Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 109 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
we need to buy berbatov from spurs,kaka,owen heargreaves from bayern munich ,and me!!!!!!lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
rooney08 said:
we need to buy berbatov from spurs,kaka,owen heargreaves from bayern munich ,and me!!!!!!lol
Not a hope in hell will AC Milan let Kaka go, I think that there is probably more chance of Fergie signing u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
hope will get nani to replace giggs in future owen hargreaves to replace scholes a a good defender to take over neville and a good striker to tag along rooney.But alex said he would get 2 or 3 new players for next season.So possible up coming squad

van der sar

neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra

nani owen carrick ronaldo

rooney

torres / eto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Hi all first post on this forum.

For me I think the supposed £50 mil transfer kitty Fergie has wont go as far as it used to.

Me (if I were in charge) I would also sell to buy as well to raise extra cash.

PLAYERS IN

Hargreves looks a done deal but at the supposed £18 mil its a lot and he has just come back off an injury so a risk but worth it (dispite the cost being higher cos he is English as usual). Thats the mid field sorted to break up play amd protect the back 4, also he is a good free kick taker actually etc.

Nani friend of Ronaldo and an interesting prospect I think he could be a ready made replacement for Giggs, wont please Keiron Richardson much but worth the £17 mil release clause he is supposed to have. This covers the left wing and he is well calculated risk I think

The next one I am not sure on which is the Striker situation. Huntelaer is a good choice, as it the more expensive Torres, Etto or Villa options. I feel any of these 4 would be good and save us a bit of money if it was the cheaper Huntelaer as he is younger and less pricey he could be a bargain. But Torres would be my choice as he is young enough and fast enough also does seem to be a bit hardier than he might look for the cold nights in Blackburn.

Berbatov aint gonna happen - Spurs wont let him go

Gareth Bale - £7 mil or so for a young (no premiership either) experienced left back, we have Silvestre, Heinze & Evra here so no need for him at all and at that price 100% no need. Even if we lose Silvestre (think we will) thats still 1 and 1 to cover so no need to spend when he is not essential.

Owen - would not take him not because he is ex Liverpopl but because he has been badly injured (taken off today again) wish the guy well but he just aint enough for us now we need to grow and bring in not take other peoples failures. Real and Newcastle are flops for him so no room at the inn I say.

Saha - Please sell him even if its £5 mil its more money and we dont need him too injury prone

Silvestre - Past his Utd time I feel, worth 2 mil I think to some french team as we aint short of centre backs atm

Rossi I just dont think the lad features in Fergies long term plans, sell him to an Italian side for £3.5 mil he is young and if he was gonna deliver he would have featured by now.

This leaves us with a strong side and all baring injuries the squad will pick itself most of the time.

Van Der Sar/Kuchack

Spare: Foster

G Nevil
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra/Heinz

Spares: Wes Brown, O'Shea, Lee, Pique, Bardsley

Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick/Hargreaves
Giggs/Nani

Spares: Park, Richardson, Eagles Smith, Fletcher, O'Shea

Rooney
Torres

Spares: Smith, Dong, Solskjaer

This would be my plan and I dont think (apart from the exits) it will change much as although I have never been a fan of O'Shea and Fletcher or Smith they have shown them to be good utility and squad players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
defensively were as sound as a pound, i think sir alex has learnt a lesson from chelsea and the italians here when building his third team, get your defense right then build forward, the importance of this is paramount as all attacks start from the back. a little worried that the likes of brown and heinze will move on next season in the search of first team football but even so that would give us,
VDS, Foster, Kuz
neville, bardo, o'shea, simpson, rio, vidic, sly, evra, evans, pique,
and a whole host of youngsters.

hargreaves to bolster the centre midfield would be perfect, that gives us scholes the genius of a ginger prince, giggs who is being penciled for a more central role next season, fletch the up n comin midfield maestro and all round player, the class act that is carrick, and hargo-efficiency personified. world class all round and all able to play alongside each other no matter what pairing (or trio if 4-5-1) almost forgot o'shea and pique, can also do job

Ribery to add the skill and technique to the wings, from what seen on yon youtube he looks as though he has it all. that gives us Ronnie, Park, giggs if need be, fletch if need be, ichardson, eagles, martin, not forgetting ole, roo or rossi. the new ron nani also a possibility if the funds arent there for ribs but i doubt the boys intentions for wanting to play for united, im sure he could just as happily play for any other top 6 team

up front if it were possible, try and tempt old larsson back, but in all seriousness if klaas jan goalhunter were to be tempted here without too much bother from the likes of chelsea or milan, then right on, perfect for roo who started his football education with van the man senior, why not reignite that partnership with jan the man junior. roo, smith, saha, ole, dong, rossi and klass jan, bloody nora, i want milan blood next season.

hargo-haggle down to 18mil
nani-17mil
klass jan-15mil

total-50mil bang on, of course tis all speculation and approximations

ribs-25mil, sell brown for 10mil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I've yet to see a post in this whole thread with flawless English...nevermind...I think Nani is almost a done deal, but I think if anything over £18m, Hargreaves will have to remain at Bayern Munchen. Let's be realistic- Torres and Villa are probably out of our league, but Eto'o is borderline within our sights. If not, someone like Miroslav Klose or Michael Owen could be our best bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Jay said:
I've yet to see a post in this whole thread with flawless English...nevermind...I think Nani is almost a done deal, but I think if anything over £18m, Hargreaves will have to remain at Bayern Munchen. Let's be realistic- Torres and Villa are probably out of our league, but Eto'o is borderline within our sights. If not, someone like Miroslav Klose or Michael Owen could be our best bet.
I think your a little mad to be honest - Torres and Villa out of our league. This is Manchester United, Winners of the premiership, semi finalists in the champions league and finalists in the FA Cup.

With a host of international players - there exactly in our league.

Also the grammer is not a pre requisite of using a forum I doubt, but everyone has been easy to follow so no big deal.

The strikers mentioned are 100% in our league as they our in all of the worlds top flight clubs.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Jay said:
I've yet to see a post in this whole thread with flawless English...nevermind...
speak your mind, are you pointing to the english not being praised enough? im well behind an english majority team, although not discounting the scots, welsh or irish players. Carrick, Scholes and Rooney are easily three of the most talented english players on earth:confused: im just a little, in fact more than a little dissapointed in neville and ferdinands attitudes, IMVHO they seem to think and act arrogantly which makes them look and act like tossers, but then again what they see going on in front of them would make anyone think like they have the right. Only good and respectful attitudes of the people on the pitch (the ambassadors of the club) will gain the respect of the the other clubs around the world. Reading in i think either FourFourTwo or some other magazine, Liverpool were rated as the bigger club by players and managers from around the world, players like maldini im talking about. I aint havin that, and Neville and Ferdinands attitudes dont contribute
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
am singling out ferdinand and neville as i think fergie wants them dropped and i wanna say it before anyone else. remember fergie said ferdinand has already warranted his 30mil price tag, no he aint, he's won us **** all, and as for neville i just think he a twat, everyone but scouse hatin united supporters do, im tellin u. ive nothin against the scousers but i would like united to be considered a bigger club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
am singling out ferdinand and neville as i think fergie wants them dropped and i wanna say it before anyone else. remember fergie said ferdinand has already warranted his 30mil price tag, no he aint, he's won us **** all, and as for neville i just think he a twat, everyone but scouse hatin united supporters do, im tellin u. ive nothin against the scousers but i would like united to be considered a bigger club.
United to be considered a "Bigger Club" we are at the height of big clubs. Ferdinand has proved his price tag in my book as we won the title and other things since his arival.

Also he has age on his side and will continue to produce for more seasons to come so he has proved and whilst I think G Nev has done an epic job running the team since the departure of Keane I think he still has a season or 2 left as well with Brown as an ample replacement.

These are world class players in my book and being a defender if you dont score goals your an unsung hero.

Excellent players for a top flight club - united cant get much bigger and winning the title and our other performances will make us more attractive to new players so enchance our transfer results.

I just struggle to understand how you can slate Rio and G Nev as I am no anti scouser but I am taking the players on there merits alone and they have achieved no questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
de_roiste said:
Fernando Torres 25m. Unproven, so it's a danger. But he looked very good in the WC.

Owen Hargreaves 12m. Fantastic engine. Maybe not a commander of the midfield like Keane was but has the same V8 engine. Covers the world of ground during a match. Would allow Scholesy to join the attack more.

Damien Duff 11m. Giggsy getting on. ManU supporter as a kid. Was waiting for ManU to come in with a bid while he was at blackburn. They didn't but chelsea did.

I'd be over the moon with those..

Van Der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Heinze
Ronaldo Hargreaves Scholes Duff
Rooney
Torres
agree with the whole team but we well have to give arm an a leg to buy hargreaves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
speak your mind, are you pointing to the english not being praised enough? im well behind an english majority team, although not discounting the scots, welsh or irish players. Carrick, Scholes and Rooney are easily three of the most talented english players on earth:confused: im just a little, in fact more than a little dissapointed in neville and ferdinands attitudes, IMVHO they seem to think and act arrogantly which makes them look and act like tossers, but then again what they see going on in front of them would make anyone think like they have the right. Only good and respectful attitudes of the people on the pitch (the ambassadors of the club) will gain the respect of the the other clubs around the world. Reading in i think either FourFourTwo or some other magazine, Liverpool were rated as the bigger club by players and managers from around the world, players like maldini im talking about. I aint havin that, and Neville and Ferdinands attitudes dont contribute
No, the sentence clearly indicates I'm talking about the fact that most people here can't spell.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
United to be considered a "Bigger Club" we are at the height of big clubs. Ferdinand has proved his price tag in my book as we won the title and other things since his arival.

Also he has age on his side and will continue to produce for more seasons to come so he has proved and whilst I think G Nev has done an epic job running the team since the departure of Keane I think he still has a season or 2 left as well with Brown as an ample replacement.

These are world class players in my book and being a defender if you dont score goals your an unsung hero.

Excellent players for a top flight club - united cant get much bigger and winning the title and our other performances will make us more attractive to new players so enchance our transfer results.

I just struggle to understand how you can slate Rio and G Nev as I am no anti scouser but I am taking the players on there merits alone and they have achieved no questions.
i slate them coz of their egotistical and macho attitudes, all bullies, cowards and insecure people take the easier option and for them to belittle an opposition with their ego rather than outplay them at the game them makes me dislike them. play the game with respect for your opposition and they have no choice but to respect you. then you may need to ask the question what is paramount, winning at all costs or staying true to the philosophy of the club? i cant imagine the club condones a disrespectful behavior on the pitch, its not a good example to the youngins, stop it or get rid.

as for being a bigger club, im only tellin ye what i read. representatives from around europe voted, twas close but majority rules, liverpool were voted as the bigger club, not monetary value wise but on name n all that tradition, you know what im gettin at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
i slate them coz of their egotistical and macho attitudes, all bullies, cowards and insecure people take the easier option and for them to belittle an opposition with their ego rather than outplay them at the game them makes me dislike them. play the game with respect for your opposition and they have no choice but to respect you. then you may need to ask the question what is paramount, winning at all costs or staying true to the philosophy of the club? i cant imagine the club condones a disrespectful behavior on the pitch, its not a good example to the youngins, stop it or get rid.

as for being a bigger club, im only tellin ye what i read. representatives from around europe voted, twas close but majority rules, liverpool were voted as the bigger club, not monetary value wise but on name n all that tradition, you know what im gettin at.
Your entitled to an oppinion but Rio has never gone out to intimidate anyone he is hardly an intimidating person. And also Gary Nev is about 5'7 hardly a giant of a man or anyone that would ever frighten me.

If you wanna go for intimidating I think Smith would be more threatnining than the 2 you list.

I think you could not be further from the mark, being a defender you need that competitive edge and making your presence felt is also part of modern premiership life.

United dont have the winning at all costs I just cant see where you have got this idea from.

Liverpool have a bigger tradition because the won more titles just than us but tradition is all they have. And 10 lucky minutes against Milan in the last champions league final. Good luck to them getting there again but because the media say there bigger does not mean they are. Liverpool have to date never won the premier league and are showing no signs of being a contender.

Tradition is all they have again I think your off the mark here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
Good luck to them getting there again but because the media say there bigger does not mean they are.
maldini, seedorf, cappello, these are the characters saying that liverpool are a bigger club, thats a rap
 
41 - 60 of 109 Posts
Top