Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mate asked me this question the other day, and i was baffled, but there must be someone i dislike/inefficient in the squad:

i would have to say Mikael Silvestre, i'm totally fine with him, but if i have to come up with an answer, it's him. No long explanation needed. :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Hi Rowland, interesting question.

I'm not sure I dislike any player to be honest or questuion there ability.

I think the Portsmouth defeat proved that this current team is not as good as everybody thought.

I would like to see a bit more work from Ronaldo in matches, especially tracking back more in Europe where closing down and winning back possession is essential as teams in Europe will punish you if they have the ball.

I think the Portsmouth defeat however will have a positive effect on our season as the players will be desperate to score goals, exact revenge and destroy teams!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Hi Rowland, interesting question.

I'm not sure I dislike any player to be honest or questuion there ability.

I think the Portsmouth defeat proved that this current team is not as good as everybody thought.

I would like to see a bit more work from Ronaldo in matches, especially tracking back more in Europe where closing down and winning back possession is essential as teams in Europe will punish you if they have the ball.

I think the Portsmouth defeat however will have a positive effect on our season as the players will be desperate to score goals, exact revenge and destroy teams!!!!
is there anything more to say? no. great comment.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
lol thats why i dont write news room articles

my english is truly awful

:rolleyes:
I'll teach you ... ;)

I don't dislike any United member of staff ...

But if I had to name one player I have a problem with it would be Louis Saha.

I've lost my patience waiting for fitness to come for him.

Not his fault I know but just how long do you wait and wait for someone who is
never going to be fully fit for any length of time.

Mr Ronaldo is beginning to bug me too - despite the goals.

Prima Donna, showboater etc etc - but when the going gets tough or things don't
work out for him - he tends to disappear.

Having said this - it is a very tight line that geniuses must walk, (I know I find it
hard
) so maybe I expect too much from him and give him a hard
time ... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
None. Don't waste time hating one of your own.

If you boo any player in the shirt of MUFC then you are a disgrace.

Z

·
0 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
lol thats why i dont write news room articles
my english is truly awful

:rolleyes:
Excuses excuses :rolleyes:

Dong and Saha are two players we should get rid of in the summer.

Only problem is who would be silly enough to buy them? :confused:

·
Registered
854 Posts
there's always one player i dislike. it was alan smith but now it's hargreeves. you hear the same shit about them giving 100% but there is just no quality. everyone gives 100% but i don't recall hating a player a smuch as hargreeves.

i hated him before he came here and prayed that we wouldn't sign him. and the transfer fee was ridiculous. however, i love the rest of the players at the moment.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
None. Don't waste time hating one of your own.

If you boo any player in the shirt of MUFC then you are a disgrace.
That's not what he's saying mate. Read the thread post.

He means which player do you think is not contributing to the team, who is not good enough technically etc.

Of course fans can discuss such things and give constructive criticsm.

And, of course I anyway, would never boo a member of my own team, whether sunday league or United.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
there's always one player i dislike. it was alan smith but now it's hargreeves. you hear the same shit about them giving 100% but there is just no quality. everyone gives 100% but i don't recall hating a player a smuch as hargreeves.

i hated him before he came here and prayed that we wouldn't sign him. and the transfer fee was ridiculous. however, i love the rest of the players at the moment.
Hargreaves is quality, and adds to the midfield when it's needed. Qaulity player, great transfer.

Dong won't leave in the summer. He's here to sell shirts. Fergie knows it, but it's Gill the tit who has the last say.

Z

·
0 Posts
Hargreaves is class, he breaks up all the attacks with little fuss.

People tell me Mascherano is crap as well but these are the
guys who only see the game on MOTD so they don't see the
hard work that they put in every game. I bet Hargreaves
covers more grass than anybody else in 90 minutes. Defensive
midfielders are always under rated.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
Hargreaves is quality, and adds to the midfield when it's needed. Qaulity player, great transfer.

Dong won't leave in the summer. He's here to sell shirts. Fergie knows it, but it's Gill the tit who has the last say.
He will never create in the way Scholes did. Playing Hargreaves means we will need to play a creative player alonside him.

He is a work-horse and has got himself to where he is now, not out of natural ability, but sheer hard-work.

I am inclined to agree with Scott but I will give him the benefit of the doubt obviously.

But, I ask you this Stephen, Is Hargreaves or will he ever reach the levels of Scholes or Keane in their prime. Simple Answer: Not a chance.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
-zuco- said:
Hargreaves is class, he breaks up all the attacks with little fuss.

People tell me Mascherano is crap as well but these are the
guys who only see the game on MOTD so they don't see the
hard work that they put in every game. I bet Hargreaves
covers more grass than anybody else in 90 minutes. Defensive
midfielders are always under rated.
Exactly.

Michael Carrick has been one of the best performers for United over the past few weeks. But who notices?

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
He will never create in the way Scholes did. Playing Hargreaves means we will need to play a creative player alonside him.

He is a work-horse and has got himself to where he is now, not out of natural ability, but sheer hard-work.

I am inclined to agree with Scott but I will give him the benefit of the doubt obviously.

But, I ask you this Stephen, Is Hargreaves or will he ever reach the levels of Scholes or Keane in their prime. Simple Answer: Not a chance.
With Scholes and Hargreaves you're comparing two players who play
in different positions so there is obviously no comparison.
Hargreaves is very much in the Keane mould and is still in his first
season at United where he has struggled with injuries, give him a chance.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:

Not a chance in hell mate, as Scholesy and Keano were/are two magnificent players who will NEVER be replaced at United. Same with Giggs.

We'll adapt though. We always have done. Hargreaves will clean up, allowing the other player to push more and more forward.

And this creative player?

He wears number 8.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would probably have to say Dong although I do not dislike him at all, just since the Cov entry game I cannot see why he is even in our squad.

I never used to be Kieran Richardson's biggest fan. And then there was the era of

·
Registered
854 Posts
ye zico people like you annoy me. just cause you say a holding midfielder is poor you come out with- you don't notice the work he does. thats being ignorant towards me. i don notice the work he does and it is not enough. if you look at a game properly anyone with a bit of sence can see hargreeves is poor. yes he was brought as a defensive midfielder but he does nothing. btw, i think macherano is extremely underated and is a lot better at what he does than hargreeves.

name one good game he has played add the fact we win a hell of a lot more games when he is not in the team.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.