Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can only agree on that , Bosnich was a shite fat coke sniffing mess, Barthez was an unpredictable jester and i was never dependant on 'fffffffff****in Howard'. It would be nice by next season to hopefully put Foster up for this.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Best: Fabien Barthez, Tim Howard, Edwin Van der Sar.
Worst: Massimo Taibi, Raimond Van Der Gouw.
Never had a chance to play for United: Ricardo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well of course schemichel the best but after him of course van der sar....and i think that thomas kuzchack and ben foster are good youngster ..they could be superb in couple of seasons..their performance were superb last season

·
Registered
103 Posts
Van Der Sar for me !!! Looking forward to seeing Ben Foster get a good run in the team though when he comes back from injury !!

G

·
My personal list:

1...VDS (I would even dare say that at times he was even better than th great dane)

2...Carrol (Helped in a time of goalkeeping need and only the milan game sticks out as a bad mistake)

3...Bathez (Not as abd as people make hima, he also had a record of only conceading 2 in four matches in 00/01)

4...Howard (Begin good but my heart used to hurt me whenever I used to see him between the sticks)

5...Raimond Van Der Gouw (Best ever second goalie)

6...Bosnich (Not much memory of him, but simply a junkie)

7...Taibi (Had a good game against Liverpool, but things started going laughingly bad from than)

8...Ricardo (Pure s*it if you can't start a game in 3 years of goalkeeping hell)

·
Banned
142 Posts
In my view, there's no doubt that Van Der Sar has been the best goalkeeper that we've had since Schmeichel left...overall, Edwin is a steady goalkeeper and he rarely makes daft mistakes...

You say that Barthez was not as bad as people make out...personally when i think about Barthez's time at Old Trafford, i think about the mistakes that he made!

I remember one particular game at Highbury were Barthez had an absolute nightmare...he managed to kick the ball to Henry TWICE by mistake...resulting in two handy goals for Henry and a 3-1 defeat to Arsenal (i think).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you know that on aug 22 1999, Nick Culkin played against Arsenal away for a record 12 seconds before the ref blew for full time and he never played again.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
david fox said:
Did you know that on aug 22 1999, Nick Culkin played against Arsenal away for a record 12 seconds before the ref blew for full time and he never played again.
lol, still longer than i'll ever get to play for United :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Was Van der gouw that bad? For a back-up to the great dane i think he did alright. And when he got a run in the side he didn't F-up that much.

Bosnich was okay until he went running to a team that doesn't mind if you're wacked out up to your eyeballs.

Howard was awesome first year, carroll should've never called himself a United player, barthez is dead to me after the Areshole game, and taibi/ricardo will at least have something to tell the grandchildren.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I wish we'd signed Van der Sar a couple of years earlier - he's been great for us. I'm hoping Ben Foster will be our next number 1 but we'll have to see how he comes back from his injury.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Yeah someone said Howard, let me tell you why he's not a good player...

Hes schizophrenic.

Kind of hard to be a keeper when both your personalities are diving both ways...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Justice said:
Yeah someone said Howard, let me tell you why he's not a good player...

Hes schizophrenic.

Kind of hard to be a keeper when both your personalities are diving both ways...
No, he's not. He has Tourette's syndrome.

Besides, there is a difference between people with schizophrenia and split personality syndrome.

Schizophrenics find it impossible to concentrate because they are ALWAYS thinking about something and tend to think about the same thing over and over again, which also means many of them suffer from insomnia, which in turn can lead to hallucinations, violent mood swings etc

21 - 40 of 47 Posts