He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check the transfer thread
gonzalo
guillermo
javier
etc etc
English sides no longer look to bring on home brewed players.
Look at Chelseas academy. Look at our under 21 side.
Managers are looking for ready made players from south america and spain ignoring what is under their nose.
Take a risk and blood some of our own and you will be rewarded.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
You can't really say that any nation with as rich a footballing culture as England will "never" win another World Cup because nobody knows what changes or the set of circumstances that might exist in ten, twenty or thirty years time. . . It just won't happen anytime soon. The current side is the worst for twenty years and we'll be lucky to make the World Cup in Brazil let alone win it.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't really say that any nation with as rich a footballing culture as England will "never" win another World Cup because nobody knows what changes or the set of circumstances that might exist in ten, twenty or thirty years time. . . It just won't happen anytime soon. The current side is the worst for twenty years and we'll be lucky to make the World Cup in Brazil let alone win it.
i can. and i have.
time will prove me right

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Why would Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Manuel Pellegrini or Andre Villas Boas care about bringing through young British talent? You could look at board level but even then they're in the business to make money not feed English ambition.

Grass roots is the obvious place to grow. Wilshere, Luke Shaw, Phil Jones. These players are good enough to play a big role in their teams starting XI at a young age so it can be done.

Kids should learn to play the game the right way in their local team with their mates. Kids are signing contracts at 9 years old these days. Nice way to keep the pressures off...

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
You're right. It seems teams have given up on developing English talent. They develop them to a level where they can sell them for a profit and give foreign kids more first team opportunities. I also think you guys are too rigid with the way you handle youngsters. Raw ability is generally frowned upon in favor of work ethic, yet when these kids are ready for the first team foreign players with flair get signed instead.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Promising players leave
Look at those that left us in last three years
gone to juve barca etc etc
Curse of the instant results culture but it has is and will ruin Englands national side for ever.

And the longer we go without glory the more the pressure will build.
Fergie was given time when we were past twenty years but no England manager will get that luxury

7,377 Posts
--------------------Rooney

Wellbeck-------------------------------Zaha

-------Wilshere-------------McEachran

-------------Pearson/Tunnicliffe

Shaw------Smalling---Jones----Walker

--------------------Hart

This team will triumph in the 2016 Euro's, win the 2018 World Cup and laugh in your face.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
--------------------Rooney

Wellbeck-------------------------------Zaha

-------Wilshere-------------McEachran

-------------Pearson/Tunnicliffe

Shaw------Smalling---Jones----Walker

--------------------Hart

This team will triumph in the 2016 Euro's and will laugh in your face.
i bet you a lifetime forum ban it will nt get to the final.
Do you take my bet?

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lifetime forum ban for you if the England national football team reach the final.

Liferime forum ban for me if they do not reach the final.

Deal.
it is on my good man
Mods take note and file for future reference
liferime will be classed as lifetime and not a sneaky mistype foreign type thing btw

·
8-2
501 Posts
Lifetime forum ban for you if the England national football team reach the final.

Liferime forum ban for me if they do not reach the final.

Deal.

Bye.

Clubs dont care about the national side and managers dont have the time to bring along english talent, its all about results and not about passports.

English players are also overpriced.

7,377 Posts
Bye.

Clubs dont care about the national side and managers dont have the time to bring along english talent, its all about results and not about passports.

English players are also overpriced.
Bye? Jesus. If I get banned it will be in three years time. Do you know what can happen in such a long period of time? Your whole life can change in just a week. I am sure that somewhere in Spain back in 2005 a fat drunk said in a spanish forum that the spanish national football team will never win a cup.

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
Three years is too long. What about Brazil 2014? Maybe a another wager with less drastic stipulations?

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
The main reason is, they're is far too much surrounding the national side, no other country in the world has as much media surrounding the side as England too. The players are under far too much pressure to preform.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts