Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
9,955 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
there's always one player i dislike. it was alan smith but now it's hargreeves. you hear the same shit about them giving 100% but there is just no quality. everyone gives 100% but i don't recall hating a player a smuch as hargreeves.

i hated him before he came here and prayed that we wouldn't sign him. and the transfer fee was ridiculous. however, i love the rest of the players at the moment.
Hargreaves is quality, and adds to the midfield when it's needed. Qaulity player, great transfer.

Dong won't leave in the summer. He's here to sell shirts. Fergie knows it, but it's Gill the tit who has the last say.

· Banned
9,955 Posts
-zuco- said:
Hargreaves is class, he breaks up all the attacks with little fuss.

People tell me Mascherano is crap as well but these are the
guys who only see the game on MOTD so they don't see the
hard work that they put in every game. I bet Hargreaves
covers more grass than anybody else in 90 minutes. Defensive
midfielders are always under rated.
Exactly.

Michael Carrick has been one of the best performers for United over the past few weeks. But who notices?

· Banned
9,955 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
He will never create in the way Scholes did. Playing Hargreaves means we will need to play a creative player alonside him.

He is a work-horse and has got himself to where he is now, not out of natural ability, but sheer hard-work.

I am inclined to agree with Scott but I will give him the benefit of the doubt obviously.

But, I ask you this Stephen, Is Hargreaves or will he ever reach the levels of Scholes or Keane in their prime. Simple Answer: Not a chance.
Not a chance in hell mate, as Scholesy and Keano were/are two magnificent players who will NEVER be replaced at United. Same with Giggs.

We'll adapt though. We always have done. Hargreaves will clean up, allowing the other player to push more and more forward.

And this creative player?

He wears number 8.

· Banned
9,955 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
ye zico people like you annoy me. just cause you say a holding midfielder is poor you come out with- you don't notice the work he does. thats being ignorant towards me. i don notice the work he does and it is not enough. if you look at a game properly anyone with a bit of sence can see hargreeves is poor. yes he was brought as a defensive midfielder but he does nothing. btw, i think macherano is extremely underated and is a lot better at what he does than hargreeves.

name one good game he has played add the fact we win a hell of a lot more games when he is not in the team.
I know what you are saying, but he isn't poor.

Does a lot of work and not being a regular after a long injury will affect your confidence.

Would play Carrick any day over him though.

· Banned
9,955 Posts
Like Hargreaves, he isn't a player which can take the ball around 50 men and smack it into the top corner. He drops back, puts his foot on the ball and either plays a defence splitting pass, and a short one to keep posession.

· Banned
9,955 Posts
eoininho said:
if a player isn't pulling their weight and being selfish then of course we have the right to criticise him!! no point being blinded by supporting your team, i hate any fan who is blinded of s%*t performances due to the fact they follow a team... Liverpool fans seem to be major culprits of this!!

I used to hate rio, until he proved he was one of the best in the world on a regular occassion!

I'm still not convinced 100% with Nani but I'm hoping he'll continue his recent form and stops wasting posession and being selfish!

Never liked Sylvestre

I think Browns contract business is a disgrace

Carrick isn't in my opinion good enough for the club on a regular enough basis

I love Saha but the injuries are a joke!
Carrick contributed to us winning the league last season.

And, yes, every player deserves to criticised. But if ANYONE boos a player when they are on the field wearing the shirt of MUFC, then they are a disgrace.

NFT.

· Banned
9,955 Posts
Justice said:
Giggs.
Doesn't perform in big or small games anymore where I feel Nani could. Fergie needs to be more critical of the experienced players.

Scholes still has it, Giggs is losing it.
You can't hate (or dislike or whatever word you want to call it) Ryan Giggs. Legend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.