Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
At last you said something good.

Irrespective of the fact it was not my point. I just expect people to post informed views and support them.

Anyhow back to the subject:

We need a striker big time to replace Nistleroy (cup final showed us this) and since Chelsea's uber millions SAD has rightly kept his cards close to his chest as we have been out bid on the following so far

Essien
Roben
Ballack
Mikel

Granted I would not want any of them atm but still we need a striker and the no news at all is pretty frustrating for a fan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think we need 3 players .....just no more
1)owen hary:he is a perfect player in da perfect place
2)nani or lenon or downing>>>>>>left winger i hope lenon
3)torres or tevez or m.owen or d.bent(perfect stricker) but i dont want a st like rood van nis (just stauing neer the gk waiting the basses) i want a st who can plays out of the 18 place exactly like rooney

and good luck 4 Man UNITED

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont think bent is Utd level and Aguero could be good although he is just that little bit too young I think maybe - not 100% sure.

Torres or someone like that would be good - I have no objections to a goal hanger though as we miss the poacher skills of a player like Van Nistleroy in his prime.

Would have helped us in the fa cup I think. I would rather that style of player an expert finisher than another rooney.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
we have got hargreaves in the bag he will play a vital midfield roll, and the striker i think would fit in best would be berbatov as he is pure class and he has had experience playing in england after all he plays for tottenham.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
we aint getting berb. Aguero's young but so was Wayne Roony. its a gamble like Wilcott or Robinho but with SAF i think Aguero can turn in to a cross between Wayne Roony and Ruud Rvn

Augero is a talent but its a bigger risk I think as Rooney played in the premiership and Walcott was was english league player. Robinho I would not be too keen on dutch players have a similar league to us in that is physical so Huntelar would be good.

Berb would be but not a the price the press is talking about I would pay £15m for him tops and I think Huntelar would be better - Aguero could be good but he is a risk and wont be cheap.

I would risk it though as he is a an exciting prospect, Would go for Torres or Huntelar before Augero though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
D.Bent- I dont think he is a Man Utd level striker would be better off at Villa alongside Crew

Aguero- He alredi have a skillfull quick striker in rooney so would be too lgical to be playing to of the same.

Bebratov- My favourite choice but is not going to happen will be staying at white heart lane

Torres- Young Quck Powerful Good In Air Skillfull, however to hi own high standards he has ahd a rele poor season so dnt knw if it put fergie off but if it is only a one of f seaosn i would be the biggest fan of this move. And as i read eariler this season as Torres is a big player for Nike and showing them off they weere planning to pay some of the transfer for him so that they could have rooney ronaldo n torres together for a publicity ploy for themselves so they could make more money not sure if tru tho...

Huntelaar- Same age as torres this guy is lyk a younga duplicate of RVN...scored 60 goals in 74 appearances 4 Ajax...could cost around £15 mill...would be in my eyes the most value for money and shud deffinalty try as Ajax have been resound to losing him...

Nani- Good young player should sign...to cover giggs

Rafael Van Der Vaart...my fav choice to balance out the midfield and be an xact replacement for Giggs...if not wanted to sover giggs then have him signed to cover scholes as he is an AM so is exact replacement there too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
When the hell is Fergie going open his war chest? If last season is anything to go by, it will be another AGONISING summer of frustration for United fans. Okay, we have al but got Owen Hargreaves, but again this is going to drag on to next week until all the minor details have been sorted.

Rumour has it, Huntelaar is staying at Ajax to "develop" and he would be the number one target for me, he is a goal machine in the form of RVN and although we racked up an impressive goals for tally this season, i very much doubt we will be able to manage that next season. Remember Rooney and Ronaldo went through the season relatively injury free, what would happen if one or both would be injured next season... you see what happened to Arsenal and Thierry Henry.

Forget Eto'o he quite fancies himself in a Liverpool shirt anyway. No to Ibrahimovic although skillful is pretty lazy. I would have liked to see Dimitar Berbatov in a United shirt. We would rule Europe. Remember how we would have dominated Europe if we had got Shearer back in the day? I believe the Berbatov signing would have a similar impact.

If United let Heinz go, it will be a travesty... okay he is nearing the age of 30 and some say he hasn't been as consistant as his 1st season but he is one of only a few United players who wears their heart on their sleeve (namely Rooney, Scholes Smith and Vidic) unlike Rio, poser Kieran Richardson and occasionally Carrick. Heinz did very well when called upon to play centre half for the last few months of the season.

In summing up my rant, while the likes of Spurs (Bale) Pompey (Muntari) and Newcastle get their shopping list in early, I would like Fergie to act quickly to avoid a repeat of the agony of 'will he' 'wont he' splash the cash. Don't forget Spurs are tracking Nani too! Thinking back before the end of the transfer window I was watching sky sports news right up to 11.55pm still believing we would make a signing when there was a rumour someone had seen david trezeguet outside Old Trafford at 10.30pm. Funny eh?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It makes business sense not saying who we are targeting as we are no longer a PLC since the glazers took over we do not have to inform shareholders and the city analysts where we are planning to spend our money.

As a fan is sucks but Chelsea with the uber £££ have stole the march on us in the past so it make more sense to be cautious.

Berb aint gonna happen at all no way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can rel8 with ya there GH is king...as i was too sittin there for the whoel day inf ront of sky sports news thinkg man utd will have a big name on the list after waking up and realisng they let the two argentineians go to West Ham...so had big hopes of a big name...i would too like to see a big name come in early before other teams get a hearing of who they want and so thay can sign them...also this year Roman Abramovic has said it himself he dus nt want to spend anything on Chelsea rele this year as he has spent alot and is keepin his moeny and will invest a little to get a cuple signings so with chelsea mostly unactive and collecting their free treansfers of pizarro sidwell n alex,,,take the initive and sign the players as ac milan juventus real madrid barca n l'pool will b on 2 them if we do not

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Man Utd Brethen....Quagliarella is the truth...he is who we need..it is true, he is similar to rooney in that he's more of an attacker than a "striker" but o my word he has an eye for the spectacular and a sublime finishing touch to go with it...In Fact Im not going to say anymore..just take a look at this video...it does all the talking....in particular look at the last goal he scores ..a bicycle kick, but still lands on his two feet...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x108or_fabio-quagliarella-compilation

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Serbia said:
there is information in Serbian media that Man Utd wants young Michael Paouluci from Juventus! he is 21, and was on loan at Ascoli last season... I don;t know anything about him
Serbian Media ! I would expect English or Italian media or Spanish but Serbian !
Strange one to get hold of the story!

81 - 100 of 109 Posts