Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the next 3 matches should VDS fail to recover ? and who will be our deputy GK ? good thing our next 4-5 matches are at home soil against "weaker teams"
i doubt foster will be forced...and heaton ? is he any good?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think Foster WILL be used... He played the full 90 for the Reserves so that suggests he is fit enough for such a critical situation... This is a goalkeeper we're talking about, he doesn't have to run around the pitch for the whole game, Foster should be able to handle it. And plus, we play Derby next so it should be an easier game than most (fingers crossed), so hopefully it will be a nice and easy return for Ben back to action. I would rather have a half-fit Foster against Derby than a 100% Heaton, I'll tell you that much. It's not that I reckon that Heaton is poor, but HE IS very unexperienced and so I'd take my chances with Foster instead.

·
Registered
248 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
for the next 3 matches should VDS fail to recover ? and who will be our deputy GK ? good thing our next 4-5 matches are at home soil against "weaker teams"
i doubt foster will be forced...and heaton ? is he any good?
Foster will do it, lol. You do know the 3rd game is against liverpool...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Foster can easily step up to the plate if needs be.
Remember he had 2 seasons at Watford and he was usually
their busiest player. He has played against loads of top strikers
as well so I wouldnt be a bit worried if he came in, especially not
against the likes of Derby and Bolton.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The great dane said:
Van der sar will play.
Fergie wont risk foster.
Whats the risk? he has played 90 minutes already.....
Its not as if he will be lamping it around the pitch all day.....

anyway Vds could still be injured :confused:
i havent heard an update but if he was bad enough to go off at HT
then he may well miss the next few games.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Foster will be used. If VDS is not 100% fit, he won't be played. And its more risky playing VDS than Foster atm.

Foster seems to be fit, while VDS is injured, so you've got more chance Foster playing than VDS.

And Foster is a better goalkeeper than Heaton. (Well, from what I've seen)

But this could be the making of Foster. He could come in, be absolutely amazing, and Sir Alex may not be able to drop him. I can just imagine him playing against Liverpool and putting on a wondershow.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Without doubt I think Foster will play against Derby and Bolton, if Van Der Sar isn't fit. If he can get a couple of games under his belt, and hopefully a couple of cleen sheets, Foster should be ready to play against Liverpool. But in an ideal world, I would like VDS in there for his experience

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
jd_united said:
Without doubt I think Foster will play against Derby and Bolton, if Van Der Sar isn't fit. If he can get a couple of games under his belt, and hopefully a couple of cleen sheets, Foster should be ready to play against Liverpool. But in an ideal world, I would like VDS in there for his experience
Yeah. I agree. But it would be refreshing to see Foster really put in a good performance so its hard for Sir Alex drop him.

But if he plays well, I think he should be kept in, if he is fit enough to continue playing.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'd pick Foster. He's got a good defense playing in front of him, unlike at Watford so against derby, he shouldn't have too much to do anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
vds is the fav rite now but i think fergie will give foster a chance but hope vds is bak for the liverpool match cause torres is in top form rite now

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
^Torres?? Owned by Rio & slaughtered by Vida @ Anfield.....so what do ue actually expect of him @ Old Trafford?? :rolleyes: I hve faith that Foster can keep a clean sheet against the BinDippers in that particular fixture. I believed Benny won't be disappoint us!! :cool:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
red_devils4life said:
^Torres?? Owned by Rio & slaughtered by Vida @ Anfield.....so what do ue actually expect of him @ Old Trafford?? :rolleyes: I hve faith that Foster can keep a clean sheet against the BinDippers in that particular fixture. I believed Benny won't be disappoint us!! :cool:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed! :D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Why does nobody think Kuszczak will play? He's fit and has been 2nd choice all season. I know everyone has high hopes for Foster but straight out of injury? I'm just curious as to why nobody seems to realise that Fergie will play Kuszczak for sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts