Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
I would prefer to buy good left back and to see if Evra could play as a winger. He is fast, has the dribble , pace , technique ...

Would choose Ribery if we need to buy a winger

You are absolutely joking. You are having a laugh.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Nav21 said:
With all due respect to ribery & silva, i personally do not think united need somebody like that. We already have players who bring to table very similar attributes. I do not see anyone who is well known out there at the moment, who is better than what we have already. I think, a exiciting left-footed youngster is what we need to excite the fans. There are a few abroad i can mention, but its just name dropping. I truthfully feel we have good scouts, & when the time comes, sir alex will make the right decision.

Who do we currently have, has very similar attributes to Franck Ribery?

I agree that a left-footed speed demon, who can cross would be great. Nani is right-footed and always needs to adjust his body to cross.

not to mentionm he constantly stops to do useless tricks.

If we can get a player like I describe above, he could create competition for Nani and either Nani will have to improve or Nani will become a sub for life, albeit a useful one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
End of the day, i lay money on it, that ribery will not join united in the future. The team he would join if he decides to leave would be barcelona, (or maybe arsenal).
If we buy a big name player, were does that leave nani. has been playing back-up for year & a bit now, you would expect when giggs retires, that he at least will get a chance to prove he can be first-team quality. My point, nani first-team. Unknown young winger-back up.You cannot lose this way, if nani or the youngster doesn't cut, then we will have to buy a big name winger. But if we buy a ribery or silva now, & they don't cut it, nani would probarby leave cause he's not playing regurlary, & you have a flop in the team. It make sense to bide our time about this, we have good players already.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ribery have snub us before......So dont bid him....Then this player would say he's close to sign for Manchester United in the up coming year......Marcos Senna, Juan Roman Riquelme both regret for not signing for us......We dont need any Giggs replacement as we has the full backup in the right or left wing side in that midfield area....Ronaldo can play on the left or right same goes to Nani....What the point searching for another player to replace Giggs.....

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
like almost more than half of the forum im not sold on nani, he is extremely talented but I still think we should bring in another player who can maybe give him a bit of competition, maybe I'm being biased, but deportivo la coruna's andres guardado is a very nice talent that could come in cheap. another is ashley young who imo will be a star in the future although he would come for a big price imo.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Well, IF Nani doesn't claim the spot then I'm 100% for Frank Ribery.

He's a class player, who can turn a game in a heart beat and an exclelent player to watch. Above all, he is a great team player - something this current squad could use.
our squad looks like a wes craven movie already with tevez rooney and fletcher adding scarface to the line up would be plain wrong . we need a pretty player maybe van persie will swap to us - wolf boy fabregas must be ruled out for same reason as ribery . there is bound to be a young man in portugal or spain who looks good in a mankini we could sign -- think about the calander sales will you .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Personally for me it is Ribery who has the best qualities to go with our squad. He has the determination and work rate to fit right in, he never goes missing when his teams are behind he is the one demanding the ball trying to turn things around, he can dribble, pass and has scored 6 in 8 in the bundesliga this season, while still not too old either. Probably will cost like 30-35 mill though i reckon.

Silva is a phenominal player who makes endless assists through crosses and passes, aswell as scoring a few, but he seems unlikely to leave spain.

Ashley young is superb in terms of his end product, so many crosses put on people's heads, but im not sure he has the movement to fit our free flowing system.

Also talk in another thread about that serbian left winger (not little kaka) who i haven't seen nearly enough of, but that seemed to be suggesting he is being considered as a target

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
it is a hard one.. young has been performing great this season and always like him when he was playing at watford. and bayern munich wont let ribery go and silva wants to play in spain. young just signed a new deal so it will be harder to get him.

·
Banned
875 Posts
spellbound said:
Maybe the TS wants another buy in the summer:p

Hm...so Nani is down the list with Tosic coming...should we keep Nani???
yeh i think we should keep him another year and see how he performs if he keep perform poorly we should seel him :D now tosic is definetily gonna be our next Ryan Giggs :D evra and him will play amazing down left side

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
spellbound said:

Nope its okay my question has been answered!

And yes we should keep Nani. Yes its become apparent he's not ready to be a regular starter quite yet, and that he hasn't pregressed as quickly as we thought he would; but aparently (according to ferguson) he is mentally very young for his age, so i think maybe not being thrown in at the deep end could help him mature as a footballer and a person so one day maybe he will reach his potential, but for now he is still a very useful impact player off the bench.

·
23,699 Posts
spellbound said:

This is something very serious and thought-provoking indeed.....

Will the boy eventually come good? Can he really realise his talents and potential like we all know he has? But how long will it take? How long will he need? Is he willing to change in the first place eg his attitude towards the game and the team? Can he improve on his decision making on the pitch? What is taking him so long? Even if we were to offload him, is there any reasonable taker at this current form of his? Can't he just wake up his ideas?! What is wrong with him?!! :mad: :D

Seriously now, if Tosic is anywhere near as good as we see in the videos, especially his long shots and free kicks (you either can or you can't for such skills but have not seen his wing play, attitude etc), and if Nani does not break through soon enough, I am afraid Nani will have to play backup instead, with Ronaldo sealing the other wing spot of course.

That would be sad and a waste indeed for such a multi-talented Nani. But then again, the best man should be playing for United.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
@ versa

Don't think Fergie is willing to keep a 13million pound player as backup for too long. Satay boy better step up his game or he's out of OT.

He needs to realize that Man Utd is bigger than Cristiano Ronaldo. He needs to play for his team that's how to impress. Not play to impress.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts