Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
If we get Tevez then he is our best bet, but in all honesty and choking myself to say it, i think it could be 'diving, cheating Drogba' again.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Take the equational quotient of twice the half of one and a half, divide by two, add your age and perm any result by the length of time it has been since Citeh last won anything and the answer is quite easy - buggared if I know!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm surprised by the amount of people going for Berbatov?
He's not a good shout for top goalscorer IMO, he will def get a good few but I reckon Benni or Torres are better shouts or Dirty Diving Drogba.
Hopefully Roon, Ron and Tevez will all get lots and lots.
Top 10
Tevez
Rooney
Ronny
Scholes
Anderson
Nani
Giggs
Rio
Park
Van Der Sar

·
Registered
34 Posts
all the out an out goalscorers have gone now,

owens crap/injured
henry, RVN, shearer have all gone..

i can't see anyone getting near 25 PL goals this season, i'm sure it'll be a close race between a few again

·
Registered
131 Posts
With Drogba off at the african nations for a month (though he and some others might conveniantly pick up 'injuries' that will keep them over here), i can only see Berbatov getting around the 20+ mark. In saying that though, I believe with Rooney playing more up front so as not to accomodate another striker, we'll see his most prolific season yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think tevez if he comes... Torres is spanish so he wont be too good and he is more a player that scores spectacular goals rather than being a spectacular goal scorer... and you all saw how many goals Arsenal could have scored and i think that a roughie could be their new signing Eduardo Da Silva that puts every he gets into the old onion bag... agree?
1. Da Silva, 2. Rooney, 3. Tevez, 4. Drogba, 5. Berbatov, 6.Torres, 7.Ronaldo, 8.Viduka, 9. McCarthy, 10. Lampard

·
Registered
34 Posts
I.R.baboon said:
If we sign Tevez, He will
1. Tevez
2. Rooney
neither tevez or rooney are out an out goalscorers , i doubt they ever will be, they're playmakers that play off a main striker

i' sure with ronaldo, rooney and tevez we'll get 15 goals or more in the out of each of them in the PL which is plenty if the rest of the team chips in with a fair share.

take your blinkers off people :rolleyes:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mruk said:
neither tevez or rooney are out an out goalscorers , i doubt they ever will be, they're playmakers that play off a main striker

i' sure with ronaldo, rooney and tevez we'll get 15 goals or more in the out of each of them in the PL which is plenty if the rest of the team chips in with a fair share.

take your blinkers off people :rolleyes:
r u kidding???? Rooney had a bad year and still came in the top 5 scorers... people who score hat-tricks are out and out goals scorers... u no nothing!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nirk said:
r u kidding???? Rooney had a bad year and still came in the top 5 scorers... people who score hat-tricks are out and out goals scorers... u no nothing!
Rooney may have come in the top five but he wasnt exactly firing on all cylinders. Its a hard one to call, whether or not he can be called an out and out goalscorer, he is not selfish in the classic lead striker manner but he does get lots of chances. In one-on-ones last year he was abysmal, he missed enough chances to make the top three easily. However, I still think he is going to be used (and in a way by his nature) as a link player, he brings midfielders into it and makes gaps for the 2nd striker.

There is no question that if he delivered his form more regularly, he could get past 20, he tends to score in two's and three's and then do nothing for a few weeks.

In general though over the past nine successful title winning seasons, United have never really needed a player to score 20+ as our midfield always chipped in with a good few and we have always had more than two strikers being rotated. At the end of the day, I would be surprised if any of the United players topped the pile at the end of the season and I wouldnt be annoyed either.

I think the guy who picked Da Silva might be right but it wont with the Gunners the league...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nirk said:
Ruud, shearer, cole, owen ...were out an out strikers, :rolleyes: rooney passes the ball unselfishly when he sees a player in a better position

the reason why rooney cam in the top 5 was there was hardly anyone else banging them in, if he spent time being a selfish goalscorer it'd be a waste of his talents elsewhere
out an out goalscorers spend most of their time in the box waiting for the ball... apart from henry who had to go and get the ball himself as the rest of arsenal were sh*te

1 - 20 of 20 Posts