Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John O'Shea - the one of US ...

The reason why I like him is because of what he represents. He represents an ordinary bloke who is aware what he's acvhieved ! He represents not the fastest of players , not the most skilfull or even not the best tackler or header.He maybe can't dribble his way to the goal, he can't beat defenders in flashy fashion, heck many times he can't even stop players without using his arms. to make it simple - he representsan an ordinary man(fan) who would give everything just for 10 seconds on that pitch of Old Trafford. I see him as a representative of an United fan in the team ! He is the living proof that hard work does pay off !

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he is useful, and as long as he remains satisfied with wat he is providing to the team, he can stay at old trafford for years to come, and most importantly, he is a man utd man

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I like him because never once do i hear him complaint of not having enough game or moaning at how many times he have to play out of his position. Top lad he is & will always remember him as that other than him being versatile.

·
Registered
303 Posts
when jonny goes marching down the wing o'shea o'shea,
when jonny goes marching down the wing o'shea o'shea,
when jonny goes marching down the wing the strefford end stand up an sing,
we all know that jonnys gonna score

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
cant stand j oshea after some of his performances for ireland and his unique ability to consistently pass to the opposition!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
alto10 said:
The man will always be loved for that goal
Not just the goal at Anfield.

He also scored against Everton home and away. His goal at Goodison Park was crucial. It got us back into the game and prompted Fergie to bring Ronaldo off the bench, which changed the game.

·
23,699 Posts
eoininho said:
cant stand j oshea after some of his performances for ireland and his unique ability to consistently pass to the opposition!!!

I am your rare sympathiser. And mind you, JOS is not the only one with this special 'gift'...

But I still like him.

I like him because he is a handy sub for any position and most important of all, he is proud and happy to just hang around the first team. Good lad.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
O'Shea is a great professional player and ANY player that scored a winner at Anfield should be loved forever. Last season didnt he have the best goal to shot ratio ever recorded??
Anyway he has played over 270 games for United which is a huge amount.
he is so versatile which makes him a great asset to the squad. he never moans or gives out and he is happy to be part of the squad.
We are lucky to have him at OT and Im a big fan.
Him having a cool song and being Irish also helps :)
keep up the good work Jonner.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
. Last season didnt he have the best goal to shot ratio ever recorded??
Dont think it was the best ever recorded but it was the best of the season.

4 goals from 5 shots if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have to say I , like a lot of United fans, am ambivalent about john O'Shea. on the one hand he's a terrific utility player who can slot into any position from 1 to 11.He's humble enough to recognise he is fortunate to playing with so many great players and scored some priceless goals like last season.

However, on the other hand there is so much more That John o' shea could give to United/ Ireland. For a lad with such composure and ability on the ball as he showed in his first season in the team in 02/03 he simply hasnt shown that form since on a consistent basis. The perception rightly or wrongly is that he's lazy & careless in the way he gives the ball away too much for example. it seems that once he established himself after that first season and earned a new contract of circa 40k a week he lost the hunger to prove himself . This lax atttiude manifests itself sadly all too often when playing in an Ireland shirt where in not playing with players of United standard he is a big let down to put it mildly.

all in all though I am a fan of Jos but Its time for him to not settle for just being a handy squad player and try and claim a more permanent position in the team.His talent deserves nothing less otherwise I feel like Phil neville/Butt/Brown maybe he will move on to try and get more first team football .

·
Registered
217 Posts
I Like Johnny. He don't have great skills, don't score many goals, but his versatility is very useful for the team. When SAF needs, Johnny is there. He knows your limitations, and sometimes this is a important thing.
And scored impotant gols, like against Arsenal in season 03/04 and against Liverpool in the last Season.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And I really must say this again - "he represents an ordinary man who would give everything just for 10 seconds on that pitch of Old Trafford. I see him as a representative of an United fan in the team ! He is the living proof that hard work does pay off !"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts