Manchester United Talk banner

Who is the worst ever Premier League manager?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I don't know about managers but Mike Ashley get's my vote for absolute worst owner. I am normally indifferent to Newcastle

but in this instance I feel really sorry for them. The guy is simply abhorrent.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Egil Olsen of Wimbledon in another awful manager. I always remember pictures
of him taking training in a pair of wellington boots and thought this chap is
more of a farmer than a football manager. (No offence to farmers) Christian
Gross was a comedy show as well as RFR says. Him and his tube ticket! But out
of the poll i voted for **** McCarthy. Didn't win one match ever in the Premiership.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i reckon it has to be sammy lee simply because all the others have had limited success somewhere as a manager. i think lee's managerial employment is finished with for good after such a bad start,however he has been a decent no 2 i guess he was just out of his depth same thing happened to brian kidd who was also dreadful at blackburn.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
RedMurph7 said:
Egil Olsen of Wimbledon in another awful manager. I always remember pictures
of him taking training in a pair of wellington boots and thought this chap is
more of a farmer than a football manager. (No offence to farmers) Christian
Gross was a comedy show as well as RFR says. Him and his tube ticket! But out
of the poll i voted for **** McCarthy. Didn't win one match ever in the Premiership.

Egil Olson! Ha! Good shout. :D

I wonder why they bothered to hire him as coach for the crazy gang. A quite Scandinavian fella. I can't remember him in Wellingtons though.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
sweet fa said:
i reckon it has to be sammy lee simply because all the others have had limited success somewhere as a manager. i think lee's managerial employment is finished with for good after such a bad start,however he has been a decent no 2 i guess he was just out of his depth same thing happened to brian kidd who was also dreadful at blackburn.

he definitely has a short career as a manager :)

I went with Sammy Lee too. He was a well-known and well-respected number two, but just couldn;t commend the players' respect and didn't cut a very confident figure as a manager.

Bolton went from a UEFA Cup place to relegation zone and it's largely to do with hin man-management and changing of tactics.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i went for Graeme Souness, the man is a utter joke

all he ever does is fall out with players and comment on things about them like a big baby

he was awful at blackburn then even worse when he went to newcastle

blackburn were lucky they lost him

hes a utter joke and a idiot on tv to boot i cant stand the man

·
Registered
45 Posts
It makes me laugh to see people suggest Rafa Benitez. The biased nature of this forum shines through many a time. To finish 3rd at all in the Premier League is about what Liverpool should be content with. The fact is, Utd and Chelsea and before that Utd and Arsenal were far superior sides then them. Cant argue with finishing behind and they won a Champions League to boot.

I'd like to chuck a massive name into the hat and say Keegan. What the Newcastle fans see in him I do not know. They seem infactuated with his passion with is undoubtedly there but the fact is, the only thing he ever did was give up a huge lead in a league that was his to win. And he threw in that infamous interview just to add to the humour. What a tool.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I guess we can add Wendy's name to the candidates in future threads about this subject, although Wikipedia tells me that he was in charge of 56 Spurs games and had 22 wins, whcih seems a lot to me. Must hve been in cup games :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I think Ramos was quite a bad manager. When he needed wins desperately he was playing one upfront, simple logic really.

Dowie was the ugliest!

You might also add Glen Roeder to the list, he did well at Newcastle, but I doubt you'll hear one good thing said about him from a West Ham fan!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.