driven him to the top of his game.

The Korean international possessed all the attributes that any attacking player needs to succeed at the highest level in the 'beautfiul game'. Park has tonnes of energy and bundles of stamina. He can keep on running tirelessly and going forward with the ball for the whole 90 minutes. As for speed, he is very quick down the wings and has excellent ball control allowing him to go past defenders with relative ease.

Just because a player is perhaps not first team material does not mean he won't have a vital role to play in the team. A fit and eager Park Ji Sung on the bench could well be the difference between three points and one. His energy and enthusiasm could well induce chaos in a lacklustre game; it could act as a spark when whatever else we tried has failed. And let's face it, at the end of the day its moments like these that decide whether a title is won or lost.

As for who should SAF sells, I agree with you. Saha's persistent injury problems pose a few problems for United & Fergie. United need a 3rd striker to rotate with Tevez and Rooney (and no, this doesn't mean using Ronaldo as a support striker, I'm talking about someone who can come off the bench and change games). Saha hasn't done that job for us since early last year, and one feels (regardless of Gill's assurances) that Saha will not do that this season either.

Value for money he is not - for the transfer fee and the wages paid to him (plus the medical bill), he really hasn't delivered much in terms of performances. Sure, he scores whenever he plays but in 3 years he's not played much. He's not going to get any younger - players become more injury-prone as they get older and at this point, relying on Saha to get fit and go on a consistent run for Manchester United next season is a pipe dream. It could happen, yes, but I wouldn't want United's management to shape their plans for next season hinged on this hope.

Ferguson could keep Saha around, which would mean that we keep paying him and get nothing out of it, or he could try to cut his losses, sell Saha and bring in someone else. And therein lies the main problem - which club would be willing to a) pick up the wages of a top-four club striker who is always injured and b) pay us good money for a striker who will be 30 in August 2008 and is…always injured?

It's time for Ferguson to decide now what Manchester United do with Saha. Loyalty to players is a major feature of Manchester United's tradition (Smith is the most recent beneficiary of that) but for Manchester United's sake, Saha cannot be relied upon again.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I don't think anyone will be surprised to see Saha leave in the summer.

Dong was a waste of money and should be sold.

I heard rumours that Kuszczak will go out on loan next season and Foster will be our back up keeper.

We'll see the usual clearout of our reserve team with anyone not good enough being released or sold.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Saha, Dong, Brown.

Giggs to retire.

His drop in permformance from last season to this was so horrible I'd hate to see a legend like that keep playing when he knows he cant compete.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts