Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hmmm Fulham have some winnable games left but the majority of them are away from home so theres you answer for that i suppose.
But as for the other spot i really dont know!
Birmingham ? Wigan ? Newcastle ?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Derby, Fulham and between Birmingham, Sunderland, Nucastle or Bolton

Personally, i'd love to see Newcastle go down.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think everyone is in agreement that Derby are gone, so that leaves just two places left.

If Fulham can pick up their away form they may have a chance, but they need to improve away from home definatly if they are to stay up.

Newcastle's equaliser against Birmingham I think will be crucial, and I can see them getting stronger now after stopping the run of defeats.

It really is hard to say but I can see it being:

Derby (definate)
and...
Bolton
and...
Fulham

But I think any side that can put any sort of run together is in with a real chance of staying up. It's still quite early to say who is destined for the drop, so I'll come back to this one around mid-April time

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
lol :p
Although it would be slightly amusing they went down, they wont imo.
Far too many good players there to go down. They have problems
but they are far better than the teams around them. I expect them to
get a string of ok results which will lift them clear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Again would love the toon to go down, the so called messiah would have then been a great pick up for them.

But realistically i think that Derby, Fulham and Bolton (the current 3 ) will go down.

Everyone accetps Derby are gone

Fulham don't have it away from home and won't pick up enough points away in my opinion.

Bolton have a very tough run in and can't see them picking up enough points either.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
derby obviously are going DOWN.......then fulham...but if they start getting results like the everton one they will stay up....i think either newcastle,bolton or birmingham will go...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I reckon it'll be Derby, Fulham and Bolton.

If you look at Bolton's fixture list their next 5 games are against teams in the top 10 (United, City, Arsenal, Villa & West Ham). They then play Boro and Spurs away from home before a home tie v Sunderland, which could be crucial unless they're already down. If they need a result to stay up on the last day then they couldn't have picked a worse fixture - Chelsea away.

I tipped them to go down as soon as Megson took over and, whilst their form improved at first and they got a creditable draw v Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, I'm sticking with my original feeling.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
I reckon it'll be Derby, Fulham and Bolton.

If you look at Bolton's fixture list their next 5 games are against teams in the top 10 (United, City, Arsenal, Villa & West Ham). They then play Boro and Spurs away from home before a home tie v Sunderland, which could be crucial unless they're already down. If they need a result to stay up on the last day then they couldn't have picked a worse fixture - Chelsea away.

I tipped them to go down as soon as Megson took over and, whilst their form improved at first and they got a creditable draw v Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, I'm sticking with my original feeling.
I hope you are right Dwarf. I have a bad feeling about Sunderland and would
be heart broken if they went down. Keane needs that second season in the
top flight to get to grips with things. Id hate to see his managerial career go
up in smoke so soon. I think they will be too good to go down but they need
to start getting results sooner rather than later. Cmon Sunderland!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts