Manchester United Talk banner

Who is the worst ever Premier League manager?


  • Total voters
    34
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading that Newcastle might be interested in employing the services of Terry Venables, I immediately thought of who the worst ever Premier League managers were.

Some immediate names that come to mind are, Christian Gross (was a comedy show at Spurs for a while). Sammy Lee should also be a contender, even though he was a short act ...hur hur..

Other managers who just didn't make good decisions on and off the pitch are Glen Roeder, Mike Walker and Peter Taylor.

Who is the biggest loser in your opinion?

I'll let this run for a while and put up a poll.

Should be good fun :D
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Mick McCarthy at Sunderland has to be in with a shout.

I know it's harsh but also Paul Jewell for his spell in the Prem with Derby. I know he did very well with Wigan but Derby didn't win a single game under Jewell and I didn't like the way he openly described all his players as rubbish or not good enough.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,551 Posts
reddwarf said:
Mick McCarthy at Sunderland has to be in with a shout.

I know it's harsh but also Paul Jewell for his spell in the Prem with Derby. I know he did very well with Wigan but Derby didn't win a single game under Jewell and I didn't like the way he openly described all his players as rubbish or not good enough.

yea McCarthy was the worst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
David pleat has got to been in with a shout he was absolutely appalling at spurs. He is one of the worst commentators as well may i add
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
i agree with you has to be benitez, they call themselves a top premiership side when theyve never finished higher than third
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
i always disliked peter reid....he was a guy who was always talked about how a great a manager he'd make at the top level etc. never thought he was up to it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
That one that was at Charlton for about 15 minuters i think his name was Les Reed was watching Prem Years a couple of weeks back and he was in chargew for about 2 months and won like 1 one game :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scottsati said:
i always disliked peter reid....he was a guy who was always talked about how a great a manager he'd make at the top level etc. never thought he was up to it

Good shout, mate. An absolutely useless and unlikeable man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
Graeme Souness my a mile or two. He had clubs like Loserfools, Blackburn and Newcastle and proved he's useless in all 3 clubs.

My fool friends is still talking about the 3 year of darkness with Soundess as manager. I cant remember what player who told that Souness were more interested in telling how bloody good the fools were when he played for them rather then to help the team at the practice ground.

But actually I love Souness, he set the Loserfool standard of never winning the league title and they've been keeping that spirit since his glorious years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Glenn Hoddle would be in with a shout, as would Dave O'Leary, Bryan Robson, Alan Perrin at Pompey was woeful.. did they have some Greek fool as well? Mick McCarthy was one of the worst but he had v little to work with, who did Sunderland have in between him and Reid, Wilkinson? Awful also!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spellbound said:
Graeme Souness my a mile or two. He had clubs like Loserfools, Blackburn and Newcastle and proved he's useless in all 3 clubs.

My fool friends is still talking about the 3 year of darkness with Soundess as manager. I cant remember what player who told that Souness were more interested in telling how bloody good the fools were when he played for them rather then to help the team at the practice ground.

But actually I love Souness, he set the Loserfool standard of never winning the league title and they've been keeping that spirit since his glorious years.

- What a good shout. An absolutely useless manager!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eoininho said:
Glenn Hoddle would be in with a shout, as would Dave O'Leary, Bryan Robson, Alan Perrin at Pompey was woeful.. did they have some Greek fool as well? Mick McCarthy was one of the worst but he had v little to work with, who did Sunderland have in between him and Reid, Wilkinson? Awful also!!

Whoa... man you should write horror, because some of those names give me the chills! :)

Amazingly useless fools.

I have to say that Bryan Robson is very, very embarrassing. He is such a United legend, but such a horrible manager.

A lot club owners probably hire him, cos they think he learnt from Fergie and see other former United greats doing well, but I always get that feeling from Robbo that the lights are on, but no one's home. :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
That one that was at Charlton for about 15 minuters i think his name was Les Reed was watching Prem Years a couple of weeks back and he was in chargew for about 2 months and won like 1 one game :D
Great shout imo.

I totally forgot about him. He was truly awful :p

I think its got to be Les Reed or Christian Gross. There are others, but I think they rise above everyone else.

Or sink, depending on what way you look at it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Poll added.

My apologies, but there were only 10 options avilable and upon scrutny, I decided to leave out Christian Gross, Peter Reid and Les Reed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Poll added.

My apologies, but there were only 10 options avilable and upon scrutny, I decided to leave out Christian Gross, Peter Reid and Les Reed.
Oh well.

Theres my two options gone then :rolleyes:
 

·
Keen on Fella's
Joined
·
8,472 Posts
mick mccarthy
there is worse managers, but i just cant stand the guy, he was rubbish at sunderland, he is still rubbish at wolves.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top