Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
you say you've " been following united " for 15 years , but have you actually been watching us recently...(year or so ) - coz i'm surprised of your arguments against brown and fletcher. i said that i'm not a big fan of brown, but to say that they are "hindering a proces of youger players" is ridiculous. flatcher 's been great lately in what he does ( DMF, and you should read mascherano's statement about DMF's ), and considering brown - do you think fergie would play him if we had someone younger and better
Hi,

I have been following religiously.
I think I missed a total of three games last season and the only game I did not watch this season was the Carling Cup disaster vs Coventry, so I know what I am saying and would appreciate it, if you use the word "ridiculous' with caution.

Over the past several seasons Fletcher has not done nearly enough merit a place in the squad. This has been debated tirelessly on teamtalk ..... there are some fans with selective memories, but I am not one of them.

Even you have to admit that his form is not consistent, because you state that his form has been great LATELY. That is the exact point. Please tell me what he has done prior to the 7-1 thrashing of Roma and what he has done since.

I have had this debate several times and I think it boils down to how much ambition a fan has for Man Utd and how much sympathy he/she has. For others Fletcher is the best thing since sliced bread, but for me, I would carry him on foot to Sunderland, if Keano were to offer us the same as what he paid for Richardson.
GGMU

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
yangch0000 said:
ronaldo
i dun like people sulking, just jump up and chase the ball down, be like a man. u dun win the ball back by sitting on the ground
i do not hate him, but just being irritated.
lol - but maybe he's more concentrated on SCORING and dragging us to the title and let others do the tackling part. it's the same with fletcher - only vice versa - he does the nasty part - what people need to understand is that different players have different tasks

RedForceRising said:
Hi,

I think I missed a total of three games last season and the only game I did not watch this season was the Carling Cup disaster vs Coventry, so I know what I am saying and would appreciate it, if you use the word "ridiculous' with caution.

Over the past several seasons Fletcher has not done nearly enough merit a place in the squad. This has been debated tirelessly on teamtalk ..... there are some fans with selective memories, but I am not one of them.

Even you have to admit that his form is not consistent, because you state that his form has been great LATELY. That is the exact point. Please tell me what he has done prior to the 7-1 thrashing of Roma and what he has done since.

I have had this debate several times and I think it boils down to how much ambition a fan has for Man Utd and how much sympathy he/she has. For others Fletcher is the best thing since sliced bread, but for me, I would carry him on foot to Sunderland, if Keano were to offer us the same as what he paid for Richardson.
GGMU
sorry for ridiculous part but for example - fletcher 's been great in big games ALWAYS - and the last season he was class whenever called upon. He's been voted as the most improved player on official united site for the last season , just after ronaldo. He doesn't score as often as Scholes or as Keano at their peak but he will sure as hell work his socks off and will do his task WHENEVER called upon. If you look at him as a playmaker or a goalscorer - there's nothing I can do really , coz I see him as a very good cmf ( dmf)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Stephen said:
None. Don't waste time hating one of your own.

If you boo any player in the shirt of MUFC then you are a disgrace.
if a player isn't pulling their weight and being selfish then of course we have the right to criticise him!! no point being blinded by supporting your team, i hate any fan who is blinded of s%*t performances due to the fact they follow a team... Liverpool fans seem to be major culprits of this!!

I used to hate rio, until he proved he was one of the best in the world on a regular occassion!

I'm still not convinced 100% with Nani but I'm hoping he'll continue his recent form and stops wasting posession and being selfish!

Never liked Sylvestre

I think Browns contract business is a disgrace

Carrick isn't in my opinion good enough for the club on a regular enough basis

I love Saha but the injuries are a joke!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
lol - but maybe he's more concentrated on SCORING and dragging us to the title and let others do the tackling part. it's the same with fletcher - only vice versa - he does the nasty part - what people need to understand is that different players have different tasks
i am not ignoring his contribution to the team, but i am not really a fan of his attitude. i have to admit he is a brave lad for taking the responsibilities on his own shoulders and also take the criticism of any kind if he does not perform as well as expected, but his body language on pitch would not do himself or the team any good.

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I've been supporting Manchester United for 15 years now, since I was 14 (that's how young I am) and I can say that there are not many duds in the first team at the moment.

However, if I had to nominate players that I think are not doing enough to justify their salary, I would say:

Dong Fangzhuo
Mikel Silvestre
Louis Saha

Also, using this criteria of judgment, I would also put Rooney and Ronaldo on the list, because of their form. Having said that, they are world-class players and I wouldn't want them to ever leave.

Next up, there are some players that I think have peaked and just don't deserve a place in the squad and are in fact hindering the progress of younger players down the line:
Darren Fletcher and Wes Brown need to go.

Some of the players I really used to loathe:
Jordi Cruyff, Teddy Sheringham, Fabian Barthez, Massimo Tailbi, Mark Bosnich, Diego Forlan, Phil Neville, Kieran Richardson, Luke Chadwick, Jonathan Greening, Jesper Blomqvist (how did he ever merit a place in a Champions League final????)

So, if look at that last list, I think Ji-Sung Park is a pretty decent player.
Also Jaap Stam is my favourite defender of all time with Vidic a close second.
:eek: You are a brave soul indeed to list out so comprehensively. Actually I do share some of your list over time, though not so many in numbers. Lol.

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong to like the team but dislike one or two oddballs.

Looking at the other side of the coin, I remember growing up witnessing the great Liverpool team captained by Alan Hansen, dismantling opposition week in week out on TV. I did admire and was in awe of their play and some of the players like Steve Highway, David Johnson etc but never taken in to like the team despite what I saw. Instead, I still chose to stubbornly stick to United even though they were struggling then to keep up with Liverpool...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Hi,

GGMU

You know that Gif of Nani you have in your sig, did happen to watch it and did you happen to catch how good Fletcher played? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
eoininho said:
if a player isn't pulling their weight and being selfish then of course we have the right to criticise him!! no point being blinded by supporting your team, i hate any fan who is blinded of s%*t performances due to the fact they follow a team... Liverpool fans seem to be major culprits of this!!

I used to hate rio, until he proved he was one of the best in the world on a regular occassion!

I'm still not convinced 100% with Nani but I'm hoping he'll continue his recent form and stops wasting posession and being selfish!

Never liked Sylvestre

I think Browns contract business is a disgrace

Carrick isn't in my opinion good enough for the club on a regular enough basis

I love Saha but the injuries are a joke!
Carrick contributed to us winning the league last season.

And, yes, every player deserves to criticised. But if ANYONE boos a player when they are on the field wearing the shirt of MUFC, then they are a disgrace.

NFT.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Stephen said:
Carrick contributed to us winning the league last season.

And, yes, every player deserves to criticised. But if ANYONE boos a player when they are on the field wearing the shirt of MUFC, then they are a disgrace.

NFT.
I think Carrick is a good enough player... but we're trying to be the best club in the world... would Carrick get into the Milan, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, midfields... ???? I dont think he would.. i do agree he played well last year and was involved in us winning the league, but i dont think hes consistent enough to be a top player, and never an 18m player!

And no you should never boo your own player!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
Why spam?

If you have nothing to add to the discussion then don't post a reply. Seems like we have a tough job grooming you into place ;) :rolleyes:
I don't think he means to Stephen.

ManUtd08 - We would love to hear your opinions instead of just random posts of 3 or 4 words length.

But it's ok if you don't want to - No pressure!!!!

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
eoininho said:
Harsh including teddy on that list!!!!!
Many a fellow fan have tried to convince me that Teddy's equaliser against Bayern erased all his failings, but I don't think that is how you should judge a footballer. I mean is Ole a legend, because of that one single winning goal or because of the numerous ocassions he scored an incredibly vital goal?

In the 98 / 99 season Teddy I witnessed Keane and Scholes work their socks off to get the ball to him only for him to give it away cheaply, put his team mates under pressure and basically botch many a move that could have resulted in a goal.

The only time he could score was with Caprice! : )

Add to that Yorke and Cole were on fire an he just always paled in comparison for me.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Rowland Cheng said:
my mate asked me this question the other day, and i was baffled, but there must be someone i dislike/inefficient in the squad:

i would have to say Mikael Silvestre, i'm totally fine with him, but if i have to come up with an answer, it's him. No long explanation needed. :D
NONE; they all deserve our support.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
NateR said:
You know that Gif of Nani you have in your sig, did happen to watch it and did you happen to catch how good Fletcher played? :rolleyes:

Yes he played well against the arse in the FA cup. So did the whole team. Would anyone like to offer specifics in relation to Fletcher?

Statements like, he's ALWAYS brilliant went called up are firstly vague and secondly untrue.

I can name three maybe four games where I was not utterly irritated by Fletcher's inability to contribute to the flow of a move and/or complete a pass.

The guy is loyal and we need people LIKE him, but just not him. He could be a great asset, but I think he isn;t mentally strong enough and will not have the opportunity to develop it seeing that Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and Scholes are all infront of him. Not to mention Ronnie, Nani and Giggs.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
open your eyes and look beyond one match - his corners and passes got us more assists than giggsy's. oh and he's got more goals to his name too
His passing is poor more often than it should be, his pass completion is really bad for a winger...

And dont compare him to Giggsy, if goals mattered then Scholes and Anderson would be ****ed

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.