Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two-nil up and cruising early in the game there was little doubt United were not
going to collect three points against Bolton.

Or was there ?

United were comfortable and could have got several more if they had continued
to put their foot on the gas but instead they let the game drift and as a
consequence gave Bolton more opportunities than they might otherwise have
expected.

And in the process gave the fans a few scares.

Why do they do this? How many times have we seen United move quickly into a
winning position and then play chicken with their opponents?

I'm not naïve enough to expect the side to go full-out to win every game 5-0
when 2-0 is more than comfortable without too much exertion, especially at this
stage of the season - but do they really have to take it so easy?

Bolton weren't up to the task - but United will get caught out playing like this and
it will be costly.

Tell me what you think ...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Umm I can see where your comming with this. I agree that Man United in many games could of put the game beyond doubt instead of trying to "play chicken". I mean we did it vs Newcastle this season and Roma last season, I mean take most of our chances that we created. And when we don't things like West Ham, Man City, and Portsmouth happen. I am a personal believer of attack attack and attack! Do not just sit their and defend like most lower league teams do, you know the parked bus mentality. I just hope we create heaps vs Liverpool and test Reina heaps of times and we score a few good goals and win convingcingly!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
well....we have a great team wwhich play very attacking...we have about 6 players attacking all the time i think...so everyone thinks we should be scoring more goals...we waste too much chances.....ronnie seems to take his but im disappointed with rooney missing a lot of his chances.....but i have to say that 1 thing im most surprised is that we arent getting goals from defence like we had last year.....vidic hasnt scored for us yet which is a big surprise considering he is a big threat.......and also ferdinand hasnt scored much too except the one against newcastle i think.....we were saved a lot by our corners...but this year we have been not good as last year....the man city,pompeyetc things happen....its football.....we just have to carry on.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, yes, yes... I see what you are saying. You're right, every game cannot be won 5-0 and will never be, by any team. So, I say, why dwell on anything? Winning a treble is virtually impossible, a quadruple is a one in a lifetime chance, we are alive in 2 of the biggest competitions and I, for one, am a happy man.

A team without problems is not a team, it's a dream. A problem that we win a game 2-0, yet another team has had a few chances is a problem I am willing to accept gladly. You know why that is? Because I remember 3 or 4 seasons ago when Manchester United was struggling to keep its second place in the league. Today, we are first in a league that has become a lot more competative than it used to be and it pleases me very much.

All in all, everything is good, let the small things slide. We are playing good football and have proof in the standings to back it up.

P.S. 2 akash: Vidic HAS scored a goal in the league this season, Rio has 2. Not as many as one would like, but seems sufficient enough since we're 1st in the standings. A positive thing, if you ask me, because defenders should defend first and foremost and they are doing a tremendous task.

And I also disagree that "this year we have been not good as last year". I don't think one can actually give examples as to this statement, our football has been as entertaining as it was a season ago and also we have a much bigger squad which should give us more strength at the end of the season when players are bound to get tired or injured, more strength especially in the Champions League.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
most of the time is notice a bit of complacency creeping in to the team.That vibe that we fell when we see them make silly mistakes that cost us dearly.I fell,when have the momentum to run up a 3-0 or 4-0 win,we should take it and use it to ensure the game is won or else the opposing team could achieve that momentum and rally to cause us problems even if it is short-term or long-term.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
lets be honest do utd ever do anything the easy way,i have supported the club for over 30 years and the beauty of this club is they do things so dramaticly or to the extremes {both good and bad}.
i have always said utd are the greatest roller-coaster ride on the planet,thats why i love utd , we have been spoilt over the last 15 years {and loved every moment} but even our failures are spectacular,has for this seasons anxioty don't worry ronaldo will win it for us,we are very fortunate to have this guy i just hope he remains for a few more seasons.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts