Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
It's Van Der Sar for me, great goalkeeper who doesn't make stupid mistakes.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
VDS has to be the most 'consistent' keeper we've had since Schmeichel's departure however the eccentric Barthez was really good when he was not making those stupid mistakes of his.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well thers no better than schmeichle but it has to be van dar sar we shud of got him straight aftaer schmeicle left. THE GREAT DANE RULES

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was a fan of barthezs until he started to make mistakes, twice in a game against deportivo. its got to be vds really,mabey the recent past in tearms of sucess would have been different if we'd have got him much sooner?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Barthez was a great keeper and probably the best until he lost the plot and started flapping like a smackhead without his fix :rolleyes:
Van der sar feels the most dependable keeper since schmeichel so i'd rather have him than anyone else ... I can't ever see fergie spending mega bucks for a keeper, so hopefully ben foster recovers well from his injury and lives up the promise of the last two seasons ready to take over from VDS

·
Registered
128 Posts
Easy, Edwin Van Der Sar. We have had good goalkeepers but never of the same calibre as Edwin Van Der Sar, he is a world-class keeper and very solid (apart from the odd mistake) which everyone makes anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think that if his head had'nt been used as a ball then Gary Walsh could have become a great home grown keeper. Are we all forgetting Taibi as consistancy is paramount with a goalie and thats the one thing he had. No seriously it has to be Van der sar for me and i totally agree with missing out on him earlier.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Now I think there were worse than Carroll, like Taibi, sticks out in my mind so easily and Ricardo. Ok he hasn't played many games but common if you can't get ahead of a team that has Howard and Carroll and a Dodgy Barthez then you must really suck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Definitely VDS for consistency and confidence, you never worry when you see him between the sticks. Carroll was alright, Howard was quite good and was unlucky to fall foul of SAF, Barthez was as good as he was unpredictable. Bosnich was a fat mess and Van der Gouw was only ever replacement standard.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts