Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
neville was arrogant as **** in his FA cup game against villa when larsson scored to win. he was pish, did the old carrying carpets walk to try and make himself look good, i remember, he didnt make many mistakes but he did nothing to help the team other than make us look like a bunch of dickheads. He's been doin it for so long now your delluided in thinking he is any good, i think he's so afraid of fergie that he's made a proffesion out of not making a mistake, which is fair enough, but for him to then think that he's a big man is wank, he aint, he's past it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
maldini, seedorf, cappello, these are the characters saying that liverpool are a bigger club, thats a rap
Because they are about to play them and if they lose its easier to say they lost to a big club.

Its player talk about there future opponents and well Cappello nuff said.

They have never won the premiership and only about 2-3 cups in 10 years really. One was a mistake on milans part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
rio's misguided by neville
Your nuts G Nev is well within his rights to be pleased and proud of his performance as it Rio both are international standard players who serve United well.

Rio has a dip in performance and was dropped by England which was right at the time but your issue with both being arogant there no more arrogant than other players at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
Because they are about to play them and if they lose its easier to say they lost to a big club.

Its player talk about there future opponents and well Cappello nuff said.

They have never won the premiership and only about 2-3 cups in 10 years really. One was a mistake on milans part.
twas an article in 442 i think, about the scouse manc rivalry and how back when the rivalry started, they had respect for each other, non of the hooligan pish like today, neville can be accused of contributing to that the wee gay robinhood. The rivalry should maintain a mutual respect, both big clubs playing a big game, has gone too far.

suppose it just gives us a perspective as to who the other europeans regard as the big dogs, my own opinion as to who the big dogs are as follows, in order

1. Real Madrid
2. Milan AC
3. Ajax
4. Bayern Munich
5. Man Utd

united are obviously a big dog but i found it too hard not to be bias
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Again your choices seem pretty weird to me as you have not added Barcelona and put Ajax and Bayern above United. Yet you neglected to mention Chelsea.

I do struggle to see where you are getting this info from.

Bayern only win the German league and Ajax the dutch hardly epic leagues. Real are a powerhouse as are Milan but the others are not on a par with united in my view and I suspect most others.

Barca, Chelsea, Inter, Juventus should be in there and granted united have not had great wins in europe apart from 1999 when we won it.

Simply put Milan will say Liverpool are a bigger team because there about to face them so its obvious.

Real Madrid and Milan aint won much even there own domestic leagues for a while so judged by results along we are a rising power again and ahead of Ajax and Bayern by some stretch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
t has nothing at all to do with up coming fixtures, i read it over a month ago, and it was spanish players, french, italian, a whole host of european wisemen

the list is my own opinion, great clubs do not have to be performing well to be a great club in my opinion. Chelsea have never and will never be a great club, i rate west ham higher than chelsea. you cant buy greatness. christ i wish id never bothered
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
t has nothing at all to do with up coming fixtures, i read it over a month ago, and it was spanish players, french, italian, a whole host of european wisemen

the list is my own opinion, great clubs do not have to be performing well to be a great club in my opinion. Chelsea have never and will never be a great club, i rate west ham higher than chelsea. you cant buy greatness. christ i wish id never bothered
Hardly wisemen though is it putting Ajax and Bayern above Man Utd.

You can only measure a club by its results as regardless of what you think there PLC businesses. Barca belong in among the greats and Chelsea (as much as it pains me) more so than Ajax and Bayern.

Whoever said this is simply nuts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
my god u are a dumb shit, I am not a european footballing legend or wiseman and the list was my own opinion, im entitled to it, i prefer ajax to munich, and??? Barca have always been underdogs to madrid, and i didnt think they warranted a place in my top 5, any team who thinks so highley of themselves to refuse a shirt sponsor doesnt prove their in a league of their own, it proves they are smug and dumb, not qualities i rate. Chelsea are a joke, even if they do win on saturday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Midfeilders

Hargreavs from Byern = 18-20 mil, very expensive for a player who before the world cup would of only made the bench at united.

Or..

De rossi from roma = 12 million. 6-8 mil cheaper than hargreavs and it would give us more money to get another player with, id like to see de rossi here because he is cheaper but united are 99.9 persent gunna get hargreavs

Attackers

Michael Owen = a proven goal scorer in england and for 9 mil he could be the bargin of the summer

Or...

Berbatov = I'd love to see him at old trafford, However tottenham will hold united to randsom like byern has done with hargreavs.

Or...

Torres = 8 goals last seson (3 of them were from the spot) and i think he would get bossed around in england.. like shefchenko.

& Mark Viduka as recovery for rooney and torres/berbatov/owen = free transfer. avrage bench player in my opinion but good recovry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
my god u are a dumb shit, I am not a european footballing legend or wiseman and the list was my own opinion, im entitled to it, i prefer ajax to munich, and??? Barca have always been underdogs to madrid, and i didnt think they warranted a place in my top 5, any team who thinks so highley of themselves to refuse a shirt sponsor doesnt prove their in a league of their own, it proves they are smug and dumb, not qualities i rate. Chelsea are a joke, even if they do win on saturday
I am a dumb shit - your kidding yourself - Barca are not and have not for many years played underdogs to madrid - MADRID have won NOTHING...... read up on facts mate it will make you sound more convincing - Real have old stars at the end of their career - Barca have Messi and Ronaldino + Etto etc.

You also said it was many footballing wisemen as well as your oppinion if you read what you wrote.

Saying Barca and Chelsea not top flight teams; say what you like results speak louder than your words - Barca current european champions!!!!

Ajax and Bayern not won much apart from there pony domestic leagues for a long time - Also calling me a dumb shit shows shows that your arguement is falling apart. Grow up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
I am a dumb shit - your kidding yourself - Barca are not and have not for many years played underdogs to madrid - MADRID have won NOTHING...... read up on facts mate it will make you sound more convincing - Real have old stars at the end of their career - Barca have Messi and Ronaldino + Etto etc.

You also said it was many footballing wisemen as well as your oppinion if you read what you wrote.

Saying Barca and Chelsea not top flight teams; say what you like results speak louder than your words - Barca current european champions!!!!

Ajax and Bayern not won much apart from there pony domestic leagues for a long time - Also calling me a dumb shit shows shows that your arguement is falling apart. Grow up!
i do live in my own world mate, i canna carry this on much longer, the wiseman and opinions bit i cant be arsed explainin, maybe i was moving too fast for your dumbshit brain, i do kid myself, the real world is a cruel ans sick place, its a lot easier for me to live this way. plc businesses, ooohhhh, scarey, once they all bust, who's gonna be around, the real fans, nae you, glory huntin bastard. me grow up, dont think too highley of yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Fergie should buy Owen Hargreaves as we could do with his engine in the middle of the park. We could have done with someone like him in the Milan game. With the great attaking players we have, we need his steel to hold us together in the middle.
We should also buy an exciting winger in the form of Nani or Ribery(these 2 are class)
We definitely need a world class striker : Berbatov/Eto'o/Huntelaar/Torres. I would be very pleased if we bagged one of these guys.

If we could get Bale also that would be great. We could loan him back out for a year or two to gain more experience. He has the potential to become the best left back in the world
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
i do live in my own world mate, i canna carry this on much longer, the wiseman and opinions bit i cant be arsed explainin, maybe i was moving too fast for your dumbshit brain, i do kid myself, the real world is a cruel ans sick place, its a lot easier for me to live this way. plc businesses, ooohhhh, scarey, once they all bust, who's gonna be around, the real fans, nae you, glory huntin bastard. me grow up, dont think too highley of yourself.
Er no if a PLC busts it usually is the end of the club - Your ability to hold a discussion is as limited as your knowlesge of football and taking cheap shots at me on a forum shows your either 8 or a sterio typical cybernut who acts big and hard on a forum throwing your weight about.

Anyone reading your posts must HONESTLY think you are on drugs as you talk the most amount of dribble - Ajax bigger than Barca - lol

I do think highly of myself as I am one of lifes achievers yet you cant even type correctly and think Ajax and Bayern are bigger clubs than Barca and Man Utd - you clearly are one deluded and proberbly jobless loser!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Fergie should buy Owen Hargreaves as we could do with his engine in the middle of the park. We could have done with someone like him in the Milan game. With the great attaking players we have, we need his steel to hold us together in the middle.
We should also buy an exciting winger in the form of Nani or Ribery(these 2 are class)
We definitely need a world class striker : Berbatov/Eto'o/Huntelaar/Torres. I would be very pleased if we bagged one of these guys.

If we could get Bale also that would be great. We could loan him back out for a year or two to gain more experience. He has the potential to become the best left back in the world
Agreed 100% exactly what I put earlier although I am not sure on the price for Bale as he is a lot of money for a untested player in a position we have 3-4 people currently who can play it.

7 million + when we have Heinze, Evra, O'Shea and Silvestre who can do it seems poor business sense to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
Agreed 100% exactly what I put earlier although I am not sure on the price for Bale as he is a lot of money for a untested player in a position we have 3-4 people currently who can play it.

7 million + when we have Heinze, Evra, O'Shea and Silvestre who can do it seems poor business sense to me.
Thats a valid point. We are flush in the left back department right now but in the long term(say 5 yrs) I see Evra as being the only world class player out of those 4 and I have a hunch that wherever Bale will end up, be it Spurs or wherever that he could easily be a greater force. I agree that he is still untested to some degree. He is still only 17 though and an international. Also he is a free kick specialist, which we could definitely do with. Ronny has scored a couple this season but when he steps up to take one you can almost predict that he will put it in the wall or put it in row Z. Ronny has an interesting technique and when it works IT WORKS but his %'s are quite bad. He is no Beckham or Irwin in the free kick department and that is where I think Bale could make a difference. He has scored some amazing free kicks this year.
You are right that we dont need Bale for next season but If we missed out we could really regret it. If we could get his signature and loan him out for a couple of seasons it would be great. Just look at Simpson and Evans. Im hoping they spend another year at Sunderland as their progress has been remarkable. We need the best young players at united. If we got Bale alongside those 2 and our current lot we would have great defenders for the next decade or so.
I cant wait for next season to start already after the disappointment of losng the FA cup final. I was totally sickened but Im trying to look at the positives, like our fantastic team. Im thinking we could catch Liverpools tally of 18 titles in the next 3/4 seasons and THAT gives me hope. cant wait :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Yep Bale is a interesting prospect but if we buy him now he wont play and its £7 mil out of the transfer kitty. I agree we should not lose out on him but we need the dosh for other players who will make the starting 11 for our defence next season in my oppinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
my god u are a dumb shit, I am not a european footballing legend or wiseman and the list was my own opinion, im entitled to it, i prefer ajax to munich, and??? Barca have always been underdogs to madrid, and i didnt think they warranted a place in my top 5, any team who thinks so highley of themselves to refuse a shirt sponsor doesnt prove their in a league of their own, it proves they are smug and dumb, not qualities i rate. Chelsea are a joke, even if they do win on saturday
Where do I start.
your top 5 is a joke. yes you are entitled to your own opinion but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually agreed with you. Your list is a list of who has won the european cup the most times except you left Liverpool out. Madrid won most of theirs in the 50's and Ajax in the 70's so you wouldnt really call them big forces in Europe at this moment in time. Bayern should barely make the top 10 and Ajax??? They shouldn't even be in the top 15. As much as it pains me, Liverpool and Chelsea should be up there as well as Inter and Juve. I am shocked at your exclusion of Barca. They have finished higher than Madrid for the past 3 seasons and have been far better than them. They are also European Champions and have got great players. I'm disgusted that you think they are smug and dumb for refusing a shirt sponsor. Barca fans are extremely proud of their Catalan heritage and history. The supporters have always fought to protect the purity of their shirt. A couple of years ago they were offered record money to have a sponsor on their shirts but they declined the offer. A shirt logo may not mean much to others but in Barcas case it could mean the ultimate betrayal. But last summer they agreed a deal with Unicef. Barca's club motto is "more than a club", which is apt. Barca will be DONATING $2 million a year to Unicef which will benefit many children in the developing world. The first year's donation will support programmes in Swaziland aimed at preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, providing treatment of paediatric AIDS, preventing HIV infection among adolescents and protection, and providing care and support for children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS.
Smug and dumb?
I dont think so.
 
61 - 80 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top