Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first names on the teamsheet are scholes, rooney, ronaldo, vds, vidic, ferdinand, evra, if they are all fit. the other four spots are still up for grabs. who will make the cut? who deserves to make the cut? is there time for sentiments?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Park ...

If I said that last year I would have
admitted myself to the lunatic asylum :eek:

Against Barca on Tuesday he covered
12km and he never once gave up his
chase for the ball !!!

Mr C Ronaldo please take note ... ;)

Effort and determination of this magni-
tude can move mountains !!

We only have to move Chelsea ... :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Giggsy will be used as sub..and come on as well. Fegie wants him to tie the Bobby Charlton record. Thats all I can think of...its a couple of weeks left so there's lot of time to get in the zone or out of it. First they need to focus on defending the league title. 2 games and a lot can happen when it comes to injuries.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Park, for his incredible contribution for nearly everytime he has played.

Carlos Tevez, for his incredible work rate and contribution to the team.

And Anderson- simply because he is our midfield magician :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
Park, for his incredible contribution for nearly everytime he has played.

Carlos Tevez, for his incredible work rate and contribution to the team.

And Anderson- simply because he is our midfield magician :)
I agree that it would be great to see this, but we won't. tink about it scholes is a definite, if ur saying that Anderson, Tevez, Park start obviously the 2 others are Rooney and Ronaldo.

Then we are playing just Scholes and Anderson in centre midfield which definitely won't happen. So one is going to have to be dropped for Carrick or Hargreaves and I would reluctanly say Park but I tink Tevez will be sacrifised.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Giggs start but on current form I don't tink he should.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If every1 is fit as we hop they will I'd like to see this..

---------VDS
Brown Vidic Rio Evra
Hargreaves Scholes Anderson
Tevez Rooney Ronaldo

You may say Park deserves a place, maybe he does due to the mountain of work he went through on tues, however he gave the ball away more than once in very dangerous positions, I'd like to see Hargreaves on the wing ahead of Park, he wont give the ball away, he's good at getting forward and his delivery is very good!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I think Tevez, Anderson, Giggs and Nani will all be on the bench. We'll probably start with a 4-5-1 formation and the starting XI will be...

VDS
Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Ronaldo-Hargreaves-Carrick-Scholes-Park
Rooney

I think Carrick will play the deepest of the 3 central midfield players, Ronaldo will try to join Rooney up front and exchange positions with him throughout the game. When Ronaldo joins Rooney up front Hargreaves can play further to the right.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
my team would be

Van der sar
Hargreaves Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Giggs
Tevez Rooney

subs: Foster, Anderson, Nani, Brown, Silvestre, Park, Fletcher

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I know i said this yesterday guessing no-one listened

But i dont think he should play Giggs he can still get the record breaking cap as a sub and play Ronaldo and Park on the wings which enables him to therefore play Roo and Tevez.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vds
brown ferdinand vidic evra
park scholes anderson carrick ronaldo
rooney

subs: PIG, hargreaves, oshea, anderson, nani, giggs, tevez

fletcher, pique, saha, silvestre, neville to miss out

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Anyone who thinks Carrick won't start are crazy.

imo, he has been our best central-midfielder this season and will definitely start next to Scholes.

The thing is that Brown was immense, Park was incredible (and under-rated as I have continually said), and Nani and Hargreaves were decent but I think 3 of those 4 will miss out.

I say 3 of 4, because when Vidic comes back, Brown or Hargreaves will play at right back. I think Nani and Park will miss out, but I think Park deserves his chance in the final, although he may be bullied with Chelseas physical play.

I would like to see Brown and Ferdinand play at CB, because they were fantastic last night, but if Vidic is fit, theres no better pairing then Ferdinand and Vidic.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id love to see a 4-4-2 but a 4-5-1 is probably more realistic to start with,
though players like Tevez and Hargo deserve the nod to start.

Vds
Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Ronaldo-Scholes-Hargo-Giggs/Park
Rooney-Tevez

Thats what Id like to see...

but I think Carrick will start in the middle and Tevez on the bench.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I think we have to start with Tevez on the bench simply to give Fergie options during the game. If we start with our top 3 goal scorers on the pitch and find ourselves needing a goal in the 2nd half then how do we change things?

Bring on Nani who has 4 goals this season?
Bring on Giggs who has 2?
Perhaps Anderson who has 0?!

Bring on Saha and ask him to hop around on his one good leg? :D

Options are so important in football. How many times was Sven criticised for not having a plan B when he was England manager?

Plan A - 4-5-1
Plan B - 4-4-2

It's worked well for us in Europe this season - particularly away in Lyon.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
My line-up, with everybody fit would be as follows.

----------------------------------Van Der Sar----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Brown--------------Ferdinand (C) --------------Vidic-----------------Evra---
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Ronaldo------------Scholes---------------Carrick----------------Park---
------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Tevez---------------------------------

Bench ---Kusczazk---O'Shea---Hargreaves---Fletcher---Nani---Anderson---Giggs---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope we play 4-4-2

Who cares what Chelsea play, attempting to counter them. Lets set our stall out
and give them something to worry about. We need to set the tempo and Scholes
and Carrick will be absolute key to the midfield battle.

Chelsea will surely play 4-3-3 and if we have them on the counter attack with
Rooney, Ronaldo, Park and Tevez all awaiting Scholes and Carrocks passes, then
we've got something special to look forward to.

Fergie may play 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, but I don't think we simply play well like that.

Lets hope he shows Europe what this team really can do and embarrass Chelsea
in Moscow.

Also, a huge telling factor will be Chelsea's experience.

Fair enough they've reached the final and well done to them but now they face
their toughest test and I see them loosing not only the actual final but mentally
being beaten beforehand.

The only thing I'm so annoyed about and absolutely raging about is the fact that
the team has got us to a position where we have to go through all that again! :eek:

Should be a memorable night!

·
Registered
854 Posts
There is no way Giggs should start. I can't believe so many people would start him. The only reason he would start him is sentimental reasons. Park is a much better option as is Nani.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts