Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Matt16 said:
As much as i despise chelski at least they have made the league more competitive. And if abramovich hadn't bought them fergie would have probably retired by now.
It's amazing Sir Alex's desire and fire to win trophies at this club. I'm sure Abramovich was going to buy us at some point, until he flew into London and while he was in the air he spotted Stamford Bridge and said "I want to buy that club".

Eric Cantona even said how football keeps Sir Alex "young".

It would of been right for us if Roman Abramovich bought us, it's only right that this club are the best in the world. We deserve to be. It's been a great injustice when Chelsea have won their titles.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

It's amazing Sir Alex's desire and fire to win trophies at this club. I'm sure Abramovich was going to buy us at some point, until he flew into London and while he was in the air he spotted Stamford Bridge and said "I want to buy that club".

Eric Cantona even said how football keeps Sir Alex "young".

It would of been right for us if Roman Abramovich bought us, it's only right that this club are the best in the world. We deserve to be. It's been a great injustice when Chelsea have won their titles.

Abramovich is the last person we would want at the helm believe me !!!

He has trashed Chelski now !!!

As a business they are in deep, deep trouble without his cash to prop them up. They must have a wage bill approaching £120 mill maybe £130 mill a year - that alone would bury them - plus they dont have any marketting projects such as the Far East and USA like we have - so they cant possible expect to survive if Abramovich pulls out - which he can do at the drop of a hat !!!

With the amount of cash he has it wont even bother him to lose the £300 mill he has spent there......Chelsea to him is a 'toy', nothing more.

When he does walk the whole of the first eleven will be gone and half the reserves too.

Chelsea's fall from grace is going to be very, very long and very, very hard.....but if you try to explain it to their fans they wont have none of it.....

I am waiting for the day Abramovich kicks their legs from under them and the halcyon days they enjoy right now disappear for good.

Then its back to mid-table oblivion and the odd cup run !!!!

F*ck off Chelsea FC
You aint got no history
16 leagues
and 11 FA Cups
Now thats what we call history !!!!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
This saying would apply to Roman Abramovich:-

"A fool and his money are soon parted".
He's no fool - he got what he set out to achieve - a winning football club - but its all false and will be short lived.

He has money to burn [Abramovich] £10 billion.

Second richest person in UK behind Lakshmi Mittal the steel guy from India......he owns half of my country - Romania

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reason why i hate Chelsea so much is that up until the Russian arrived at Chelsea they were a mid table club whose idea of a good season was to beat United once a year.
They seem to think that two titles means that they are on a level par with United and that they are a good european side, although they haven't won a significant trophy in the champions league despite the money they have spent.
The truth is that they bought the two premiership titles they won and will again try to buy the champions league this year.
Kenyon says that he hopes that Chelsea will be financially self supporting by the year 2010. Bollocks!!How can that be the case? 42000 crowds will not pay the wages bill that Chelsea have at this present time, how can it?
The club makes yearly losses of 80 million plus. It can't go on can it? The Russian is throwing money into a bottomless pit for what? So that they can say they have spent the most money on players this season.
Chelsea fans can't see it, all they see is the we're the richest club in the premiership we can buy this player and cost is no obstacle.
One day the russian will go and leave chelsea well and truly in the shit because they cannot afford the wages bill and when that happens i'll laugh myself silly because they had it coming. A definition of Chelsea is a small club with alot of money.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
To be fair Chelsea qualified for the Champions League the season before Abramovich took over. From memory they were regularly challenging for a place in the top 6 before that too.

Whilst they would have been highly unlikely to be winning (or even competing) for Premiership titles without his money they were on the up before the takeover and can not be dismissed as a mid-table club.

The recent losses they have made are largely due to their extravagant spending in the transfer market. The number of free transfers they have brought in this summer implies they are making an effort to reduce spending.

Whilst I am not privy to their business plan I believe that the owner and management team are aiming to make the business self-sustaining.

·
Registered
265 Posts
David Kidd said:
The reason why i hate Chelsea so much is that up until the Russian arrived at Chelsea they were a mid table club whose idea of a good season was to beat United once a year.
They seem to think that two titles means that they are on a level par with United and that they are a good european side, although they haven't won a significant trophy in the champions league despite the money they have spent.
The truth is that they bought the two premiership titles they won and will again try to buy the champions league this year.
Kenyon says that he hopes that Chelsea will be financially self supporting by the year 2010. Bollocks!!How can that be the case? 42000 crowds will not pay the wages bill that Chelsea have at this present time, how can it?
The club makes yearly losses of 80 million plus. It can't go on can it? The Russian is throwing money into a bottomless pit for what? So that they can say they have spent the most money on players this season.
Chelsea fans can't see it, all they see is the we're the richest club in the premiership we can buy this player and cost is no obstacle.
One day the russian will go and leave chelsea well and truly in the shit because they cannot afford the wages bill and when that happens i'll laugh myself silly because they had it coming. A definition of Chelsea is a small club with alot of money.

Yea chelsea are annoying. do you see all their fans at the bridge what a bunch of chain wearing burberry chavs they are. nearly as bad as the great unwashed(the kop)
:mad:
I hope they go the way of leeds utd in a few years and we can do the chin up gesture to all those crying chavs.
(now off to do some charity work)
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
reddwarf said:
To be fair Chelsea qualified for the Champions League the season before Abramovich took over. From memory they were regularly challenging for a place in the top 6 before that too.

Whilst they would have been highly unlikely to be winning (or even competing) for Premiership titles without his money they were on the up before the takeover and can not be dismissed as a mid-table club.

The recent losses they have made are largely due to their extravagant spending in the transfer market. The number of free transfers they have brought in this summer implies they are making an effort to reduce spending.

Whilst I am not privy to their business plan I believe that the owner and management team are aiming to make the business self-sustaining.
You sound as if you're on their side reddwarf. They were never going to win the premiership pre Abramovich. Until recently Chelsea were never one of the top 4 clubs in the country because they had no money under Ken Bates, who don't forget bought the club for a pound when it was potless....paints a picture doesn't it?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I just don't understand why United fans 'hate' Chelsea. They have only been our rivals for the last 3 years - before that they were nothing to us.

Liverpool, Man City and Leeds are worthy of the word but the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc are nothing more than flashes in the pan - rivals for trophies in the short-term but meaningless in the long-term.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Some how I dont see Leeds really making a comeback to be rivals anytime soon...

But you are right reddwarf. A few years ago it was anti-arsenal rather than anti-chelski but now where are Arsenal? scraping the top 4 with a poor team but admittedly a good manager. I would rate Tottenham higher at the moment to be honest. Arselol?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to say that I agree that the whole idea of hating Chelsea is a bit off, they have been around for about five minutes and they will disappear soon enough too, Roman will pull the plug and there will be nothing left. Saying that, I dont hate Arsenal, Leeds, Liverpool or City either. Its such a typical aggressive pointless thing to declare hatred for another club and it just leads to idiotic loutish behaviour, I dont particularly like any of the clubs that I mentioned before but none of them matter enough to me for me to say that I hate them.

This is why threads about kicking Liverpool players in the head etc annoy the crap out of me, i mean who really cares about Liverpool, they are not in our league and from what I saw today are heardly knocking on the door, I dont see how declaring hatred towards them makes someone a better fan.

Is it not enough these days to merely support your own team?

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
rubberdecky83 said:
I have to say that I agree that the whole idea of hating Chelsea is a bit off, they have been around for about five minutes and they will disappear soon enough too, Roman will pull the plug and there will be nothing left. Saying that, I dont hate Arsenal, Leeds, Liverpool or City either. Its such a typical aggressive pointless thing to declare hatred for another club and it just leads to idiotic loutish behaviour, I dont particularly like any of the clubs that I mentioned before but none of them matter enough to me for me to say that I hate them.

This is why threads about kicking Liverpool players in the head etc annoy the crap out of me, i mean who really cares about Liverpool, they are not in our league and from what I saw today are heardly knocking on the door, I dont see how declaring hatred towards them makes someone a better fan.

Is it not enough these days to merely support your own team?
Yeah, but you got to admit, Chelsea are a bunch of pricks :p

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I hate Peter Kenyon for being a traitor, he said he was a red through and through and all because of better figure some of money, he sells himself out and joins Chelsea and then he's spouting out crap about how Chelsea are going to be bigger than Manchester United....die Kenyon die!!! Bloody egghead.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
I hate Peter Kenyon for being a traitor, he said he was a red through and through and all because of better figure some of money, he sells himself out and joins Chelsea and then he's spouting out crap about how Chelsea are going to be bigger than Manchester United....die Kenyon die!!! Bloody egghead.

Good to get rid of pricks like him though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
reddwarf said:
I just don't understand why United fans 'hate' Chelsea. They have only been our rivals for the last 3 years - before that they were nothing to us.

Liverpool, Man City and Leeds are worthy of the word but the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc are nothing more than flashes in the pan - rivals for trophies in the short-term but meaningless in the long-term.
Totally agree with that.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts