Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all first post on this forum.

For me I think the supposed £50 mil transfer kitty Fergie has wont go as far as it used to.

Me (if I were in charge) I would also sell to buy as well to raise extra cash.

PLAYERS IN

Hargreves looks a done deal but at the supposed £18 mil its a lot and he has just come back off an injury so a risk but worth it (dispite the cost being higher cos he is English as usual). Thats the mid field sorted to break up play amd protect the back 4, also he is a good free kick taker actually etc.

Nani friend of Ronaldo and an interesting prospect I think he could be a ready made replacement for Giggs, wont please Keiron Richardson much but worth the £17 mil release clause he is supposed to have. This covers the left wing and he is well calculated risk I think

The next one I am not sure on which is the Striker situation. Huntelaer is a good choice, as it the more expensive Torres, Etto or Villa options. I feel any of these 4 would be good and save us a bit of money if it was the cheaper Huntelaer as he is younger and less pricey he could be a bargain. But Torres would be my choice as he is young enough and fast enough also does seem to be a bit hardier than he might look for the cold nights in Blackburn.

Berbatov aint gonna happen - Spurs wont let him go

Gareth Bale - £7 mil or so for a young (no premiership either) experienced left back, we have Silvestre, Heinze & Evra here so no need for him at all and at that price 100% no need. Even if we lose Silvestre (think we will) thats still 1 and 1 to cover so no need to spend when he is not essential.

Owen - would not take him not because he is ex Liverpopl but because he has been badly injured (taken off today again) wish the guy well but he just aint enough for us now we need to grow and bring in not take other peoples failures. Real and Newcastle are flops for him so no room at the inn I say.

Saha - Please sell him even if its £5 mil its more money and we dont need him too injury prone

Silvestre - Past his Utd time I feel, worth 2 mil I think to some french team as we aint short of centre backs atm

Rossi I just dont think the lad features in Fergies long term plans, sell him to an Italian side for £3.5 mil he is young and if he was gonna deliver he would have featured by now.

This leaves us with a strong side and all baring injuries the squad will pick itself most of the time.

Van Der Sar/Kuchack

Spare: Foster

G Nevil
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra/Heinz

Spares: Wes Brown, O'Shea, Lee, Pique, Bardsley

Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick/Hargreaves
Giggs/Nani

Spares: Park, Richardson, Eagles Smith, Fletcher, O'Shea

Rooney
Torres

Spares: Smith, Dong, Solskjaer

This would be my plan and I dont think (apart from the exits) it will change much as although I have never been a fan of O'Shea and Fletcher or Smith they have shown them to be good utility and squad players.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jay said:
I've yet to see a post in this whole thread with flawless English...nevermind...I think Nani is almost a done deal, but I think if anything over £18m, Hargreaves will have to remain at Bayern Munchen. Let's be realistic- Torres and Villa are probably out of our league, but Eto'o is borderline within our sights. If not, someone like Miroslav Klose or Michael Owen could be our best bet.
I think your a little mad to be honest - Torres and Villa out of our league. This is Manchester United, Winners of the premiership, semi finalists in the champions league and finalists in the FA Cup.

With a host of international players - there exactly in our league.

Also the grammer is not a pre requisite of using a forum I doubt, but everyone has been easy to follow so no big deal.

The strikers mentioned are 100% in our league as they our in all of the worlds top flight clubs.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
am singling out ferdinand and neville as i think fergie wants them dropped and i wanna say it before anyone else. remember fergie said ferdinand has already warranted his 30mil price tag, no he aint, he's won us **** all, and as for neville i just think he a twat, everyone but scouse hatin united supporters do, im tellin u. ive nothin against the scousers but i would like united to be considered a bigger club.
United to be considered a "Bigger Club" we are at the height of big clubs. Ferdinand has proved his price tag in my book as we won the title and other things since his arival.

Also he has age on his side and will continue to produce for more seasons to come so he has proved and whilst I think G Nev has done an epic job running the team since the departure of Keane I think he still has a season or 2 left as well with Brown as an ample replacement.

These are world class players in my book and being a defender if you dont score goals your an unsung hero.

Excellent players for a top flight club - united cant get much bigger and winning the title and our other performances will make us more attractive to new players so enchance our transfer results.

I just struggle to understand how you can slate Rio and G Nev as I am no anti scouser but I am taking the players on there merits alone and they have achieved no questions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
i slate them coz of their egotistical and macho attitudes, all bullies, cowards and insecure people take the easier option and for them to belittle an opposition with their ego rather than outplay them at the game them makes me dislike them. play the game with respect for your opposition and they have no choice but to respect you. then you may need to ask the question what is paramount, winning at all costs or staying true to the philosophy of the club? i cant imagine the club condones a disrespectful behavior on the pitch, its not a good example to the youngins, stop it or get rid.

as for being a bigger club, im only tellin ye what i read. representatives from around europe voted, twas close but majority rules, liverpool were voted as the bigger club, not monetary value wise but on name n all that tradition, you know what im gettin at.
Your entitled to an oppinion but Rio has never gone out to intimidate anyone he is hardly an intimidating person. And also Gary Nev is about 5'7 hardly a giant of a man or anyone that would ever frighten me.

If you wanna go for intimidating I think Smith would be more threatnining than the 2 you list.

I think you could not be further from the mark, being a defender you need that competitive edge and making your presence felt is also part of modern premiership life.

United dont have the winning at all costs I just cant see where you have got this idea from.

Liverpool have a bigger tradition because the won more titles just than us but tradition is all they have. And 10 lucky minutes against Milan in the last champions league final. Good luck to them getting there again but because the media say there bigger does not mean they are. Liverpool have to date never won the premier league and are showing no signs of being a contender.

Tradition is all they have again I think your off the mark here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
maldini, seedorf, cappello, these are the characters saying that liverpool are a bigger club, thats a rap
Because they are about to play them and if they lose its easier to say they lost to a big club.

Its player talk about there future opponents and well Cappello nuff said.

They have never won the premiership and only about 2-3 cups in 10 years really. One was a mistake on milans part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
rio's misguided by neville
Your nuts G Nev is well within his rights to be pleased and proud of his performance as it Rio both are international standard players who serve United well.

Rio has a dip in performance and was dropped by England which was right at the time but your issue with both being arogant there no more arrogant than other players at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Again your choices seem pretty weird to me as you have not added Barcelona and put Ajax and Bayern above United. Yet you neglected to mention Chelsea.

I do struggle to see where you are getting this info from.

Bayern only win the German league and Ajax the dutch hardly epic leagues. Real are a powerhouse as are Milan but the others are not on a par with united in my view and I suspect most others.

Barca, Chelsea, Inter, Juventus should be in there and granted united have not had great wins in europe apart from 1999 when we won it.

Simply put Milan will say Liverpool are a bigger team because there about to face them so its obvious.

Real Madrid and Milan aint won much even there own domestic leagues for a while so judged by results along we are a rising power again and ahead of Ajax and Bayern by some stretch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
t has nothing at all to do with up coming fixtures, i read it over a month ago, and it was spanish players, french, italian, a whole host of european wisemen

the list is my own opinion, great clubs do not have to be performing well to be a great club in my opinion. Chelsea have never and will never be a great club, i rate west ham higher than chelsea. you cant buy greatness. christ i wish id never bothered
Hardly wisemen though is it putting Ajax and Bayern above Man Utd.

You can only measure a club by its results as regardless of what you think there PLC businesses. Barca belong in among the greats and Chelsea (as much as it pains me) more so than Ajax and Bayern.

Whoever said this is simply nuts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
my god u are a dumb shit, I am not a european footballing legend or wiseman and the list was my own opinion, im entitled to it, i prefer ajax to munich, and??? Barca have always been underdogs to madrid, and i didnt think they warranted a place in my top 5, any team who thinks so highley of themselves to refuse a shirt sponsor doesnt prove their in a league of their own, it proves they are smug and dumb, not qualities i rate. Chelsea are a joke, even if they do win on saturday
I am a dumb shit - your kidding yourself - Barca are not and have not for many years played underdogs to madrid - MADRID have won NOTHING...... read up on facts mate it will make you sound more convincing - Real have old stars at the end of their career - Barca have Messi and Ronaldino + Etto etc.

You also said it was many footballing wisemen as well as your oppinion if you read what you wrote.

Saying Barca and Chelsea not top flight teams; say what you like results speak louder than your words - Barca current european champions!!!!

Ajax and Bayern not won much apart from there pony domestic leagues for a long time - Also calling me a dumb shit shows shows that your arguement is falling apart. Grow up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
i do live in my own world mate, i canna carry this on much longer, the wiseman and opinions bit i cant be arsed explainin, maybe i was moving too fast for your dumbshit brain, i do kid myself, the real world is a cruel ans sick place, its a lot easier for me to live this way. plc businesses, ooohhhh, scarey, once they all bust, who's gonna be around, the real fans, nae you, glory huntin bastard. me grow up, dont think too highley of yourself.
Er no if a PLC busts it usually is the end of the club - Your ability to hold a discussion is as limited as your knowlesge of football and taking cheap shots at me on a forum shows your either 8 or a sterio typical cybernut who acts big and hard on a forum throwing your weight about.

Anyone reading your posts must HONESTLY think you are on drugs as you talk the most amount of dribble - Ajax bigger than Barca - lol

I do think highly of myself as I am one of lifes achievers yet you cant even type correctly and think Ajax and Bayern are bigger clubs than Barca and Man Utd - you clearly are one deluded and proberbly jobless loser!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Fergie should buy Owen Hargreaves as we could do with his engine in the middle of the park. We could have done with someone like him in the Milan game. With the great attaking players we have, we need his steel to hold us together in the middle.
We should also buy an exciting winger in the form of Nani or Ribery(these 2 are class)
We definitely need a world class striker : Berbatov/Eto'o/Huntelaar/Torres. I would be very pleased if we bagged one of these guys.

If we could get Bale also that would be great. We could loan him back out for a year or two to gain more experience. He has the potential to become the best left back in the world
Agreed 100% exactly what I put earlier although I am not sure on the price for Bale as he is a lot of money for a untested player in a position we have 3-4 people currently who can play it.

7 million + when we have Heinze, Evra, O'Shea and Silvestre who can do it seems poor business sense to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep Bale is a interesting prospect but if we buy him now he wont play and its £7 mil out of the transfer kitty. I agree we should not lose out on him but we need the dosh for other players who will make the starting 11 for our defence next season in my oppinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
At last you said something good.

Irrespective of the fact it was not my point. I just expect people to post informed views and support them.

Anyhow back to the subject:

We need a striker big time to replace Nistleroy (cup final showed us this) and since Chelsea's uber millions SAD has rightly kept his cards close to his chest as we have been out bid on the following so far

Essien
Roben
Ballack
Mikel

Granted I would not want any of them atm but still we need a striker and the no news at all is pretty frustrating for a fan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont think bent is Utd level and Aguero could be good although he is just that little bit too young I think maybe - not 100% sure.

Torres or someone like that would be good - I have no objections to a goal hanger though as we miss the poacher skills of a player like Van Nistleroy in his prime.

Would have helped us in the fa cup I think. I would rather that style of player an expert finisher than another rooney.

·
Registered
38 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
we aint getting berb. Aguero's young but so was Wayne Roony. its a gamble like Wilcott or Robinho but with SAF i think Aguero can turn in to a cross between Wayne Roony and Ruud Rvn

Augero is a talent but its a bigger risk I think as Rooney played in the premiership and Walcott was was english league player. Robinho I would not be too keen on dutch players have a similar league to us in that is physical so Huntelar would be good.

Berb would be but not a the price the press is talking about I would pay £15m for him tops and I think Huntelar would be better - Aguero could be good but he is a risk and wont be cheap.

I would risk it though as he is a an exciting prospect, Would go for Torres or Huntelar before Augero though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It makes business sense not saying who we are targeting as we are no longer a PLC since the glazers took over we do not have to inform shareholders and the city analysts where we are planning to spend our money.

As a fan is sucks but Chelsea with the uber £££ have stole the march on us in the past so it make more sense to be cautious.

Berb aint gonna happen at all no way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts