Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rio is injured and Giggs doesn't play as often anymore. He may not play tomorrow.

Van der Sar was captain against Wigan, but surely he won't lift it?

Would Giggs and Rio come on to lift it even if they don't play?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'd say Giggs will be on the pitch when the final whistle is blown,
so if we are to win the Title tomorrow I would expect Giggs to lift it.

Still Gary Neville is the official club captain and Rio has took charge a lot this season,
so they will both be there too I would imagine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure Gaz Neville is stll the club captain so if Giggs and Rio don't play and either does Nev then nev should lift it?

maybe all three could :p
I hope Nev doesn't lift it, he's barely contributed anything to our league position.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giggsy lifted it last year, Rio was captain...

I reckon Giggs will start and lift the trophy... if we are winning with 10 mins to go Gary might come on to lift it... he will hardly start after his roasting at the Emerites!
They lifted it together last season.

·
23,699 Posts
What a thread, worrying about who lifts the trophy. :rolleyes:

Simple. In the absence of Rio, Giggs will come in at least some point in the game if he does not start. The rest will be mere formalities.. :p

Or will Fergie throw in Gary, again, some point in the game just for the occasion? :eek:

Not so straightforward actually. Need to discuss here. :D

;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
SIR ALEXANDER CHAPMAN FERGUSON!​

Unorthodox, but Neville's missed almost the whole season and I'd be surprised if he even qualifies for a medal.
Giggsy lifted it last year.

Rio isn't officially the captain and isn't playing it on the day.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Agree with a few on here, Gary Neille shouldn't lift. Yeah he's been a loyal servant, but he hasn't featured enough ths season. Love to see Vidic lift it as he has been our best player this season by a long shot, but that won't happen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rio is injured and Giggs doesn't play as often anymore. He may not play tomorrow.

Van der Sar was captain against Wigan, but surely he won't lift it?

Would Giggs and Rio come on to lift it even if they don't play?
Why cant van der sar lift it? If e is captain e deserves to lift it, he has proved his worth this season.

Personally if e plays or not I think Giggsy will lift it anyway.
:first:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.