Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reckon Chelsea fans will want Barca to get beaten heavily after that farce at Stamford bridge, so they'll be supporting us.

Not really sure about Arsenal fans.

Liverpool fans are obvious, they'd support Bin Laden if he was playing against us and the same goes for City :p

Over in Spain, Real Madrid will be supporting us.

Any other clubs fans who will be for us or against us?

Will the rest of the Premier League club just be hoping that the English team wins?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I think it depends on the type of fan. If he/she is a real die hard Arsenal/Everton etc fan then they will be going for Barca as their hate for us will come through. However, if it is just your normal run off the mill, English football supporter who isn't that much of a die-hard,then they will most definitely be supporting the English side regardless.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There a very few neutrals.

People underestimate just how hated we are across the world.
That's very true.
I reckon 90% of people that support an English club that ISNT United will be shouting for Barca to win.

Though saying that, Barca and United are probably the 2 most supported teams in the world.
We are both like Marmite.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
That's very true.
I reckon 90% of people that support an English club that ISNT United will be shouting for Barca to win.

Though saying that, Barca and United are probably the 2 most supported teams in the world.
We are both like Marmite.
Even foreign clubs are like that.

I know that a lot of Milan fans wanted Inter to actually beat us(probably 60% of the forum), while Barcelona fans consider us nearly as bad as Madrid.

Although Ejuve says different, from the Juve forums I've looked at they despise us also.

Though most users on these forums aren't Spanish/Italian. They are from all around the world, which may be a reason.

There excuse us that there is always a Manutd wankefest in there country and they hate our 'arrogant fans'. Not to mention the glory hunters whom they despise...

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think we get decent enough respect across the globe, we have a huge fan base across the world too.

I think neutrals will probably consider barcelona to play more 'true football' than us and will probably go for them but i think if we play with courage and our brand of football against barcelona, people wont say its a case of strenght won over football or anything, we'll get given our props should we win i think.

Pz!:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On a couple of big forums i go on (one with 140,000+ members, other with 30,000+members), both worldwide supporters of all teams, the support for United/Barca is about 50-50 on both boards.

Mostly Dippers/Bitters/Rentboys/Arsewipes are Voting Barca, other teams in all
English leagues are mostly United.

Overseas leagues teams are all split 50-50 really.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Nearly anyone will want Barcelona to win. English teams are too jealous to see us lifting the CL for the fourth time, and be the first team who successfully retains it in the year after whereas the others want a new team who wins it, just for the competition's sake itself.

Maybe, Barcelona's haters will favor us whom will mostly consist of Spanish fans.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I don't think either club are liked all that much, especially not us.

But i'd guess the Nuetrals would like to see Barcelona win, because they play the best football. :rolleyes:

Most Fans of English Clubs barring Liverpool and Citteh would probably want us to win.
Obviously there will be some Chelsea and Arsenal Fans that would want us to lose too, but maybe after what happenened to them - some Cheslea Fans will support us.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.