Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to see people's opinions on this.

is it:

AC Milan:

League titles: 17

Coppa Italia: 5

Champions League: 7

Super Coppa Italia: 5

UEFA Cup winners Cup: 2

UEFA Super Cup: 5

Intercontinental/World Club Cup: 4

Juventus:

League titles: 29

Coppa Italia: 9

Champions League: 2

Super Coppa Italia: 4

UEFA Cup: 3

UEFA Cup winners cup: 1

UEFA Super Cup: 2

Intertoto Cup: 1

Intercontinental/World Club Cup: 2

Inter Milan:

League titles: 16

Coppa Italia: 5

UEFA Cup: 4

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
juve for me . admired the players loyalty after relegation hugely as well - they loved the club so stayed albeit well paid to get them back up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Juventus:

League titles: 29 please they ARE 29

Coppa Italia: 9

UEFA Cup: 3

UEFA Cup winners cup: 1

UEFA Super Cup: 2

Intertoto Cup: 1

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
When I first started following football van Basten and Gullit were at AC Milan and that has been the benchmark for me.

No disrepect to the other two clubs. Of course Platini and Zidane played for Juve, but to me AC Milan seem to have the biggest following world-wide amongst the italian clubs.

Inter always seem like a joke, because of Moratti and Pavel Nedved's haircut prohibit me from taking Juve seriously :)

Z

·
0 Posts
If Juve is the biggest club in Italy it doesn't say much for the rest of Serie A. They average around 22,000 fans at home matches. Even Championship teams bring in more fans than that.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
If Juve is the biggest club in Italy it doesn't say much for the rest of Serie A. They average around 22,000 fans at home matches. Even Championship teams bring in more fans than that.
Italy is currently being Cappy'd harder than just about every country by the financial crisis. That and they're temporary ground doesn't really hold that many people.

Z

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
Italy is currently being Cappy'd harder than just about every country by the financial crisis. That and they're temporary ground doesn't really hold that many people.
They're still more than 5,000 fans short of filling their tiny stadium.

Credit crunch or not, we still fill Old Trafford every week.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:

We aren't fresh off of a relegation scare. Manchester is a bigger city than Turin as well.

Not to mention, United is a much bigger brand than Juve, as English football is en vogue at the moment, I doubt you'd find anyone flying from the USA or Asia to go watch a Serie A match.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
-zuco- said:

And OT is filled with those disgusting glory hunting daytrippers we hate so badly here at this forum.:rolleyes:

Z

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
We aren't fresh off of a relegation scare. Manchester is a bigger city than Turin as well.

Not to mention, United is a much bigger brand than Juve, as English football is en vogue at the moment, I doubt you'd find anyone flying from the USA or Asia to go watch a Serie A match.
So what you're saying is that Juve's glory hunting fans disappeared when they got relegated and are now Inter/AC milan fans....I get it now ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
So what you're saying is that Juve's glory hunting fans disappeared when they got relegated and are now Inter/AC milan fans....I get it now ;)
Italy as a nation is crippled financially, and some people can't be arsed to go to games. Italian football (aside from the Azzuri) is on the decline, attendances are down everywhere, the San Siro is never full (unless they're playing Man United), because most tourists would rather watch United,Chelsea,Madrid,Barca,Liverpool and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Do the both of you know which European league has the highest stadium attendances AND rakes in the most money from sponsorship deals?

I see you both tried hard, but both didn't get it right.

It's the Bundesliga!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
-zuco- said:
I read somwhere that Juve have never had that many fans.

Still, they may have won 5 less CL's, but 12 more Leagues and 4 more Coppa Italias surely makes up for it?

Though the Milan team with Van Basten, Rijkaard, Gullet, Baresi, Maldini ect was the greatest side I've ever seen.

Z

·
0 Posts
TheManc said:
oops, my mistake. I copied it from Wiki:rolleyes:

I've edited it now.
They had two titles taken off them for being cheating scumbags, another edit is in order because that Juve fan seems to think the rules of the game don't apply to the old lady ;)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts