Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've missed Gary Neville's steliness this season and we really do need him back to teach the young'uns how to tackle legally and still leave yur opponent bruising.

But at the same time, I would like a club captain who is fit enough to actually lift the a trophy (or hopefully tow or three) at the end of the season.

Gary;s fitness and form will be big question marks, so I'm wondering if Sir Alex should give Rio the captaincy from the start.

Giggsy's form has been atrocious and having your captain play that badly can only be harmful to the team, obviously. ;)

In addition, Rio has been playing much better and this season has actually learned to concentrate for 90 minutes.

What do you guys think? Should SAF let Rio wear the captain's armband?

It does more for him than Gary, and RD thinks it would do even more for Rio if it were pink.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Red Devil said:
Its up to Fergie but the CLUB CAPTAIN is Gary Neville that means more than just an armband on matchday.
You feelin ok? Twice in a row, its up to Fergie. It's not y'know, its up to the player and his state of mind, if he isn't mentally strong enough he wouldn't be considered.

Our discussion here surrounds who we, the fans, think should be the captain, and no we don't mean the armband wearer.

I'd give it to Rio. For long-term future of the club. His leadership has been immense this season, whilst we have missed Gaz's voice.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
You post two threads on speculative thoughts when you know the answer all along - its got nowt to do with us - its ...........................

down to Fergie.

Until Gary retires, he is club captain. he has done nowt to deserve being stripped of it and, as for next season, who knows?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's not my thread this one.
Isn't the whole point of a forum/discussion board to discuss our thoughts on absoloutley anything?
The club captain is leading us at the moment, and hasn't done for the best part of a whole season. We are consdiering the long term wealth of the team, not just next season, or next week. I think it's possible he'll have compeition for a place in the start, and to deny WES the chance of that, is an injsutice to the hard work he put in this season, and his contract extension.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Neville full stop he is the organiser of all sorts of things within the club and also a leader on the pitch if not him it has to be rio

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Nex season the order should be as follows (IMO):

1. Gary Neville
2. Rio Ferdinand
3. Edwin Van Der Sar
4. Wayne Rooney
5. Ryan Giggs

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Rio is the man for the job.
I think gary will find it hard to get his place back off Wes.
You need a captain who is there every game. Rio is a rock, the last
line of defence, a leader and one of the best defenders in the world.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Give Giggs the captaincy for the next two games and let him lift both the thropies...I really want Neville to play a part in the EPL campaign because he hasn't featured yet...maybe a 90 min game vs Wigan? But that would mean he lifts it up? It is going to be interesting!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
fit captain gary.
i see no necessary changes to that.
when he is not on the pitch, giggs and ferdinand will wear the captain armband. but neville will always be the captain in the dressing room

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
if gary is fit then he should be captain but we will mostly buy a RB and neile may not play that much....and giggsy has been awful this season...so ferdinand seems to be the obvious choice i think....

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
its time for rio to take over the captaincy ,if you asked me this at xmas i would never have picked rio ,but the way he has held the defence together and led the team over the last 3 months has proved he is the man for the job.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
rio
i thought he should of been captin instead of nevile
hes just proving my point
another point whos going to be captain for the final
i see it as giggs but personlly thats just another insult to rio if hes not

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Rio is certainly the future captain of Manchester United and should be England captain as well. He is the best defender in the world at the moment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts