Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought lately hauled off early against chelsea didnt get a minute away or at home against barca and again didnt get on at the weekend, he also didnt play at blackburn or boro ? and he's been so impressive so i just wondered why is he not playing as much recently i mean i know he's young and all but he's been amazing this year just think he can give us more ? maybe fergie is saiving him for the lat two games maybe ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he actually had to play anderson beause of the injuries to hargo and scholes and carrick was not in his best form...but he springed a surprise and he is doing well...scholes and hargo is back......so he just doesnt have a spot in the team...he was pt in to get experience and he got it....now he has to put in good perfomances in the games he is played and hope SAF is impressed...

·
Banned
198 Posts
Annd.. over the last 2 seasons he's rested more than he's played. Partly due to his age and partly due to his injury. I do remember him saying hes played more games this season than in his last 2 - possibly together1. bUT WHAT AN IMPACT HE MADE THIS SEASON, AGAINST aRSENAL AND lIVERPOOL MOST NOTICABLY. (sorry about the caps lock)

Maybe we#ll see him play against Wigan? Maybe we'll staret with him vs Chelsea in Moscow :eek:. He fits in seamlessly with a 4 5 1 formation. 60mins with Anderson then bring on Super Darren Fletcher and clinch the game..

But out of favour for negative footballing reasons he is not; he's being rested.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I think he may have a knock and fergie doesnt want to risk him to be honest I was angry with fergie for taking him off at chelsea it seem to surrender the game for me

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think its so much him being out of favour, but at the moment, how can you drop Scholes/Carrick?

It really is a case of so many top class players, but not enough places to accomodate them.

Maybe look to see more of Anderson next season.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think its ridiculous that idiot nani has been playing ahead of him!! He could have cost us the game at barca with his pathetic performance and his childishness against wham on another day could have cost us the title! Meanwhile a dependable genius in the making warms the bench

And I'm sick of apologizing for being critical of nani he's not a united player!

·
Registered
25 Posts
eoininho said:
I think its ridiculous that idiot nani has been playing ahead of him!! He could have cost us the game at barca with his pathetic performance and his childishness against wham on another day could have cost us the title! Meanwhile a dependable genius in the making warms the bench

And I'm sick of apologizing for being critical of nani he's not a united player!
They're different kinds of player though.

It's like complaining that Wes Brown is getting a game ahead of Anderson.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
he is probably saving him for Wigan and Moscow.He has made a big impact on OT and United even though he has'nt scored any goals.I prefer him over Nani mostly

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anderson has been dropped because of poor form.
Try and name the last time he had a great game???
It hasnt been for around 2 months. Against Roma for example he
was out of his depth and in other games he has been very ineffective
and unable to influence the game.
His shooting is....er not so good (thats being kind)
and his passing has ranged from poor to excellent i.e inconsistent.

He has been a revelation this season but has faded in the latter stages,
which is still great for his first season. He is definitely one for the future,
and he wont be getting in ahead of Scholes, Carrick or Hargo for the final 2 games.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Maybe u are right jazz he hasnt been at his best but taking him of at chelsea was a mistake it did surrender the game we had them on the rack at that point

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
Maybe u are right jazz he hasnt been at his best but taking him of at chelsea was a mistake it did surrender the game we had them on the rack at that point
Good point, He was decent enough going forward against Chelsea but it
was Fergie's choice that day, mistake or not.

Im just being honest when he saw he hasnt been effective over the last few
months. Id have the other cm's in ahead of him, most of the time.
But for his age and over time he could eclipse the lot.
He has the potential and seemingly the all round package.
Im sure we will see lots more of him next year and into the future.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Good point, He was decent enough going forward against Chelsea but it
was Fergie's choice that day, mistake or not.

Im just being honest when he saw he hasnt been effective over the last few
months. Id have the other cm's in ahead of him, most of the time.
But for his age and over time he could eclipse the lot.
He has the potential and seemingly the all round package.
Im sure we will see lots more of him next year and into the future.

very true jazzman very true yeah he has tired in the later stages of this season to be fair but great season though

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RememberTheName said:
They're different kinds of player though.

It's like complaining that Wes Brown is getting a game ahead of Anderson.
we could have shuffled things about, also anderson can and has in the past played left wing

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont just mean starting guys, im talking about people like o'shea comming on in games ahead of him ? just was a bit confused, no1 can tell me o'shea is more effective than ando ( e.g. against west ham )

·
Registered
854 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Anderson has been dropped because of poor form.
Try and name the last time he had a great game???
It hasnt been for around 2 months. Against Roma for example he
was out of his depth and in other games he has been very ineffective
and unable to influence the game.
His shooting is....er not so good (thats being kind)
and his passing has ranged from poor to excellent i.e inconsistent.

He has been a revelation this season but has faded in the latter stages,
which is still great for his first season. He is definitely one for the future,
and he wont be getting in ahead of Scholes, Carrick or Hargo for the final 2 games.
Ye i'd agree with everything you said here. I'm sure we'll see more of the andershow next season.

·
Registered
488 Posts
No way this lad is going to be out of favor... He's young and played a crucial part for our season... Honestly, SAF have to rest him as the last few games he played was looking rather tired... He has yet to get used to it... Give him some time to overcome the pace... He will be a regular in the next 2 season... 2 more games... SAF sure knows what he's up to... :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where has Anderson gone?

This may seem like a stupid question but where has Anderson been, apart from on the bench, for United's last few games? Its hard to see, short of him carrying a knock, how SAF could have left him out of the 2 legs of the CL semi and the Chelsea and W Ham games considering his form this season.

Any ideas?:confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts