Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched Citeh x Boro this weekend and then I asked myself, why City cannot be or think like a big team?

Well, first of all I want to say it's frankly my opinion and i'm writing it because I have nothing else to do. Excuse me any mistake - grammar or spelling-.

Throughout the season great players had been linked to Manchester City such as David Villa, Robinho, Adriano, Ronaldinho, Kaká... only one of them accepted the offer.

When Robinho left Real Madrid everyone was saying "what a looser, left Real to join Citeh". Over here in Brazil (where I live) the papers described it as an adventure.
But why is an "adventure"? The same papers said "City is a poor team." Well, indeed. But why they can not try to change it?

This reminds me when Maradona left Barça to join Napoli. Another times, but still, isn't it an adventure? To change from a great team like Barça to a weak italian side?

So, watching the match on saturday I realized why they can't be a big team - at least for now-. City is doing the reverse act of a solid team, IMO. They are trying to build a home with the roofs first instead of building the walls and floor. The floor would be the staff and the walls'd be the management. You see, They've bought several players this season but none of them changed anything. Why?

Apologize me, Hughes, but you're not a good manager. MH seems can't take the best of the players and he is simply okay with it. The players have no spirit of a team, a true team.

Robinho said yes to City but it was another story. He was completely unprofessional to Real saying "I'd go anywhere, I just don't want to play here anymore." He was confident that AbramovichFC would buy him.... Sorry my language but haha he's f**** himself. (Damn, I HATE ROBINHO *.*). Anyway, Robinho only left Spain to breath.

Adriano and David Villa would only think to accept a Citeh offer if the blues had a good team with proper oportunities of qualify themselves for at least UEFA Cup.
Messi and Kaká would never go from Barça or Milan because they love their clubs, just as Giggs, Scholes, Del Piero, Totti, Maldini, Gerrard etc and this, it's like the people say, money can't buy.

Money can't buy history or glory, even love as Beatles said. And City will never be a big team if they don't realize football still nowadays requires class and intelligence not only investment.

Altought I sound like a city fan, for God's Sake I'm not! I just think it would be fun to see Manchester City as a good team not this pathetic side. Well, as I said, had nothing else to do, so I wrote that. Comments?

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Mellory said:
Altought I sound like a city fan, for God's Sake I'm not! I just think it would be fun to see Manchester City as a good team not this pathetic side. Well, as I said, had nothing else to do, so I wrote that. Comments?

Thats a very good post all the way up to this line. BLASPHEMY :D :D :p

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Yeah you do sound like a City fan :p

The reason they cant be big is that they're trying to do it too fast. Footballers are all not like Robinho, playing for money. You cant expect City to pay millions and get any player, when they cant guarantee success of any kind, as shown by the kaka fiasco

They buy players for too much money, but don't realise that these players actually might not fit in with each other..

If they ever to become a big - oops mind my language, "massive" - club, it will take ages. I can't ever see them being as big as us though !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sownak27 said:
Yeah you do sound like a City fan :p

The reason they cant be big is that they're trying to do it too fast. Footballers are all not like Robinho, playing for money. You cant expect City to pay millions and get any player, when they cant guarantee success of any kind, as shown by the kaka fiasco

They buy players for too much money, but don't realise that these players actually might not fit in with each other..

If they ever to become a big - oops mind my language, "massive" - club, it will take ages. I can't ever see them being as big as us though !
Me neither. I don't even see Chelsea as a big club. Maybe I'd be dead when City turns into a big team. And sorry for sound like a Citeh fan, I didn't mean that, not at all.

S

·
0 Posts
Why would City want to be a big club when City are a MASSIVE club already ?

