Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering why is it that most players always say they want to play for chelsea , real, barca etc but utd dont get many players saying they want to join utd.

were the biggest and best surely there should be a line of players wanting to put the united top on

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
-zuco- said:
Players say they want to play for whoever will offer them the most money.
I wouldn't agree with that, most foreign player want to go to clubs like milan and madrid as they are the most prestigious clubs in europe. You don't find many players turning them down as they also tend to pay good wages as well.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
when united go in for players they usually say "it's a great honour etc"
i would say that everyone would like to play for a team like us.
naturally some support others and so matching us against them may be a no hoper. but if you asked most players before they made it at a certain club, im sure you'd get a pretty good response

"Ask all the players in the country which club they would like to play for and 99% would say 'Manchester United'. The other 1% are liars" - Gordon McQueen

:D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
it's a vry true thread epsecially at the moment in the modern game, however in the last couple of days kaka, and sergio ramos have talked up possible moves to united so may we're just being paranoid about the big players not wanting to come/stay

·
Banned
503 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I wouldn't agree with that, most foreign player want to go to clubs like milan and madrid as they are the most prestigious clubs in europe. You don't find many players turning them down as they also tend to pay good wages as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -zuco-
Players say they want to play for whoever will offer them the most money.

In both ways your right in which i agree with you both :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I remember that Vidic wanted to join United on first place,before he came to Spartac Moscow.It was,maybe,6-7 years ago and he was Red Star cap then.Fergie was interested to bring him in Manchester,but he didn't made the real offer so Nemanja went in Moscow.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
In the South America, the Spanish and Italian giants get an amazing amount of press coverage and air time. I was told that in Brazl everyone follows Barcelona on top of their local favourites. Young players growing up in these countries, ream of playing for Madrid, Barca, Juve and AC Milan. (not Inter).

I don't think they grow up dreaming about playing for Tottenham or Portsmouth.

Manchester United and maybe, just maybe, Liverpool might sneak into their day dreams once in a while, but only for a few.

From what I read, Carlos Tevez is such a player. He was fined for wearing a man utd jersey during a training session while playing in Brazil.

The other factor is money.

You're either going to chose one of Spanish or Italian giants for their history and prestige or their money.

I think Kaka talking up a move to Man Utd is a very good thing. He wants to be in a team where he can achieve things, but he wants to be in a team that play good football.

Ramos saying positive is also great. It's telling you that all that glitters is not gold.

Players in Spain have to deal with intense media scrutiny even more than in ENgland.

With the success that Man Utd have enjoyed over the past 15 years, I wouldn;t be surprised if the youn prodigies rising through the ranks now are dreaming of Man Utd instead of Madrid.

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
In the South America, the Spanish and Italian giants get an amazing amount of press coverage and air time...................
I have nothing left to say but have to say so as a compliment to your post.:)

Think you covered all grounds.:p

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
manchester united if based in southern spain would be everyones first choice . the weather puts many players off . sun sangria and latin lovelies or rain lager and manc mooses ? mmmmm tough one that . if you is a manc lass and not a moose accept my apologies . if you are a moose lose the lard lady--- harry ramsdens just say no !!!!

ronaldo was going to be a newcastle player but he took one night on the bigg market and realised he could never fit in where the women could beat him at arm wrestling and seas of vomit lapped at his feet and a four legged dog was a visitor

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
haggler said:
manchester united if based in southern spain would be everyones first choice . the weather puts many players off . sun sangria and latin lovelies or rain lager and manc mooses ? mmmmm tough one that . if you is a manc lass and not a moose accept my apologies . if you are a moose lose the lard lady--- harry ramsdens just say no !!!!

ronaldo was going to be a newcastle player but he took one night on the bigg market and realised he could never fit in where the women could beat him at arm wrestling and seas of vomit lapped at his feet and a four legged dog was a visitor
You're a genius!!!

Ya England is notoriously difficult to attract THE top talent ...

However it now being the best league in the world with significantly more money, I think the transition may take a while to sink in and as United and the other top English teams make it to the CL final year in year out players will start to take notice and start favouring moves to the Premiership as opposed to Spain or Italy!!

the weather is a big factor, also the many big names who have failed is a worry for many players who fear for their reputations..

Maybe the global warming will help United's cause!! ha!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Unfortunately Manchester doesn't offer the lifestyle of Milan, Madrid, Barcelona or even London & therefore doesn't hold the appeal to many players.

But just ask yourself whether you would want a player who is more interested in the Climate/Clubs/Women than playing for a Truly Great club & winning trophies, I know I wouldn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who wants to play for United? Not in my country sad to say.
I'm from the Philippines, and apparently almost all of the folks here love basketball. But if you ask some of them if they know football, they'd got either that helmet, hold-ye-ball bulls**te game from the Americans or plainly "soccer." (I hate it! grrr...)

For those who are fortunate enough to know footy, they would keep on ranting and cheering for Real Madrid because David Beckham came there or Posh Spice...or Barcelona because we either had the similar flag colours or had a half-bloodied countryman who played for that club in the 1900's. His name? Paulino Alcantara.

I have some football pals (as I call them), and I'm doing my best to convince them that Man Utd is the best football club there is. Its hard to do, especially if they're wearing RM or Arsenal shirts. Even my brother is an Arsenal fan, and sister goes for Liverpool! But at least they're not ranting against my fave club! ;p

I was able to read some internet threads that some players like Kaka and Raul once dreamt of playing for the club, but I'm not even sure if that's for real! As for me, I'd rather look on to the young hot prospects who will always look forward to play for the club no matter what. The big names will always change their minds, but nurtured ones? I'm sure they'll want their arses stuck on red-coloured Manc ground, that's for sure! :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Yotix_Utd08 said:
hold-ye-ball bulls**te game
You said you had been watching this place for a while.

Then surely you know we have a strict no swearing policy.

This is to protect our younger members from such language.

So take note please ... ;)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Manchester is a hard adjustment to make from South America. Keep in mind that Spain is also the official language everywhere barring Brasil.

Even in Brasil it's easier to switch from Portuguese to Spanish than to English. Plus English cooking scares people who actually have functioning tastebuds. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts