Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think I'll go Dutch & here's why. Though Netherlands didn't perform very well in Euro 04, they has a great tradition in world football. The Oranje has played some really attractive football and make the football into an art. Netherlands never has won the Fifa World Cup in the football history. But in each and every major international football tourmanents, the Netherlands is one of the favourite country due to their high-tempo, fluid-passing style of game. They play to win & entertain. They also possessed many talented players in terms of attacking-wise, such as Ruud van Nistelrooy, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Robin van Persie & Arjen Robben. I believe that the 'Total Footballers' has a great chance of emerging victorious this time round! ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
France all the way. Allez les Bleus.
My international side is France too.Here is why i think they will win:Mostly in international football,they have perform brilliantly against some of the major players in world football.They have a brilliant defence,which does'nt concede soft goals,a disciplined and dynamic midfield which attacks and well as it defends with some of the prodigies such as Ribery and Nasri looking to destroy the competition.Then they have the strike force up front, the zone that breeds class and quality such as Henry,the talismanic striker,Trezeguet,his partner in crime and they also have Benzema and Ben Arfa, the troublesome pair who look to be headed to glory in football.They have everything and i believe they will win the Next World Cup as well as Euro 08

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
ABG - Anyone But Germany :D

And it's not to do with the wars (we won those :) ), it's to do with the penalty shoot-outs (we lost those :( )

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i am not supporting..am an england fan and with them out of the competition :)rolleyes:) i dont feel like supporting anyone else.....
kinda like i dont watch fa cup after we went out

·
Registered
15 Posts
i personally feel that portugal will win mainly coz of their strength in depths down the flanks a solid back in creative hub in the middle with the like a nani,queresma,simao and ronaldo......as for the centre i feel deco, maniche, raul meireles and petit....a reasonable back line of meira carvalho bosingwa and ferriera.....i feel like they have been there and abouts in the last few tournaments reachin the semis at the last world cup and the final of the last euros in suprise circumstances........i feel their squad has matured

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I agree with chipolopolo but, portugal have no real goalscorer a bit like us (apart from ronny) as rooney and tevez are link players, but portugal don't even have that, there defence isnt the strongest but they stand a very good chance but at the moment you can't really say who i think we could get a shock!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I'm a true English fan and i wont be able to support another team and get behind them. Although i'll watch the tournament with interest, i will not have a vested interest so to speak on who wins.

I'm not a bitter person though and if Croatia or Russia win i will be slightly pleased. I'll probably support one of those two teams.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Other than England, my 2nd Team is Brazil.
I usually have 2 teams i support in any given competition. So in this case, I'll be rooting for our boys Ronaldo & Nani-Portugal and France because they've got such a rediculous amount of talented players to choose.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hrvatska will be my first team I support and then after them I will like any team that has a Man United player in it and I hope all of the Man United representatives have a great tournament!

·
Registered
245 Posts
spain....as a matter of players
attacking wise====torres, david villa, raul, xabi alonso, xavi
defending wise====puyol, sergio ramos
keepers====reina, casillas, valdes, canizares

so its gotta be espana

1 - 20 of 45 Posts