Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
I would probably have to say Dong although I do not dislike him at all, just since the Coventry game I cannot see why he is even in our squad.

I never used to be Kieran Richardson's biggest fan. And then there was the era of Kleberson, Bellion, Djemba twins etc :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
ye zico people like you annoy me. just cause you say a holding midfielder is poor you come out with- you don't notice the work he does. thats being ignorant towards me. i don notice the work he does and it is not enough. if you look at a game properly anyone with a bit of sence can see hargreeves is poor. yes he was brought as a defensive midfielder but he does nothing. btw, i think macherano is extremely underated and is a lot better at what he does than hargreeves.

name one good game he has played add the fact we win a hell of a lot more games when he is not in the team.
I know what you are saying, but he isn't poor.

Does a lot of work and not being a regular after a long injury will affect your confidence.

Would play Carrick any day over him though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
I know what you are saying, but he isn't poor.

Does a lot of work and not being a regular after a long injury will affect your confidence.

Would play Carrick any day over him though.
Another player who is great when is confidence is high and when he has good players around him.

However, how many times have we seen him go missing in games or have no effect on games.

It's unbelievable.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
Like Hargreaves, he isn't a player which can take the ball around 50 men and smack it into the top corner. He drops back, puts his foot on the ball and either plays a defence splitting pass, and a short one to keep posession.
 
G

·
scott 4 evra said:
ye zico people like you annoy me. just cause you say a holding midfielder is poor you come out with- you don't notice the work he does. thats being ignorant towards me. i don notice the work he does and it is not enough. if you look at a game properly anyone with a bit of sence can see hargreeves is poor. yes he was brought as a defensive midfielder but he does nothing. btw, i think macherano is extremely underated and is a lot better at what he does than hargreeves.

name one good game he has played add the fact we win a hell of a lot more games when he is not in the team.
Firstly my name is zuco not zico ;)

Secondly, I'm not being ignorant towards you I'm simply stating my opinion.
Hargreaves made his debut in the City game at Eastlands this season and
put in a man of the match performance, to do that on your debut means you
have something special.

He was England's best player at the World Cup, he's been a mainstay in a
Bayern Munich midfield that included players of Michael Ballack's quality for many years and he has a Champions League medal in his trophy cabinet. What
more must a player do to be rated highly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
I dont dislike ANY United player.
Have to say I agree with Zuco's points on Hargo.
And Carly I agree with what you said about Ronnie but NOT what you
keep saying about Saha Grrrrrrr.
And Stephen-yes Carrick is quality. We have lots of quality midfielders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
why would i hate any of the united players?Maybe Saha because of his injury prone disease?I never hate none of them at any time because i kno there are there to win games,have fun and bring glory to the United name.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
Now the word used in the title thread is "dislike", not the stronger "hate". I don't hate any player, now or before, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with disliking a certain player, even if he plays for us and we do sincerely wish him well to excel for us. Afterall, we didn't make the choice of buying him and it is just that we may honestly not fancy him or his style of play. So why bluff ourselves? Come on, let's start calling a spade a spade......

Ok, ok, let's also be sensitive and keep it to ourselves then if others are not comfortable. I used to dislike XXXXX XXXX (for his poor ball control and his constant giving away of the ball) etc and now XXXXX XXXXXXX (can't believe he is an international and yet so jittery) and XXXXX XXXX (when we needed him, he is not around yet again, what's new). Better?;)

About Hargreaves (again)...:(

Hargreaves is like Makelele once was to Real Madrid. He made no head turned because he does not glide like Zidane or keep banging in goals like Raul. Nobody gave a damn, nobody cared and nobody appreciated until..... he left them and coincidentally or not, Real Madrid lost their stranglehold on the league. Then in the post-mortem, suddenly there were loud murmurings about the unseen works of Makelele in breaking up attacks and winning the ball, of how they should not have let him go etc!!

Must an artist really not be around any more before his art is recognised?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
-zuco- said:
Excuses excuses :rolleyes:

Dong and Saha are two players we should get rid of in the summer.

Only problem is who would be silly enough to buy them? :confused:
Nucastle comes to mind.

I can't say i actually dislike any player. They play for us and should be given our support.
Although i can say, i've never been a big fan of Wes Brown or Fetcher. But that doesn't mean i hate them and don't appreciate how hard they work for us.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Nani has been showboating like hell, and his passing against pompey was atrocious, over 10 corners with nothing....
open your eyes and look beyond one match - his corners and passes got us more assists than giggsy's. oh and he's got more goals to his name too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
I've been supporting Manchester United for 15 years now, since I was 14 (that's how young I am) and I can say that there are not many duds in the first team at the moment.

However, if I had to nominate players that I think are not doing enough to justify their salary, I would say:

Dong Fangzhuo
Mikel Silvestre
Louis Saha

Also, using this criteria of judgment, I would also put Rooney and Ronaldo on the list, because of their form. Having said that, they are world-class players and I wouldn't want them to ever leave.

Next up, there are some players that I think have peaked and just don't deserve a place in the squad and are in fact hindering the progress of younger players down the line:
Darren Fletcher and Wes Brown need to go.

Some of the players I really used to loathe:
Jordi Cruyff, Teddy Sheringham, Fabian Barthez, Massimo Tailbi, Mark Bosnich, Diego Forlan, Phil Neville, Kieran Richardson, Luke Chadwick, Jonathan Greening, Jesper Blomqvist (how did he ever merit a place in a Champions League final????)

So, if look at that last list, I think Ji-Sung Park is a pretty decent player.
Also Jaap Stam is my favourite defender of all time with Vidic a close second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Ronaldo all day, every day.

Poser to the core, it's no wonder every other team in the EPL want to kick the bejasus out of him. Especially annoying when he sits on the floor sulking after failing to 'win' a free kick.

Yes I know without him we'd be struggling and I know I'll probably get battered for this post but hey, you asked.

There's no substitute for class and he aint got it.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I've been supporting Manchester United for 15 years now, since I was 14 (that's how young I am) and I can say that there are not many duds in the first team at the moment.

However, if I had to nominate players that I think are not doing enough to justify their salary, I would say:

Dong Fangzhuo
Mikel Silvestre
Louis Saha

Also, using this criteria of judgment, I would also put Rooney and Ronaldo on the list, because of their form. Having said that, they are world-class players and I wouldn't want them to ever leave.

Next up, there are some players that I think have peaked and just don't deserve a place in the squad and are in fact hindering the progress of younger players down the line:
Darren Fletcher and Wes Brown need to go.

Some of the players I really used to loathe:
Jordi Cruyff, Teddy Sheringham, Fabian Barthez, Massimo Tailbi, Mark Bosnich, Diego Forlan, Phil Neville, Kieran Richardson, Luke Chadwick, Jonathan Greening, Jesper Blomqvist (how did he ever merit a place in a Champions League final????)

So, if look at that last list, I think Ji-Sung Park is a pretty decent player.
Also Jaap Stam is my favourite defender of all time with Vidic a close second.
you say you've " been following united " for 15 years , but have you actually been watching us recently...(year or so ) - coz i'm surprised of your arguments against brown and fletcher. i said that i'm not a big fan of brown, but to say that they are "hindering a proces of youger players" is ridiculous. flatcher 's been great lately in what he does ( DMF, and you should read mascherano's statement about DMF's ), and considering brown - do you think fergie would play him if we had someone younger and better
 
21 - 40 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top