Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
not hate but get frustrated by

John O'Shea as we have got rid of players much better than him. He has never lived up to the potential when younger but in terms of what he does do is that he is our utility player who can be stuck on anywhere

Fletcher although I think he could come good if given a good run in the side. Just unfortunate enough to be in a team where he will struggle to hold a first team place

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
NONE; they all deserve our support.
Suspect you could be missing the point, though I can't fault you for being politically correct and yes, diplomatically nice.

Of course, every United player deserves our support and we will and should never boo them but it has nothing to do with our personal assessment or feelings towards him. On the flip side, some of us may actually like or admire Torres and wish he is our outright striker, combining flawlessly with Rooney/Tevez and scoring freely for us... But then again, that does not mean we support him or will scream our voices hoarse for him. Two separate issues.

Think that is what this thread is all about.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
versa said:
Suspect you could be missing the point, though I can't fault you for being politically correct and yes, diplomatically nice.

Of course, every United player deserves our support and we will and should never boo them but it has nothing to do with our personal assessment or feelings towards him. On the flip side, some of us may actually like or admire Torres and wish he is our outright striker, combining flawlessly with Rooney/Tevez and scoring freely for us... But then again, that does not mean we support him or will scream our voices hoarse for him. Two separate issues.

Think that is what this thread is all about.
HOW DARE YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU say I am politically correct, hmmmmph!!! damned cheek!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
For me it was Fletcher but anyone who scores vs Chelsea and 2 goals vs Arsenal I LOVE so yeah I took him off the list lol I had o'shea way before but after that cheeky lob vs Arsenal in the 4-2 win at Highbury and THAT goal vs Livershit which shook da kop lmao I took him off the list of disliked players. At the moment there is no one but Silvestre would be the closest but I like him as he is good for squad depth.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
NoxiousD said:
His passing is poor more often than it should be, his pass completion is really bad for a winger...

And dont compare him to Giggsy, if goals mattered then Scholes and Anderson would be ****ed
don't compare goals, don't compare assists, what should i compare then ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Yes he played well against the arse in the FA cup. So did the whole team. Would anyone like to offer specifics in relation to Fletcher?

Statements like, he's ALWAYS brilliant went called up are firstly vague and secondly untrue.

I can name three maybe four games where I was not utterly irritated by Fletcher's inability to contribute to the flow of a move and/or complete a pass.

The guy is loyal and we need people LIKE him, but just not him. He could be a great asset, but I think he isn;t mentally strong enough and will not have the opportunity to develop it seeing that Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and Scholes are all infront of him. Not to mention Ronnie, Nani and Giggs.
Ok - let me start - every single match against Liverpool, whenever played and no matter how many minutes , he did really good. Against Chelsea in that 1-0 win he was along with Smith MOTM.He was sliding,switching sides, keeping their midfield along with Smith in his back pocket plus scored a goal. Against Arsenal in last years' home defeat he was probably our best player with making some crucial tackles and great crosses, one of which resulted in ronaldo hitting lehman in the face from point blank. Furthermore against Roma at Old Trafford he put Totti in the back pocket and he was always helping Sheasy dealing with Mancini which often resulted in Mancini loosing possesion. against milan at san siro it is fair to say that he was our only players that was trying something when involved . and against Arsenal this season he wiped the floor off with the likes of cesc,gilberto etc... Now that was how i saw it. His contribution to the flow of the game has really improved also. Many times this season I saw him switching sides with great crosses, not to mention that he's worked on his positioning which resulted by being at the right spot at the right time this season. Give him a run of games and you'll see his contribution. He's not a great player, but a very good one indeed.Why do you think I've grown to like him ? Because of his preety face ? I like him because I rate good hard training to improve yourself. I was one of the ones who were against him few years ago - everything changed last season when he proved that he has the class to put some great players in the back pocket but lacks only consistency. And consistency comes with age. Remember that Zidane became THE Zidane at his late 20's . he was a good player before that but then he became officially Europe's best player in 50 years.
As I said - that is how I see it. You will probably not agree, but that doesn't mean that any of us is right

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
yangch0000 said:
i am not ignoring his contribution to the team, but i am not really a fan of his attitude. i have to admit he is a brave lad for taking the responsibilities on his own shoulders and also take the criticism of any kind if he does not perform as well as expected, but his body language on pitch would not do himself or the team any good.
fair enough - i see why you don't like his attitude. i'm not the greatest fan of his personality myself, nor was i becks' for being a pop star... i wouldn't have liked ronnie if he was at any other club

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
Ok - let me start - every single match against Liverpool, whenever played and no matter how many minutes , he did really good. Against Chelsea in that 1-0 win he was along with Smith MOTM.He was sliding,switching sides, keeping their midfield along with Smith in his back pocket plus scored a goal. Against Arsenal in last years' home defeat he was probably our best player with making some crucial tackles and great crosses, one of which resulted in ronaldo hitting lehman in the face from point blank. Furthermore against Roma at Old Trafford he put Totti in the back pocket and he was always helping Sheasy dealing with Mancini which often resulted in Mancini loosing possesion. against milan at san siro it is fair to say that he was our only players that was trying something when involved . and against Arsenal this season he wiped the floor off with the likes of cesc,gilberto etc... Now that was how i saw it. His contribution to the flow of the game has really improved also. ...Give him a run of games and you'll see his contribution. He's not a great player, but a very good one indeed.Why do you think I've grown to like him ? .....
As I said - that is how I see it. You will probably not agree, but that doesn't mean that any of us is right
Hi again,

thanks for taking the time to reply to my "challenge". I counted your examples and here's the summary, the Liverpool matches, 2 Arsenal matches, Chelsea, Roma and you didn't write it, but I'd say he had a great against Lyon. I also vaguely remember a game against Charlton last season where he did really well.

But I mean... we're stretching ourselves to think of matches where he played well. It should be the other way around. We should be stretching ourselves to remember the games where he played poorly.

I agree that he has improved, but I can't even write the standards where he began or I'll get a wrist slap for being vulgar : )

As I said, its a matter of how much ambition one has for Man Utd and how much sympathy / affliction for certain players. I just wouldn't have Fletcher in my squad.

Than again, I don't manage a football team and thank God for that! : )

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Hi again,

thanks for taking the time to reply to my "challenge". I counted your examples and here's the summary, the Liverpool matches, 2 Arsenal matches, Chelsea, Roma and you didn't write it, but I'd say he had a great against Lyon. I also vaguely remember a game against Charlton last season where he did really well.

But I mean... we're stretching ourselves to think of matches where he played well. It should be the other way around. We should be stretching ourselves to remember the games where he played poorly.

I agree that he has improved, but I can't even write the standards where he began or I'll get a wrist slap for being vulgar : )

As I said, its a matter of how much ambition one has for Man Utd and how much sympathy / affliction for certain players. I just wouldn't have Fletcher in my squad.

Than again, I don't manage a football team and thank God for that! : )
lol at that "Thank God" part...and yes - we're streching oureselves to think of some matches where he was good, but then again that's the point - when he was challenging for the 1st team place he had to compete against the likes of keano and scholesy - not even veron managed to do that ffs ;)...he wasn't given a good run of games at the right time. now is the time . not 2-3 years ago... he was young back then maybe, maybe he was lacking selfconfidence because of the fact that he was constantly being outmuscled by keano and scholes at training,we don't know...maybe it was all that - but i admire his improvement - and a fact that he's a good player who never complaints and who is willing to step in and deliver whenever called upon ( especially against the big teams ) is what we should respect and admire. i hope we get to see more of that --- i think he's really matured and he can't go backwards - the only way is up for him - ! we should be thankfull of having such player(s) at the team ( sheasy ) - they're like representatives of an ordinary united fan who would do anything for 20 secs at OT pitch. Like ordinary blokes ! sure they don't have the talent but love for United is what keeps them in the club ! And I admire that !

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I gotta say Brown.

I used to like him, but all this over the contract negotiations and that have really changed my opinions.

And people who dislike Fletcher and Hargeaves must be watching different players to me. It seems that most of the people in this thread are the minority of supporters left who still hate Fletcher for one reason or another.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
manutd004 said:
I gotta say Brown.

I used to like him, but all this over the contract negotiations and that have really changed my opinions.

And people who dislike Fletcher and Hargeaves must be watching different players to me. It seems that most of the people in this thread are the minority of supporters left who still hate Fletcher for one reason or another.
wes brown , you have got to be joking he has had a great season, so much so we havnt missed gary neville.
what is wrong with wes wanting a bit more money to sign the rest of his days away at united, he is probably one of the lowest paid players at the club , but every bit as valuable , just pay the lad fergie he deserves it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
stretty said:
wes brown , you have got to be joking he has had a great season, so much so we havnt missed gary neville.
what is wrong with wes wanting a bit more money to sign the rest of his days away at united, he is probably one of the lowest paid players at the club , but every bit as valuable , just pay the lad fergie he deserves it.
Most intelligent post I have read in weeks.

Wes has been fantastic this season. Look how much we are paying other players, some who don't even start!!! Wes has been at the club since he was a young lad and has never complained about being on the bench and has always been loyal to the club.

Not to mention the amount of money Fergie has wasted over the years!!! Give the lad the money he deserves and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
spellbound said:
Who Is The Current Manchester United Player That You Dislike? ...I dont understand the question, honestly.

What are you looking for...a scapegoat?
Mate. He doesn't mean 'dislike' as a person or because of what they look like.

He really means which player do you dislike the most because of their technical ability and contribution to the squad.

Essentially, who is not good enough for United or not playing well enough at the moment.

Hope you understand now. :)

61 - 80 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.