They've got the widest pitch in the land
They've got 54 players and they're no ****ing good
They've got Curly Watts as a celebrity fan
They play at Gresty Road and Edgerly Park
They go to Wrexham and Cardiff on Euro-aways
They had the future England Captain, but his cruciate went
They won the Shamrock Trophy in 92
They've got 3 stars on their new club badge
They've got exec boxes with a balcony
They've had seventeen managers in twenty years
They take 25,000 to every away
You can see Old Trafford from the Kippax Stand
They've got the best goalie the world has ever seen
They were the second-best team in Division Two
They have a civic reception when they've won **** all
They had a continental Laser Blue Kappa Kit
They're going to turn Manchester into Milan
They signed Spencer Prior on deadline day
They've got the Gallagher brothers in the Guvernors
They took a quarter of a million to Ewood Park
They've got 3007 in a temporary stand
They've got the tallest corner flags in the world
They invade their pitch when they win 3 points
They do a lap of honour when they win the toss
They won the Shamrock Trophy in '92
They had Ryan Giggs on schoolboy forms
They've got a farmyard animal and they play him up front
They've got three million fans in Manchester
It's been 32 years ( change to 33 in Feb)and they've won **** all
They've got a dirty old slapper with a rusty bell
They'll stay up for 3 seasons - autumn, winter and spring
They empty Stockport when they play at home
They've got four different stands from a Meccano kit
They're the only team that come from Manchester
All their fans live 10 minutes from The Council House
They've got the biggest bananas in the land
They've got a centre forward with grooves in his head
Their managers got a papier mache head
They'll be relegated by bonfire night
They've got salt and pepper on their hot dog stands
They've got the greenest grass in the whole of the world
They hounded Swales' mam into an early grave
They've had a gypsy curse on their massive pitch
Their best player ever played for Ajax reserves
They had a derby match with Macclesfield
They had Colin Bell who was better than Best(!)
They've been relegated ten times
They had a chairman and a manager that wore a wig
They bought Steve Daly for a million quid
They tried to sign Geoff Thomas and he turned 'em down
They've got Bernard Manning as their fattest fan
They used to be little, but now they're large
They sing racist chants, coz they've got no class
So Manchester City kiss my ass !!

Coz..City are a Massive club!

If you come from Manchester you're sure to be a blue...

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Mellory said:
Me neither. I don't even see Chelsea as a big club. Maybe I'd be dead when City turns into a big team. And sorry for sound like a Citeh fan, I didn't mean that, not at all.

haha Thank god
Anyway I was just kidding
:D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Great post. City are obviously using Chelsea as their model except they're not doing it right. :p

When Chelsea first set out to become big they did so not by purchasing mega stars but good up & coming players.

They started of with good promising English talent & they weren't afraid of buying duds.

Mainly because despite being new comers they were relatively cheap and they knew that some would succeed.

They bought Glen Johnson, Geremi & Wayne Bridge. Even though none of them really made it they were affordable errors at £6m a pop.

Joe Cole £6.6m, Lampard was there a few years before for £11m. They started with cheaper players.

Petr Cech £12m, Arjen Robben £7m. They bought cheap & they bought very, very well.

When they did spend big it was almost always for a truly gifted player £16m for Makelele, £24.4m for Essien both worth every penny.

They're only big money signing who left without making an impact was Mutu & that was only because he left after testing positive for Cocaine.

Meanwhile compare City to Chelsea. They go out & buy Robinho not because he was perfect for them but because he is high profile.

They already have Petrov. They have Elano & don't use him. Since Sven's left Richards has gone backwards. :rolleyes:

They were heading in the right direction under Sven now they're rudderless. They're scared of everybody.

·
Registered
605 Posts
they need a good manager

with that amounts of money,i cant see y they cant be as big as chelsea
not as big as us though

but we cant be sure that the owner wont be pissed off and leaves

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
For now city are just another average team in the premier league. It will take years for citeh to become a big club (if that ever happens), but they will never be as big as United, because they don't have the history on their side. Money buy players they bring trophies and publicity and the club is considered to be ''big'', but all the money in the world can't buy you history. You must make it, something that citeh will never be able to do

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Robhino didnt WANT to join City...yes the money is there ect but im sure given the choice it would have been Champs League Ch£l$ki over shitty.I know he is a money grabbing tit and even Pele said 'that boy needs therapy''.What people forget is yes WE have spent money to help to titles,but the foundation of our youth system has been the major influence.Ch£l$kis success was short lived by a team of both money and homegrown and you CANNOT buy success.You may be able to buy the odd accolade,but in the long run you won be 'succesfull'.There are too many over paid egos in the camp,all wanting that extra 10-15k a week on the next player and that causes mutiny.Also the guys that own them havent got a clue about football,at all,whatsoever.....I for one am very very glad about this :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rooneys_Temper said:
Robhino didnt WANT to join City...yes the money is there ect but im sure given the choice it would have been Champs League Ch£l$ki over shitty.I know he is a money grabbing tit and even Pele said 'that boy needs therapy''.What people forget is yes WE have spent money to help to titles,but the foundation of our youth system has been the major influence.Ch£l$kis success was short lived by a team of both money and homegrown and you CANNOT buy success.You may be able to buy the odd accolade,but in the long run you won be 'succesfull'.There are too many over paid egos in the camp,all wanting that extra 10-15k a week on the next player and that causes mutiny.Also the guys that own them havent got a clue about football,at all,whatsoever.....I for one am very very glad about this :)
Yes, I'm pretty sure he didn't want to join City. He only did because Real was disappointed with him and his behavior made the fans get angry. The only offer accepted to him was City's and then he thought "Oh crap, I was so sure I'd go to Chelsea but now my only way to get out here is joining City". Then he accepted saying "I like City's project."

Elano is wasting his time in City, he could go to Newcastle or Everton. I say the best buy of City was Given. Anyway, City need a solid project with the view of a good manager.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
for now city are still a mid table club. sure they have the money and stadium to compete, but at the end of the day money cant buy titles (chelsea for last 2 years)

the owners need to be patient an back off with thier 100m bids. they need to gibe the academy graduates a chance to prove themselves. sturridge, johnson and richards are decent players. their fans (real fans that is) would appreciate it alot more seein homegrown talent being at the centre of the team rather than money grbbing mercs who play for themselves not the team

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Interesting post. I think potentially, given a fair few years, City can become a big team, but I dread the day they do because their spending power could just monopolise things.

By the way, off topic, you're from Brazil right? Who would you say are the next big superstars to come out of Brazil?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Richie said:
Interesting post. I think potentially, given a fair few years, City can become a big team, but I dread the day they do because their spending power could just monopolise things.

By the way, off topic, you're from Brazil right? Who would you say are the next big superstars to come out of Brazil?

Well, the only player I can see out of here is Hernanes who plays for São Paulo FC.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rSgCFN7RlI

I don't like to judge players by youtube but as you may not know him this video is the best thing I get in moment.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
it will take man city 4/5 years to establish themselves in the top 4 you cannot throw money at the problem and expect instant success , people forget chelsea had already risen into the top 4 before splashing the cash and that means they already had a solid base to work from.
man city however are a shambles and it will take some time to get that rod of steel running through the team , players need to be kicked out of the club and replaced by good solid footballers before these so called superstars arrive . and the petrol heads will soon get fed up of failure and go back to camel racing.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hey Mellory, interesting read. And you are right 'Money cant buy history or glory'
I think City will become a great team but it wil take years. I also happen to think
that Hughes is right for the job, though he has taken his time to do anything :D.

He brought in some quality in January (Given, deJong, Bridge and Bellamy)
and since then they have won their 2 games. Given time they will do well.....
but lets hope its not TOO well.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Great post. City are obviously using Chelsea as their model except they're not doing it right. :p

When Chelsea first set out to become big they did so not by purchasing mega stars but good up & coming players.

They started of with good promising English talent & they weren't afraid of buying duds.

Mainly because despite being new comers they were relatively cheap and they knew that some would succeed.

They bought Glen Johnson, Geremi & Wayne Bridge. Even though none of them really made it they were affordable errors at £6m a pop.

Joe Cole £6.6m, Lampard was there a few years before for £11m. They started with cheaper players.

Petr Cech £12m, Arjen Robben £7m. They bought cheap & they bought very, very well.

When they did spend big it was almost always for a truly gifted player £16m for Makelele, £24.4m for Essien both worth every penny.

They're only big money signing who left without making an impact was Mutu & that was only because he left after testing positive for Cocaine.

Meanwhile compare City to Chelsea. They go out & buy Robinho not because he was perfect for them but because he is high profile.

They already have Petrov. They have Elano & don't use him. Since Sven's left Richards has gone backwards. :rolleyes:

They were heading in the right direction under Sven now they're rudderless. They're scared of everybody.
Another great post.
regarding Martin Petrov I must note that he is a badly injured. May be there is not the place where Petrov carrier needs to be discussed,but with few words i will try to make point. Petrov experienced plenty injuries,otherwise he should be a player
close to the Hristo Stoichkov class.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts