Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you think is going to shine in euro 08 ?

who's going to be the vilan ?

and who do you think united have got there eyes on

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
A few of the obvious one's will shine, like Ronaldo and Torres...
but I guess a lot depends on how well their particular teams do.....
Ribery and Benzema will be awesome as will players like Ruud .
I also think Henry will show he still has it.

Cant predict the villain yet.......have to wait and see who misses a peno
or gets sent off, so its impossible to call.
Hopefully it will be a Liverpool player though :)

United could be looking at a whole host of players......like Huntelaar and co...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Many will shine during this epic tourne! People like Jazz said - Ronaldo, Torres, Benzema etc. Not sure of the "baddys". Of course people like Hunt who United have been going after for some time now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
thatboyronaldo7 said:
Many will shine during this epic tourne! People like Jazz said - Ronaldo, Torres, Benzema etc. Not sure of the "baddys". Of course people like Hunt who United have been going after for some time now.
:confused: What do you mean people like Hunt? Do you mean Stephen Hunt?

I would LOVE it if he were playing the Euro's but sadly the Irish didn't make it :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marko Marin (19) for germany because noone knows him and his game. Quick, very good dribbler, good passes and crosses. He´ll be a sub at the start of games but he´ll come in later and make the decisive breakthroughs for germany (Odonkor 2008).

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The ones to watch out for are: Benzema, Modric, Arshavin and Huntelaar. No point of mentioning Ronaldo/Torres, bit obvious.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
In terms of teams.

Russia, Austria, CR and Portugal will do better than expected.
Austria?:eek: They are the worst team in it......

What about France, Spain, Holland, Italy and Germany?
They are the top teams in this....
It's going to be sooo hard to call this tournament.
Im going for France but like in 92 with Denmark and bloody Greece :rolleyes:
last time out, its there for the taking.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Austria are 500/1 but i think they'll at least get some points. Everyone is expecting them to end on 0 but i don't think so. They could beat Poland i think.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Austria are 500/1 but i think they'll at least get some points. Everyone is expecting them to end on 0 but i don't think so. They could beat Poland i think.
erm maybe.......but they are not going to 'shine' as the thread was asking....;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
france have so many players with potential to come through this time. The coach did a brave but good act in my opinion by going for some young players with hunger and lack of international experience on the big stage but with great potential.

Like ronaldo at euro 2004 and world cup 2006, he elevated his game to his real potential and played like a real star. Im expecting some of france or hollands players to try this. Possibly spain too.

I think quaresma and Nani have an oppurtunity to make a real good name for themselves too...especially Quaresma.

Frank ribery to be a hero?

Cristiano Ronaldo comes into this tournament in a completely different position in comparison to previous tournaments. Can he live up to his hype and play great? I hope he does. As everyone in here knows im a great fan of his footballing abilities and i hope he does well.

Spain have loads of good players with the potential to shine aswell but are they ready to shine as a team from start to end? Who knows!

Im lookin' forward to the tournament!

pz!

oh yeh and italy and germany, along with france are the teams who always are known to do great!

Italy france and holland are all in the same group though right? Thats pretty messed up! One must goooo!!

pz

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
^^^I am not 110% sure but i dont think hatem ben arfa made the final squad. I could be wrong though but im pretty sure he didnt make it when the squad was trimmed down.

pz

...shame for the lad if true though.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I think finally Spain could do it. I mean they have to, for a team with the phenomenal talent they have they just must.

I think Torres and Cesc are finally at a stage in their careers where they have matured but still have the zest of youth.

Along with Iniesta, Villa, Silva, Alonso. Just mmaybe they can finallly do it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i totally agree with dlan. Spain could actually do it.

i think holland has potential to go all the way.

whoever wins hopefully its a euro to remember!

·
Banned
503 Posts
Despite the quality of players representing teams like (spain, france, holland, italy, germany, portugal) I think croatia could go on to win it with there recent performances in the qualifying stages

1 - 19 of 19 Posts