Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i started a thread about this 'why is ando out of favour' he did play against chelsea but hasnt figured for the others i can only think he is being rested for the lat two games and of course carrick and scholes playing out of their skins, im not sure weather to expect him to play at the weekend either maybe not because as i said i cant see carrick or scholes not playing ... still he'll be back soon enough

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry bout that Drew, havent been on in a while, did a quick scroll for any such threads but missed it, apologies.

In fairness, I would argue that while he hasnt been playing badly, Carrick's form hasnt been such that he should be keeping Anderson out of the team. Given that he also played against Pool home and away and bossed them as well as against Arsenal at home, its not like SAF was keeping him out of the big games.

Its a headscratcher...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
oh no problem mate :) yeah i can see what your saying i've been suprised to, i just think with scholes being so good he cannot leave him out and simply carrick partners scholes better than anderson does, thats all i can think mate ...hope we see him before the seasons out though truly great talent :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Anderson will be cream crackered after the season he's had. I never expected him to play so many games for us this season. He was in the Brazil squad for the Copa America so missed pre-season, then found himself thrust into the first team when Scholes got injured and played every other game for 3 months. That's the most football he'll have ever played in such a short space of time in his life.

I think his performance levels have dipped towards the end of the season but that is not a surprise. After running the show against the likes of Gerrard and Fabregas earlier in the season he has looked tired the longer the season has gone on.

He's a great impact substitute to have though with his pace, power and passing range. I reckon we'll see him against Wigan at some point.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
pass_me_a_rizla said:
Annd.. over the last 2 seasons he's rested more than he's played. Partly due to his age and partly due to his injury. I do remember him saying hes played more games this season than in his last 2 - possibly together1. bUT WHAT AN IMPACT HE MADE THIS SEASON, AGAINST aRSENAL AND lIVERPOOL MOST NOTICABLY. (sorry about the caps lock)

Maybe we#ll see him play against Wigan? Maybe we'll staret with him vs Chelsea in Moscow :eek:. He fits in seamlessly with a 4 5 1 formation. 60mins with Anderson then bring on Super Darren Fletcher and clinch the game..

But out of favour for negative footballing reasons he is not; he's being rested.
2 Seasons?

He hasnt even been here a year

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
i would imagine that SAF had the idea of nani and anderson featuring in the carling cup to get adjusted to life in England while not playing in the most important competition to get their feet wet...i think ando has featured in his fair share of games, and to come in and expect him to get the nod over scholes, carrick, fletcher, o'shea, and hargo is a bit unrealistic, especially in these big final matches where every point counts

and on a side note, why does a ando thread open the door for nani bashing? nani has had some highs and lows this season, you have to grow with the mistakes...i mean look at the benefits we are reaping from the patience we had with ronnie

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i think anderson put in a couple of sub standard performances and fergie has brought him back down to earth.
on the nani front i wish people would leave him alone hes not even 20 yet , remember ronnies first couple of seasons , there was no end product to his game now look at him.
fergie and carlos will work on him before next season , i think by the following season you will see the best of nani and anderson , they were brought for the future and ended up playing more games than fergie wanted

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I dunno man, i think the reason to this, i think Sir Alex wants consistentcy, and Anderson hasn't always provided that! Plus i think he wants to go defensive especially is you got Carrick and Scholes in Centre Mid and Carrick can get back and defend well!

UNITED TILL I DIE!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The most plausible reason for Anderson not playing is definitely his hair.

It is atrocious and I stilll get shivers down my spine when I cast my mind back to 2005 and when both Rio AND Wes had corn rows......... *shudder*

It was bloody hideous and effeminate. Maybe it takes a real man to wear t wear pink and corn rows, but it just looks ridiculous. Footballers have had some of the worst hair cuts in history and corn rows are right up there with the worst.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
ManUtd08 said:
oi shut ur mouth nani is good player so is anderson
One more instance of you talking
to people like this and YOU WILL BE
out the back door Mr !!!

You've had more than enough chances now ...

There are no more !!!

You don't believe me ... ?

TRY ME :mad:

·
Registered
566 Posts
think anderson is exceptional this season and i believe he still have much to improve on and show next season. from videos in youtube, i can see him with unbelievable dribbling skills and is being compared to ronaldinho. he is made to be quite defensive minded and i believe he can perform much better if fergie allows him to play a more attacking game.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
One more instance of you talking
to people like this and YOU WILL BE
out the back door Mr !!!

You've had more than enough chances now ...

There are no more !!!

You don't believe me ... ?

TRY ME :mad:
Goodness Gracious, Angry Carly! :eek: The kitten has claws!

I'm sorry I've just watched Grey's Anatomy & Ugly Betty so I'm currently on a feisty women high.

Hmmm. Probably shouldn't have admitted I watch those two shows...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...where da heck is Anderson? Injuries? Arguments with Fergie? Or he just can't keep a spot?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts