Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its fairly obvious now that Giggs's time on the left wing is up, so i assume i replacement will be bought.

Who's your money on? Who would you like?

I's be pleased if we got either Ashley Young, Franck Ribery or David Silva

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ribery would be the best. David Silva doesn't want to leave Spain so he's probably out of the question. Drenthe would be a better value than Young since English players are typically more expensive for no discernible reason.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
I am actually at the point where I would rather get rid of a player than buy one. We don't need to strengthen anywhere.
I agree that we have a large squad but i think we maybe need another top winger... its the only place in the squad i feel short on!!

Ribery for me..... it wont happen though!
So play Welbeck on the wing next season;)

·
Banned
292 Posts
Aiden McGeady has many similarities to a young Ryan Giggs and if he is in a major club with quality players around him I am confident he can take his performance to the next level and be a top class player.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Richie said:
Its fairly obvious now that Giggs's time on the left wing is up, so i assume i replacement will be bought.

IF we were to buy a player then Id pick one of the 3 you picked actually.
Perfect choices. My preference would be Ribery or Young.
Schweinsteiger is also a good player I would consider.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Richie said:

What is a Nani? Is that a fruit?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Well, IF Nani doesn't claim the spot then I'm 100% for Frank Ribery.

He's a class player, who can turn a game in a heart beat and an exclelent player to watch. Above all, he is a great team player - something this current squad could use.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would prefer to buy good left back and to see if Evra could play as a winger. He is fast, has the dribble , pace , technique ...

Would choose Ribery if we need to buy a winger

·
Registered
99 Posts
With all due respect to ribery & silva, i personally do not think united need somebody like that. We already have players who bring to table very similar attributes. I do not see anyone who is well known out there at the moment, who is better than what we have already. I think, a exiciting left-footed youngster is what we need to excite the fans. There are a few abroad i can mention, but its just name dropping. I truthfully feel we have good scouts, & when the time comes, sir alex will make the right decision.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
young or downing , i think fergie will go british on this one.
nani hasnt done much to convince that he would be the best replacement for giggs.
young would be my favorite for the posistion, hes got everything you need in a winger.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I'd like Silva.

Though I dont expect us to buy anyone in midfield anytime soon . Nani and Park will do the job I hope :p

Z

·
0 Posts
thekeanefella said:
young or downing , i think fergie will go british on this one.
nani hasnt done much to convince that he would be the best replacement for giggs.
young would be my favorite for the posistion, hes got everything you need in a winger.
Please no, I'll cut off my arm before we sign that over rated pile of crap.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts