Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should SAF sign for the start of the new season? A couple of midfielders and a direct replacement for Ruud? Let me hear your views.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fernando Torres 25m. Unproven, so it's a danger. But he looked very good in the WC.

Owen Hargreaves 12m. Fantastic engine. Maybe not a commander of the midfield like Keane was but has the same V8 engine. Covers the world of ground during a match. Would allow Scholesy to join the attack more.

Damien Duff 11m. Giggsy getting on. ManU supporter as a kid. Was waiting for ManU to come in with a bid while he was at blackburn. They didn't but chelsea did.

I'd be over the moon with those..

Van Der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Heinze
Ronaldo Hargreaves Scholes Duff
Rooney
Torres

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's right he's off to Newcastle...

I'd like Carrick at United, i think Ferguson's thinking about a cash & player deal with Spurs..Carrick to United and Slivestre to Spurs?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now Van the Man is staying lets hope he puts his back into the season and gets his usual 20+ goals. And Fergie needs to hurry the f**k up and bring some fresh faces into Old Trafford and stop relying on all the old faces at United like Scholes and Giggs.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Yeah, its less than a month for the season to kick off, so basically we should be looking to get a midfielder before anyone else, as that has been one of our top priorities ever since Keano left.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well with Torres staying in Madrid, our no. 1 striker target is gone. But maybe we have an agreement with Torres that they will buy him next season. He turned down Inter. Won't play for Real. Pure speculation, I know

Midfield has to be reinforced immediatly.

Viera looks like he's going to Inter/Barca.

Diarra is still too expensive and it's good enough for him if he stays in Lyon. He seems to have been expecting a bid from Real and now that that's not going to happen he's open to other offers. He wants it all his own way and unfortunately for him, fortunately for us, his inflated ego will see him playing at Lyon next year. If Essien was considered to be a better player, I wouldn't like us to buy him. Not saying that Essien isn't a good player, he is (esp on his WC performances). I think that he underperformed at Chelsea due to, possibly playing out of position and being a dogs body for Makelele and Lampard.

Gattuso and Pirlo will stay in Milan now due to them being re-instated into the champions league.

I expect Utd to return for Carrick since he has rejected a new contract. Maybe Fergie will go for Defoe too. Depending on my speculation with Torres above.

I don't understand how we have not been more solidly linked with Hargreaves though. Does Fergie not rate him at all?

How would you line out the team if we bought Hargreaves and Carrick? And possibly defoe???

Van Der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Vidic/Heinze? Heinze/Evra(if he can sort himself out)
Ronaldo Hargreaves Carrick/Scholes? Giggs/Park?
Rooney Saha/Smith/Rossi/Defoe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i wish we had got in duff......... its a waste really,, but we still have park,,, so it should be fine..... i think the board has really let united down this time. david gill just cant keep pace with chelski and kenyon it seems

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree. It was a pity we didn't get Duff. 5m!! What a rob!

As for Kenyon. He cost Utd Ronaldinho. I wouldn't like Gill to be like that slimy git.

But I would like to see some activity in terms of transfers!

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the left side of misfield i think fergie is blooding richardson to be giggs's eventual succesor so it would be a huge dent to his confidence in the young kid if he signed duff.

If we lose Van Nistelrooy as is looking more probable by the day i hope we sign either tevez or huntellar from corinthians and ajax respectively. Both are young and have unlimited potential. More probable signings are ibrahimovic or trezeguet.

For the gap we have in the middle of the park i think carrick is overrated and pirlo will need too much time on the ball(Veron). Gattuso or Viera would be great signings but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a swoop for mascherano who at the world cup proved to be one of the best at breaking opposition attacks. His only question mark would be on his passing but we have scholes to do all the attacking while mascherano can do a makelele and just protect the back four.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally we agree KingSingh!

Mascherano is the one we need, I dont think Viera has the bottle to play for us. Remember Keano in the tunnel, Keano had him in his pocket before kick off! Gattuso would be a good choice too. lets hope his Scottish wife puts pressure on him to move back to the U.K.! De Rossi another option even Muntari or Appiah perhaps!

We need a left winger too........who is out there though and available Vicente?

RVN hoes, Tevez, David Suazo or Huntellar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think Richardson will turn out to be much more than a squad player who fills in here and there. He's better through the centre anyways. Duff is an amazing deal at 5m, and it's absolutely shocking that we didn't go in for him considering Giggs is going to need replacing sooner rather than later.

Mascherano would be a great buy. Hopefully if we do get him he takes to the Premiership well. Seems like he can play a rough game though, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Apparently we're in talks for him now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
More transfer news: Pennant has gone to liverpool and valencia seem to have opened talks for simao. This probably means all the speculation regarding ronaldo should dissipate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mascherano & Carrick together would be amazing, but Corinthians asking price for Mascherano is huge (25million) & I doubt Fergie will pay that huge fee when we could probs get Torres for that!

·
Registered
83 Posts
well asking prices are rarely met in todays football market:
RVN- united wanted 15 mil but only got 11
Carrick- spurs wanted 20 mil but only got 16

i think 35 million for tevez and mascherano could be the swoop of the century for us.
Also trezeguet for between 6-8 million would be a great replacement for Ruud.

·
Registered
83 Posts
there is no way they will sell robinho.
There was a rumor among the italian media that inter milan wanted a adriano/ronaldo swap but adriano has since come out and stated he wants to stay at inter. I don't think many clubs can afford ronaldo right now except the two milan teams who are both looking for a striker

1 - 20 of 109 Posts