Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Argh we should get Quagliarella. I know hes just been brought, but maybe in the Summer or after next season we ought to get him, he looks brilliant.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Ashenkorren said:
At last you said something good.

Irrespective of the fact it was not my point. I just expect people to post informed views and support them.

Anyhow back to the subject:

We need a striker big time to replace Nistleroy (cup final showed us this) and since Chelsea's uber millions SAD has rightly kept his cards close to his chest as we have been out bid on the following so far

Essien
Roben
Ballack
Mikel

Granted I would not want any of them atm but still we need a striker and the no news at all is pretty frustrating for a fan.
We got £12 mil off chelsea for him, im certainly not complaining!! Getting £12 mil for a player that was cleary showing that he did not want to sign for us is good buisness imo.

Im happy with our signings so far, it'll be the icing on the cake if we get Tevez!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
We dont need anyone else apart from a good solid goalscorer. If Rooney picks up his game, then were sorted.

I'd like to see Quagliarella or Tevez come, either one will be amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
MiddRed said:
Who should SAF sign for the start of the new season? A couple of midfielders and a direct replacement for Ruud? Let me hear your views.
SAF should really be on west hams neck so he'll get the deal with Teverse because i think he would be good for the team

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Justice said:
We dont need anyone else apart from a good solid goalscorer. If Rooney picks up his game, then were sorted.

I'd like to see Quagliarella or Tevez come, either one will be amazing.
I said it before and I'll say it again........

With 123 goals in all competitions last season - why all the panic and furore to get an out and out goalscorer ????

This is the beauty of this current United team.......no one knows who will score, from where or when !!!!

How do you defend against that ?

An out and out goalscorer can be stopped easily by a half decent defence !!!!

I like the way every United outfield player scored last season - its more exciting to watch rather than relying on one scorer to save the day.

We relied too much on Van Nistelrooy - if he got injured we would have been up shit creek without a paddle - as things are right now we got no worries at all :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Its the classic English desire to have a nice old-fashioned centre-forward to score twenty a season and do pi**-poor celebrations and screw the fact that the whole team has to organise themselves around him. I was a big Ruud fan, great touch and great finisher but we were so predictable with him in the team. Last year, no one could figure out what was coming next, so many players storming the final third, lots of players who could shoot from distance, speed up both flanks, full backs and centre backs weighing in. Thats incredibly hard to play against. Look at what good it has done Arsenal playing everything to Henry, sure he was top goalscorer a few times but they couldnt make all their fancy passing and movement count. Drogba carried Chelsea but when teams negated his influence they were lost. We have it right now, I wouldnt want to go back to the old way, bring on the Flying Columns...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
rubberdecky83 said:
Its the classic English desire to have a nice old-fashioned centre-forward to score twenty a season and do pi**-poor celebrations and screw the fact that the whole team has to organise themselves around him. I was a big Ruud fan, great touch and great finisher but we were so predictable with him in the team. Last year, no one could figure out what was coming next, so many players storming the final third, lots of players who could shoot from distance, speed up both flanks, full backs and centre backs weighing in. Thats incredibly hard to play against. Look at what good it has done Arsenal playing everything to Henry, sure he was top goalscorer a few times but they couldnt make all their fancy passing and movement count. Drogba carried Chelsea but when teams negated his influence they were lost. We have it right now, I wouldnt want to go back to the old way, bring on the Flying Columns...

THANK YOU GOD FOR RUBBERDECKY83! Good on you man, I 100% agree, why can't a few numpties not see that! I have said it time and time again!;) That backs my point for not getting Huntelaar!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If we get Tevez then as far as I am concerned we are finished for the upcoming season. However, Brown, O'Shea, Bardsley or Simpson need to show that they can fill Gary Neville's shoes at right-back when he retires because otherwise we should be on the hunt for an understudy next summer.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Ok Ive changed my opinions. No more Ruud's :p
I say Tevez, but SAF has got to get that Kia Jooribichian out the way. He's just messing around.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts