Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with you Aditya I have made that speech many times, although I thought that was a phrase that City fans used to make fun of us about being relegated. They chanted "Man U who the **** are Man U" and thats how the name caught on. I for one never use it I always refer to my team as United or Man United or sometimes Manchester United. In Egypt we simply refer to them as "Manchester" which is kind of cool pisses City fans off lol as it implies that United are the only team from Manchester worth a mention. But you are right, I too encourage every one to refrain from using the horrible abbreviation M** *.

·
Registered
34 Posts
seriously..............Get a life! this is the first thread i read since registering, i hope the rest aren't as dire :D

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
United are NOT known as Man U except by opposing fans and the media. Ask any United fan at OT and he will tell you its either Man Utd or Manchester United, nothing else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stop hating on eachother Aditya makes a very good point, we shouldn't be using that name for our wonderful club. Since the name originated from insulting remarks against us we, the fans, shouldn't use it. It'd be like if your name is Jimmy Shitta and people make fun of you by saying "Jimmy Shithead" and you gladly call yourself by that name.

If you don't think its such a big deal then say so but don't make comments about getting a life and all that shit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what a loaf of rubbish - you need to relax and stop fretting over rubbish. there is nothing wrong in using the term man u ... jeez, there are more important things to worry about in life ... serve soup to the homeless mate, then you'll rediscover some perspective. sorry, but it needs to be said

·
Registered
34 Posts
here here ^

Some people need to sort out their Priorities and stop being so pedantic..
I call them Man U because I'm a lazy git, doesn't make me liverpool Fan FFS, or mean i'm distrespecting their heritage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
1luv1utd said:
I agree with you Aditya I have made that speech many times, although I thought that was a phrase that City fans used to make fun of us about being relegated. They chanted "Man U who the **** are Man U" and thats how the name caught on. I for one never use it I always refer to my team as United or Man United or sometimes Manchester United. In Egypt we simply refer to them as "Manchester" which is kind of cool pisses City fans off lol as it implies that United are the only team from Manchester worth a mention. But you are right, I too encourage every one to refrain from using the horrible abbreviation M** *.
I bet all the city fans in Egypt are pissed off with that! (!)

:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
1luv1utd said:
Any informed city fan in Egypt will tell you that city ARE the only team in manchester,old trafford is just on the outskirts of manchester.:eek:
(thats an irrelivent fact though, as theres only one united!)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mruk said:
here here ^

Some people need to sort out their Priorities and stop being so pedantic..
I call them Man U because I'm a lazy git, doesn't make me liverpool Fan FFS, or mean i'm distrespecting their heritage :rolleyes:

I am glad to see someone isn't fussy, the last forum I was on they were having massive arguments, "its manu'' ''no its United".

It's crazy they all support the same club yet they still fight! There is only one United but fans United, well .......

I just call em' United ... simple as!

G

·
carlyluvsunited said:
Dont you have some wheel rims to go and steal or a giro to cash - or maybe its about time you trotted off to have a baby then you can apply for your councily house little girl
r u tryin 2 b funny? :mad:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts