Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just who will be the biggest threat to United this season ?

Arsenal looked to be running away with it early on....

But chelsea have been grinding the results out consitently.....

But both have ANC players missing now.....

So what's going to happen ?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
First-team players missing during ACON for rspective clubs:

Arsenal: Kolo Toure & Emmanuel Eboue
Chelsea: Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou, John Obi Mikel & Michael Essien

Chelsea are behind both Arsenal & Manchester United by 4 points currently. Arsenal are missing 2 first-team players while Chelsea are missing 4.
Last season @ this point of time, Chelsea are more than 4 points behind us. So I reckon if that United won the title, Chelsea will be behind us less than 6 points by the end of this season. Yeah, I noe that Arsenal are currently 2nd, & the table doesn't lie. But one thing to note tho, Chelsea haven't lost @ Stamford Bridge for the past 3-4 seasons. That's actually quite a remarkable feat,given the fact they they are unbeaten for over a total of 80 consecutive games @ home. And i really hate that fact! :mad: So,i reckon that Chelsea will be our main tittle challengers come May. ;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
At the moment, i'd say Arsenal&Chelsea. We're only ahead on goal differance, so it only takes a mistake for the other to capitalise

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i think chelsea will be pushing us, i believe arsenal will drop off
a champion needs to be great defensively, i just dun think they can cope with all the premiership team.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Arsenal have surprised me this season and I'm still not convinced they have what it takes to push us all the way.

It'll be interesting to see how many points Chelsea drop during the ACON but with United, Arsenal and Liverpool all still to go to Stamford Bridge they are going to have a significant impact on the title race.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Tbh i still think Chelsea is still our biggest threat. I will never brush them away. More after seeing Ballack & Shev both currently are at the verge of returning to their old self. Avram Grant might not be like Mourinho but he is like a silent killer. He knows what he is doing & does it without needing soo much publisity & attention.

Arsenal on the other hand, yes looks like our biggest rival but there is nothing new about them. Week in week out, we see the same Arsenal doing the same thing, no variety in their game which make it easier for opponent team to read their movement. Now that we are the top, we will see if they will lose it mentally.

Whatever it is, it will be one hell of an interesting race with only one winner, Manchester United.:D

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
babysenorita said:
Tbh i still think Chelsea is still our biggest threat. I will never brush them away. More after seeing Ballack & Shev both currently are at the verge of returning to their old self. Avram Grant might not be like Mourinho but he is like a silent killer. He knows what he is doing & does it without needing soo much publisity & attention.

Arsenal on the other hand, yes looks like our biggest rival but there is nothing new about them. Week in week out, we see the same Arsenal doing the same thing, no variety in their game which make it easier for opponent team to read their movement. Now that we are the top, we will see if they will lose it mentally.

Whatever it is, it will be one hell of an interesting race with only one winner, Manchester United.:D
hi babysenorita - wellcome to the best board where you can say your opinion without being banned by some cocky mod like on talkingreds ! ;)
i remember you - you were a good poster

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
LOL thanks but i think you are being a bit harsh there my friend lol..cocky or not, they wont banned people if they are not in the wrong. I for once enjoyed my stay there without any regrets untill recently. Anyway thanks for the welcome, im sure i will enjoy my stay. Lets not ruin the thread shall we ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
All along Ive said it would be Chelsea and Arsenal and only 4 points seperates the teams at this point in the season.
It will be a hard fought 3 horse race until the end of the season. I can see both teams hanging on to our coat tails till the end of the season.
I think Anelka is a very important signing for them and they are still winning games without so many players.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Q8MANU said:
I bet on chelsea more than arsenal
no way....they are a solid team but their manager has never experienced a title fight. he won't make a few big decisions right. Wenger on the other hand knows what is required to be a champion. And managers will have a big role in this one....

·
Registered
293 Posts
arsenal don't have depth. say they start to get injury hit, they won't be able to cover themselves. while chelsea on the other hand have a billionare, they have more then enough depth so imo chelsea

·
Registered
82 Posts
Still Arsenal and Chelsea.
Even they lost a lot of player in African Cup and Injured, still they had a technik in sub player and collectivity in playing

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
asaf cohen said:
arsenal don't have depth. say they start to get injury hit, they won't be able to cover themselves. while chelsea on the other hand have a billionare, they have more then enough depth so imo chelsea
how come arsenal don't have depth - they have 2 strikers more than us, they have a great competition in midfield with cesc,flamini,denilson,gilberto,hleb,rosicky,diaby...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts