Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United have a better youth team than Arsenal, trumpeted Sir Alex Ferguson , but is he right?
Arsenal's league cup wonderkids have proved themselves on the field of play whereas more than half of Sir Alex Ferguson's XI have yet to show just how good they are.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
marty davidson said:
I would say Arsenals because they play youngsters whole way true the cup.
which then get royally spanked 5-1 by spurs,then half of them get right royally spanked 4-0 by us lot...........you cant win nothing with kids :p

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
which then get royally spanked 5-1 by spurs,then half of them get right royally spanked 4-0 by us lot...........you cant win nothing with kids :p
If I remember rightly they only had Troure and Hoyte as the 'kids' vs us.

But there's probably look more promising, but I think ours will develop into better players, aslong as we give them a chance.

When we put in the youngsters we still play some experienced players which will help the younger players a lot more than simply playing all the young players at once.

For instance, Evans will play with Vidic and Possebon will play with 1 of 5 other great midfielders - they will get more experience per match than say Ramsay would while partnering Denilson.

I think in Rafael and probaly Fabio (I'm assuming with him) that we have 2 potential world class players, Evans also. When you consider Rio was what 27 before he became consistant? (06/07). This makes me think Evans could make it right to the top.

Possebon, Wellbeck and Campbell are my main worries. TBH I don't think Campbell will make it into our starting 11 on a consistant basis, but the other two definately have the talent, but will they get the chance with so much competition for places?

I think Arsenal are almost guranteed to have 4 or 5 brilliant players, especially with the chances they are getting, but while I think our youngsters have more potential than Arsenal's, chances will be harder to come by IMO.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Look at our midfield.

Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves, Scholes and Anderson.

Scholes has what, 2 years max left?
I doubt Hargreaves will ever be the same with this injury.
I feel Possebon has the potential to be better than Fletcher, and on a par with Carrick.

Seems so composed.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Depends what you mean by 'kids'? United have the better youngsters if you
include Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, twins, possebon etc....
but if 'kids' is less than 18 years old it has to be Arsenal.
Both clubs seem in good shape, better than the likes of the Scousers kids.

·
Registered
854 Posts
some people say our fans are too buyest. they will be proved right if someone says we have better kids than Arsenal's. They are are awsome, however our youth system has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Our u23's vs theres

Amos vs Fabianski
Rafael vs G.Hoyte
Evans vs Djourou
Cathcart vs Senderos
Fabio vs traore
Ronaldo vs Nasri
Denilson vs Anderson
Possebon vs Fabregas
Nani vs Walcott
Rooney vs Bendtner
Campbell vs Vela

MY opinion

Fabianski
Rafael Evans Senderos TRAORE
RONALDO Fabregas Anderson Wa;cott
Rooney Vela

Its close but arsenal just about shade it 6-5

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
^ You might aswell put Foster in there. Keeper's have a much monger career, so Foster, although not a 'kid' is still young in keepers terms as he could have 15 years left in him.

Senderos is supposedly going to Milan next summer (according to Milan fans anyway) and Traore has looked shocking whenever I've seen him, although the Pompey fans are raving about him so I think he is quite good, although if Fabio is like Rafael then he should be in there IMO. Actually you should put Clichy in there as he's only 23.

Fabio is a bit of an unknown right now, but hopefully he'll impress like his borther.

Arsenal do have more though. Players like Wilshere, Ramsey, Simpson, Vela, Denilson ect.

We'll just have to wait and see, hopefully ours will fulfill there potential wheras Arsenal's 'kids' stall a bit.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
if you Man Utd were to play Arsenal in an under 21 tournament, Arsenal would beat our team.

We have good players too, but Arsenal's quality in that age category is superior to ours.
At under 21, you'd be excluding Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani.

Arsenal not only have great talent, but they play attractive football and are fearless.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Arsena's youngsters have impressed me this season, same as last, but still i think United youngsters are getting there, as fergie is rotating them around but im impressed with Arsene bullsy tactics of releasing the kids in the Carling Cup and actually playing well than their current 1st team!

·
Registered
566 Posts
arsenal have the quantity.
imo, they have more talented young players compared to us.
however, i believe our youngster who are in the 1st team occasionally are on par if not better than most of their youngsters and if given the opportunity, they will definitely be our regulars sooner rather than later with quite a number of our players nearing retirement

·
23,699 Posts
Arsenal of course. Just look at their kids' confidence, performances and results. Awesome. It is already a wonder that their seniors are not quite ready to win the EPL despite such strong youth backup.

So for us, let's just focus on the seniors and leave the 'child's play' to Arsenal. :p ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Southern teams have the edge in youth, imo. Easier to attract youngsters to London and around than it is to the North, and with the leagues split into North and South, it keeps the Southern teams playing against a higher standard each week.

Not to say it's a massive gap, but it is there. Top teams like Liverpool, Man Utd and so on have good youth players but the opposition often isn't quite as good and it stagnates.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
versa said:
Arsenal of course. Just look at their kids' confidence, performances and results. Awesome. It is already a wonder that their seniors are not quite ready to win the EPL despite such strong youth backup.

So for us, let's just focus on the seniors and leave the 'child's play' to Arsenal. :p ;)
IMO there is a fine line you walk between giving your youngsters a chance and risking trophies.

While it's true l'arse's kids have put in some great performances, I am not sure that sticking with them (carling cup semis) and getting thrashed by spurs has helped their confidence in the long run.

To me, wenger errs on the side of carelessness while SAF errs on the side of caution.

Rather than play a side of kids in the 'lesser' cups, I think you should rotate 1 or 2 in for almost every game, regardless of the competition.

It's just my opinion tho...

·
Registered
100 Posts
manutd43va said:
arsenal have the quantity.
imo, they have more talented young players compared to us.
however, i believe our youngster who are in the 1st team occasionally are on par if not better than most of their youngsters and if given the opportunity, they will definitely be our regulars sooner rather than later with quite a number of our players nearing retirement
yup. Arsenal's young players seem to be more reliable than us.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well i went to watch Norwich City play Arsenal reserves last night.

Norwich won 4-2 :eek:

Luke Daley scored a hat-trick, he is a good young player.

Arsenal did play well but not as good as i was expecting and their finishing was poor.

Their team included 7 players who had played against wigan in the carling cup, so i was shocked at the result.

·
23,699 Posts
moondog said:
IMO there is a fine line you walk between giving your youngsters a chance and risking trophies.

While it's true l'arse's kids have put in some great performances, I am not sure that sticking with them (carling cup semis) and getting thrashed by spurs has helped their confidence in the long run.

To me, wenger errs on the side of carelessness while SAF errs on the side of caution.

Rather than play a side of kids in the 'lesser' cups, I think you should rotate 1 or 2 in for almost every game, regardless of the competition.

It's just my opinion tho...
I am for the youth always because I would prefer continuity from our own backyard for the obvious reasons of better loyalty, identity, feel-good factor etc.

It is also for the same reason that I prefer young promising players to displace the so-called squad members sooner than later. They have better potential waiting to be realised while we probably already know how far the squad members can go or can't go.

Nonetheless, it remains an ideal situation only, given the pressure to deliver these days especially with commercial interests in football looming large.

Besides, knowing who, when and whether they will come good eventually are more tricky.

And of course too, where to draw the line between grooming the next generation and buying off the shelves.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I dont care whos kids are better , its all about whos first team is beter .
People have been saying for years that arsenals kids are better , but united have enjoyed more success and that is what counts at the end of the day.
They also claim to play the best football as well , in my book the best football is played by the team that scores the most goals and concedes the least and that has been us most of the time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts