Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who owns the Premier League?

Half of the Premiership teams are now owned by
foreign/overseas investors/businessmen/companies.

How long before the whole of the Premiership is owned by them ?

Who will be the next team to join the list ?

ARSENAL
Danny Fiszman main shareholder
24.11 per cent,
Alisher Usmanov (Russia)
24 per cent Stan Kroenke (US) 12.19 per cent

ASTON VILLA
Randy Lerner (US)

BLACKBURN ROVERS
John Williams

BOLTON WANDERERS
Eddie Davies

CHELSEA
Roman Abramovich (Russia)

EVERTON
Bill Kenwright, Robert Earl

FULHAM
Mohamed Al-Fayed (Egypt)

HULL CITY
Paul Duffen

LIVERPOOL
George Gillett and Tom Hicks (US)

MAN CITY
Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan (Abu Dhabi)

MAN UTD
Malcolm Glazer (US)

MIDDLESBROUGH
Steve Gibson

NEWCASTLE UNITED
Mike Ashley

PORTSMOUTH
Alexandre Gaydamak (France)

STOKE CITY
Peter Coates

SUNDERLAND
Drumaville Consortium main shareholder Ellis Short (US)

TOTTENHAM
Hotspur Daniel Levy

WEST BROM
Jeremy Peace

WEST HAM
Bjorgolfur Gudmundson (Iceland)

WIGAN
Dave Whelan

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Platini wants to block all these foreign investers, by the looks of it now already its nearly too late!

·
Registered
734 Posts
as long as its the best league in the world and the best players are on show every week long may it continue, platinis a muppet anyway.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The problem is that they never should have allowed clubs to float themselves on the stock exchange. The clubs should actually be a reflection of fan power.

Without the fans, a club would cease to exist.

I might be wrong, but I believe in some countries like Germany clubs are not allowed to float themselves the stock exchange. Executives are voted by members/fans of the club. Each fan or member gets one vote and decide executives on a yearly basis.

FC Barcelona is another club to admire where fans get to vote for the club's resident.

By floating themselves on the stock market, clubs are liable to be taken over and the fact that the fans have no power, means that they have no say in something they hold so dearly.

Kinda makes you want to support FC United too.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spurs could be the next to join the list as they are holding talks with an Asian billionaire.

Portsmouth could be changing hands because Alexandre Gaydamak has put Pompey up for sale as the club struggle under the weight of massive debts.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Premier League itself is owned by fat cats who know sod all but making money. The Premier is shareholder driven; football does not come into it.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Red Devil said:
Premier League itself is owned by fat cats who know sod all but making money. The Premier is shareholder driven; football does not come into it.

Unfortunatly, thats all some people are involved it it for....:(

Newcastle to join the trend next IMO....Wonder what the odds for all prem teams
to be owned by foreigners in 5/10 years?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying not to go too far off topic..

I wonder if anyone can work out who said which quote, they are all from people
connected to Manchester United. ( ie big names ).

"I urge every one to become members of Shareholders United, it is important for Fans to have a say in their club"

"there's a stronger rapport between the club and the fans than there has ever been. We are both of a common denominator; we don't want the club to be in anyone else's hands. That is the way the club stands with that. I support that."

"They (the fans) carried on to the degree where they actually thought they should have a say in the running of the football club."

"The club has 126 years of History and is recognised as as one of the most successful football clubs in the world. I don't think any sensible person would think we could recommend a proposal that that could jeapordise something that has been built up over so many years. Well it's not so much that Glazer's plan isn't sensible-it's insane"

"They (the Glazers) have been fantastic for United in every way".

"Why should the best club in the world, which is debt free due to all the fantastic support of the fans and the achievements of the players and managers over all these years, be plunged into debt to satisfy the greed of any one man?"

" Being a United fan is like following a religion. United has always been my club, will always remain my club, and no-one is going to take it away from me."

·
Registered
286 Posts
Newcastle should be changing hands soon. I would bet my house on the fact that the new owners wont be English...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Trying not to go too far off topic..

I wonder if anyone can work out who said which quote, they are all from people
connected to Manchester United. ( ie big names ).

"I urge every one to become members of Shareholders United, it is important for Fans to have a say in their club"

- Ryan Giggs?

"They (the fans) carried on to the degree where they actually thought they should have a say in the running of the football club."

- Sir Alex

"They (the Glazers) have been fantastic for United in every way".

- Sir Alex ferguson

"Why should the best club in the world, which is debt free due to all the fantastic support of the fans and the achievements of the players and managers over all these years, be plunged into debt to satisfy the greed of any one man?"

- Don't know, but the y guy is right

- those are my guesses.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good try RFR, but only one correct.

- Sir Alex

I'll post up the answers a bit later tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts