Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time last year we had 4 big new singnings..... Tevez, Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani!!! we had alot to look foward to!!!
This was sweet news to all united fans as we had already won the league the year before and these new signinigs really got us going!!
But i Anderson and Nani were bought to prob replace giggs and scholes. Last year was only a grooming season for the two exciting young players.
This year i expext to see alot more of them and want to see which of you think will shine for united!
Will these kids take th headlines or will it be left to Tevez and Rooney again!
Its time for these lads to live up to there name and price tags!!
imo i expect alot from Nani season and i think he can be great for us!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think nani will do well this year, he will play alot this season!!

it would be nice to see foster get a run of games

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think Rooney can step up this season and take his game to another level if he can stay fit all season and play in his favorite role behind a striker like Berbatov.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I always jinx players when i say its gonna ''be there year'' (i did it last year with nani but he was alright last year), so im going for dong lol. Hopefully nani anderson rooney and tevez have a good year. And of course the berb if we get him or any other striker for that matter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm suprised people speak so highly of Nani. Personally, I think he showed nothing last year that excited me. He scored a couple of good long range goals, but anyone can do that with a bit of luck.
Frankly, he lacks end product. He thinks he's better than he is, cant pass, cant cross, cant finish and lacks a bit of brain. That said, Ronaldo looked about the same earlier in his Utd spell, although oozed flair and potential.
Friends I have, fans of other clubs, scoff at Nani and his price tag and they too see not a lot from the lad.
Dont get me wrong, I will not fail to support him like I do all Utd players and hope he does go on to really improve his game.
But for £17million odd, he needs to be doing a lot better to justify that price tag.
The optimism on this forum for Nani, however, does do a little to raise my hopes for him.

Anderson on the other hand did show quality. He looks assured in possession and seems to have a good footballing brain. He appears to have a bright future, despite failing to hit the net for us thus far. Its not all about goals and he did add a bit of something to the team that I believe Nani did not.

As for Rooney, he undoubtedly has more gears to go up through and he will have a killer season sooner rather than later. Still a lot of people, fans of other teams, think he has not lived up to his early reputation but thats only because they look at the goals he scores (or doesnt).
Man Utd is a well oiled, fast paced attacking machine and it is Rooney that generally pulls a lot of the strings. His vision and creativity is up there with the best and if his goal tally begins to follow, he truely has the potential to shine.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes i agree nani hasnt looked like a 17mil price tag..... but i think he got 9 assists and 5goals in his first year and didn really get a chance to hold his place!
so even if he has a so called bad season as he did last year and and fergie plays him twice as much thats 18 assist and 10 goals. Thats up there with the best of them! He tends to do silly things like over run with the ball and try a trick or two too much but he has come from a nation of football where thats expected and loved! He said he will cut out the needless tricks this year.
I think he will be good!
i dont think other fans can talk..... how much did the pool buy babel for and he had a poor season.... Arsenal with Reyes and now club record signing of unknown Nasri, Ch£lsea with Shevchenko.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Shining!!!

Hey!!!

I think Nani and Anderson. They are becoming amazing players and should take Manchester United to the finals of the Premiership. Beating Chelsea 5:1 :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
abcdef said:
I'm suprised people speak so highly of Nani. Personally, I think he showed nothing last year that excited me. He scored a couple of good long range goals, but anyone can do that with a bit of luck.
Frankly, he lacks end product. He thinks he's better than he is, cant pass, cant cross, cant finish and lacks a bit of brain. That said, Ronaldo looked about the same earlier in his Utd spell, although oozed flair and potential.
Friends I have, fans of other clubs, scoff at Nani and his price tag and they too see not a lot from the lad.
Dont get me wrong, I will not fail to support him like I do all Utd players and hope he does go on to really improve his game.
But for £17million odd, he needs to be doing a lot better to justify that price tag.
The optimism on this forum for Nani, however, does do a little to raise my hopes for him.

Anderson on the other hand did show quality. He looks assured in possession and seems to have a good footballing brain. He appears to have a bright future, despite failing to hit the net for us thus far. Its not all about goals and he did add a bit of something to the team that I believe Nani did not.

As for Rooney, he undoubtedly has more gears to go up through and he will have a killer season sooner rather than later. Still a lot of people, fans of other teams, think he has not lived up to his early reputation but thats only because they look at the goals he scores (or doesnt).
Man Utd is a well oiled, fast paced attacking machine and it is Rooney that generally pulls a lot of the strings. His vision and creativity is up there with the best and if his goal tally begins to follow, he truely has the potential to shine.
Great post. I fully agree with your assessment of Nani. take today for instance,
he gave the ball away God knows how many times :rolleyes: he had one or
two moments of brilliance but he needs to be more consistent to really make
it at United. I think Anderson might find it tough this year, especially if all
the other midfielders are fit. Id like to seem him on the left instead of Nani
for the odd game or 2. I think he could do a job out there, similar to what
Hargreaves can do on the right.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Nani hasn't been worth 17m yet, no where close. I said this last season when we signed him and so many members got on my case. Still looks like he might become leathal, lets see how he is doing by the end of next season. he'll probably be playing good football!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts